“Professional, caring people, with a great attitude who go above and beyond.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort

Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersGold level
Hammond, Indiana
“Professional, caring people, with a great attitude who go above and beyond.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2010

From the nice welcome at reservations(Devin), seeing Mgr. Dan who introduced himself, after always seeing him everywhere helping out, always keeping on top of things, and D.W. Anderson employee ( Brittany ) looking everywhere, tracking me down to get a photo back to me that I left on the restaurant table. Professional, alert life guards at the waterpark, helping the kids learn things. This kinda sums up a wonderful experience here, mostly because of the great staff at Key Lime Cove. I just can't believe that anyone could leave a negative about this place. Everyone wants to, and is looking foward to coming back. Todd Pers

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family

831 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Midwest
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

First and most importantly, our little kids loved the water park. We went on the first Friday of December break, and the water park was not very busy. They had a ball, really. But my husband and I noticed some pretty unhappy things: the food at Crazy Toucan was practically inedible. Dry to the point of dessicated, and just stale/nasty. In the same way, the candy sold at the fabulous-looking candy shop was ancient and tasteless. Really disappointing. The rooms were unclean -- not filthy, but just stale and somewhat grimy. There is NO room service. There is room delivery in the morning of pre-packaged food items like muffins and juice cartons, but no hot food, and all WAY over-priced with a delivery fee. Finally, the noise in the hallway kicked in around 10 pm and didn't end all night. There were kids racing and screaming and banging around -- lots of them, from ages 4 to 12 or older --for hours. Hello? Parents? Hotel managers? Bottom line is that Key Lime is touted as a RESORT, but it has fallen way short of resort amenities. If it advertised itself as "Water Park with lower-end, Super 8-style accomodations" and dropped its price by 2/3, that would be more honest.

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, December 22, 2010
Dear CamdenFoster,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us. We truly appreciate all of our guest feedback.

It sounds like you picked a perfect time to enjoy our waterpark and I’m glad that you and your family had so much fun. I do apologize that you were not satisfied with some of our food items. Please know that I did pass on your comments to our Food and Beverage Director.

We do, however, encourage our guests to speak with our staff about any major issues, such as food quality, cleanliness, and security, as they have been trained to address and rectify your concerns in a timely fashion. In addition, hot food items are offered through our room delivery service and we are looking to add to this menu, as well as adding room service.

We want to thank you for letting KeyLime Cove accommodate you and your family and we do hope you will consider us again in the future.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2010 via mobile

I live literally on the same street as this place, Dilleys Rd. I never would of gone since I live so close, and my cousins were in from Cali, my aunt from Chicago chose Keylime Cove as a place to take them for a weekend. The place is pretty ghetto, everyone is teenagers who go to Warren High School and make minimum wage so you would expect the place to be operating in less than premium settings. If you want a beach, palm trees, and paradise. Don't go to Gurnee, its like hell frozen over compared to a tropical joke. Go out of the U.S if you want real vacationing

• Stayed June 2010
Dear DaBears1985,

Thank you very much for your feedback. Please know that KeyLime Cove works hard to make each and every one of our guest’s experiences a truly amazing and memorable one. I truly hope that your relatives had a splash-tastic stay when they visited us.

Please feel free to email slumi@keylimecove.com if you do have any issues that you want to address. I would be more than happy to discuss a specific concern with you.

We love our local guests, who do visit the resort regularly. If you don’t have an interest in staying the night you are always more than welcome to enjoy our arcade, eateries, or spa.

Chicago
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2010

I stayed overnight on Nov 13th. I went with my spouse, my two sons and my nephew. I thought the room was nice and the water park was lovely. The fridge in our room was not working, not a big deal. I'm not a complainer so I just filled the sink with ice and made due. At about 9pm the children were at the arcade and I was having some appetizers when my nephew informed me that Stephanie, a lady that works at the little store where they sell candy, was being rude to them. I have an 11 year old with special needs and she asked my son if he had been hit in the head too many times because he was stupid. I was outraged because this is coming from an adult. I saw the manager and she apologized and my son was offered a free ice cream cone. Luckily my son doesnt pick up on someone degrading him but my nephew did. I was very upset and shed a few tears but needless to say I will not be returning!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, December 6, 2010
Dear artickiss,

On behalf of the entire resort, I would like to apologize for your family’s experience. Please know that we value each and every one of guests and strive to provide all of our guests with a splash-tacular stay.

Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family.

Urbana, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We had such a good time here we all welled up when we were leaving.This park was great for the young at heart and the young!!..I had 4 kids with me from a 3,4,7 and a 13 year old girl! They had two sections that were catored toward small children- one was gated for even safer baby play! The babies had 3 water slides that were safe for them to go on over and over. The prices were not outrageous like most resorts weve been to and almost everything was good. One thing I say skip was the cold sandwiches in the water park itself. However we had a buffet for Thanksgiving fit for a king! We also had a breakfast buffet that was surprisingly affordable. Small children ate free. Want a full bar and gourmet food? Go to Crazy Toucan's!! The smell drew us in and we were so happy! The theme is so amazing for a few days I was not in Illinois but rather on an Island somewhere. I loved that you didnt have to be stressed about being dressed too...that made us relax and have a good time! There is a Huge arcade sure to please all. Friday night they had a all ages dance party...and we LOVED IT! We also purchased a Hawaiin art name sign that was too beautiful for words. ONLY $30!! Matted. The only thing this place was missing for me was chinese take out..lol. I could of went and got some or maybe ordered in. Nahhhh. Crazy Toucans was calling me again..I CANT WAIT to come back!!! ps I could of stood for more night life there...but I was too tired from the park to really care.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

To make it short.....housekeeping was not too good. the curtains were stained , the shower curtain was as well. the sleep sofa had stains everywhere, and the sleep sofa didnt have clean sheets. There was still food left in the fridge from the previous guest. Service was decent, staff were ok, not too friendly but they got the job done. the waterpark is not all that big, but it will do for a weekend getaway. The tubes for the pool were all deflated, it was a struggle trying to find one that would float. another thing was the noise in the hallways at night, im the type of person that can sleep through noise, but this time i kept getting woken up in the middle of the night, kids running around, slamming doors, it was bad. Overall it was an ok stay... but its way overpriced. even with a military discount the rate was $160 a night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear AnaPR,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us. We take all of our guest feedback seriously as it gives us the opportunity to improve.

I sincerely apologize for any issues of cleanliness. Here at KeyLime Cove we take great pride in our quality and customer service so please trust that these issues have been addressed and improvements have been made. We also encourage our guests to speak with our staff about any major issues, such as cleanliness, security, and quality, because they have been trained to address and rectify your concerns in a timely fashion.

Unfortunately during our peak times and holidays the increase in guest activity can create an increase in noise. The date of your stay we had three security guards making sure that guests respected our quiet hours. Although, we did as much as possible as a staff there were still guests making noise in the halls and for that we apologize.

Montgomery, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

We had a great time with 2 young kids (2 and 6). The kids club was a lot of fun for them and the people who worked in it were great with my kids. The water park was perfect for both of them. My little one loved the kiddie area. Rooms were on the small side and you could hear what was going on in the hall (we were at the start of the hall)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!