“Key Lime Cove-AHHHHH Yes!” 5 of 5 stars

Thanksgiving at the Cove
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Urbana, Illinois
“Key Lime Cove-AHHHHH Yes!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2010

We had such a good time here we all welled up when we were leaving.This park was great for the young at heart and the young!!..I had 4 kids with me from a 3,4,7 and a 13 year old girl! They had two sections that were catored toward small children- one was gated for even safer baby play! The babies had 3 water slides that were safe for them to go on over and over. The prices were not outrageous like most resorts weve been to and almost everything was good. One thing I say skip was the cold sandwiches in the water park itself. However we had a buffet for Thanksgiving fit for a king! We also had a breakfast buffet that was surprisingly affordable. Small children ate free. Want a full bar and gourmet food? Go to Crazy Toucan's!! The smell drew us in and we were so happy! The theme is so amazing for a few days I was not in Illinois but rather on an Island somewhere. I loved that you didnt have to be stressed about being dressed too...that made us relax and have a good time! There is a Huge arcade sure to please all. Friday night they had a all ages dance party...and we LOVED IT! We also purchased a Hawaiin art name sign that was too beautiful for words. ONLY $30!! Matted. The only thing this place was missing for me was chinese take out..lol. I could of went and got some or maybe ordered in. Nahhhh. Crazy Toucans was calling me again..I CANT WAIT to come back!!! ps I could of stood for more night life there...but I was too tired from the park to really care.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 21, 2010

To make it short.....housekeeping was not too good. the curtains were stained , the shower curtain was as well. the sleep sofa had stains everywhere, and the sleep sofa didnt have clean sheets. There was still food left in the fridge from the previous guest. Service was decent, staff were ok, not too friendly but they got the job done. the waterpark is not all that big, but it will do for a weekend getaway. The tubes for the pool were all deflated, it was a struggle trying to find one that would float. another thing was the noise in the hallways at night, im the type of person that can sleep through noise, but this time i kept getting woken up in the middle of the night, kids running around, slamming doors, it was bad. Overall it was an ok stay... but its way overpriced. even with a military discount the rate was $160 a night.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, November 24, 2010
Dear AnaPR,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us. We take all of our guest feedback seriously as it gives us the opportunity to improve.

I sincerely apologize for any issues of cleanliness. Here at KeyLime Cove we take great pride in our quality and customer service so please trust that these issues have been addressed and improvements have been made. We also encourage our guests to speak with our staff about any major issues, such as cleanliness, security, and quality, because they have been trained to address and rectify your concerns in a timely fashion.

Unfortunately during our peak times and holidays the increase in guest activity can create an increase in noise. The date of your stay we had three security guards making sure that guests respected our quiet hours. Although, we did as much as possible as a staff there were still guests making noise in the halls and for that we apologize.

We want to thank you for letting KeyLime Cove accommodate you and your family and we do hope you will consider us again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Your friends at KeyLime Cove
Montgomery, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 16, 2010

We had a great time with 2 young kids (2 and 6). The kids club was a lot of fun for them and the people who worked in it were great with my kids. The water park was perfect for both of them. My little one loved the kiddie area. Rooms were on the small side and you could hear what was going on in the hall (we were at the start of the hall)

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 24, 2010

I was very, very hesitant to book a stay at this resort based on the many negative reviews I had read, epecially the ones about the place being dirty. I had also heard first-hand from relatives that it wasn't clean. So, I took a big leap of faith when I booked it. I was pleasantly surprised with how things turned out.

Pros:
-There was no wait to check in (when I'd read it can take 1-3 hours for this process)
Our room was immaculate, the waterpark itself was very clean (no towels all over the floor), the hallways were a little banged up, but clean.
-The wristband system was wonderful. We didn't have to worry about leaving our bag on a chair because we no cash or valuables in it. We didn't have to go and find one another to get the room key because everything is on the wristband.
-There is a safe in the room to store valuables. This was a big plus as I'd read reviews that people's rooms had been broken into and belongings stolen. I would not have felt comfortable leaving my belongings if they couldn't have been locked up.
-The size of the waterpark and attractions were perfect for my kids age-range. I have an 8 year-old and a 5 year old. They had a blast!

Cons:
-The floors in the waterpark are way too slippery. The architect really messed up on that. My son slipped within the first five minutes of being there and he wasn't running.
-There didn't seem to be enough towels to go around. Everytime I went to get some for the four of us, there would only be one or two on the rack.
-The food at the pizza/burger concession stand was expensive, lousy, and it took forever to get it
-The waterpark should be open until at least 10:00 P.M.. The arcade is open until midnight, but most people don't go to a waterpark intending to spend hours at an expensive arcade, they are there to swim. Also, the guy who checked us in at the front desk told us the water park opens in the morning at 10:00 A.M. when it is actually 9:00 A.M. How could he not have known the correct time?? We lost precious time there in the morning due to this misinformation.
-There were kids running up and down the halls late at night. This is more a fault of the parents not supervising them, or making them behave, but it doesn't seem like the quiet hours are really enforced by the hotel.

So, overall it was much better than expected, but I think it helped greatly that we went on a regular weekend and not during peak time.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Saint John, Indiana
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 12, 2010

My family was planning our first outing to Keylime Cove to celebrate my husband's health after suffering a brain tumor. I went online and made a reservation for two nights. As soon as I did it I realized that I made a mistake with the dates. I canceled the reservation. Nothing popped up saying "a $30 charge will be made because you canceled ONE MONTH before your reservation". So, I submitted a new reservation for the correct date. Then, I noticed on my banking that Keylime deducted TWO nights instead of ONE night for deposit. It literally took three weeks and NUMEROUS calls for anyone in customer service to help get that credited. I am soooooooooooooooo tired of hearing how long a debit card credit takes. THEN DON'T LET PEOPLE USE THEM!!!!!! After all these calls Barry finally approved it and suddenly it went through which tells me that they never put the credit through. HOWEVER, when they put the credit throught they deducted $30 for my cancelation on the first reservation. Customer Service told me that wouldn't happen before I made a new reservation within a minute. I am STILL waiting for that credit and it has been a month. When we were there this weekend I saw other people talking with Hank about this debit card issue and how ridiculous the whole process is. AGAIN, STOP LETTING PEOPLE USE DEBIT CARDS ONLINE if it takes that long to credit etc. I wish I could say that we would go back but I cannot stand the customer service. I guess being a sales manager for years taking care of clients I am more sensitive to things. They really need to get a hold on it. I really don't want anyone at Keylime responding to this because I don't believe anything that comes out of there mouth. I guess I'll have to eat the $30 and chuck it up to a bad experience.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
Joliet, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2010

The place was great and everyone was nice and we loved it

Very claen and you felt like we were in flordia

• Stayed July 2010
Moline, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2010

A close friend and I decided to take our kids (three in total) to the water park and then six flags. KeyLime offered a great package deal that included ticket to the theme park. When I booked the rooms, they took all the money upfront, which I have not experienced before, not big deal though, however, they over charged me by $120. When I called the reservation office about the discrepancy, I got a negative attitude telling me I didn't know what I was talking about. She talked to me like I was dumb and could not do math....I eventually talked with a supervisor and after several days of meetings on their end they straightened it out. Turns out they had an internal issue with their online booking. I should not have been aware of this issue, they should have just taken care of it. One of the higher ups told me that he would have a "great surprise" for me when we checked in to make up for the hassle. Before we left I spoke with my sister and she said her 2 children would be able to accompany us on our adventure, so that added to my excitement. We arrived at about 1:30 in the afternoon, and were allowed to check in a little early. I notified the front desk that I had two extra children that would be staying in the room and there was no problem, I just had to pay for their water park passes and take care of the six flag tickets. We went to our room to find our toilet was clogged. The water park was nice, however, the lifeguards didn't seem like they wanted to be there and annoyed with questions that were asked. My friend got a small cut on her foot from a piece of glass, they do not allow glass in the water park, so I am still not sure how that happened. We did not report it, because we thought it was a fluke. Our "special surprise" was the milk and cookie option, where we were told we could call when we were ready for the cookies and had a choice of what kind of milk we wanted. We were changing and about to go to the arcade when we got a knock at the door, it was our milk and cookies...we were not ready for them, but not a big deal. The real issue came into play when we went to bed. We used the pull out couch but when I went to look for the extra sheets for the bed, the knobs fell off two of the drawers. I called the front desk and they sent me some. I went to get into my bed and there was hair...inside the bed. I again called the front desk, sheet were sent to our room. My friend went to get into her bed and there was dried blood and her sheet were dirty as well. Our face towels appeared to need a washing as well. I asked to speak with the hotel manager who took 30 minutes to come to our room because they "having a lot of issues that evening" The manager offered us a late check out with a complementary breakfast. He handed me the slip for the breakfast and took it back saying that I had to many people in the room, so I would have to pay for one child. I was offended by this because I told the front desk how many people were going to be staying in our room, in my eyes, it was not my problem I had too many people, and the manager should have handled that on the back end. The quality of the hotel was poor, marks on th walls, the remote to the TV stopped working...just general maintenance didn't seem high on the priority list, although they stated they were closed for a week for just that reason. I think I could have gotten a cleaner room at the motel six! I would check out other options before staying at KeyLime Cove.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, October 1, 2010
Dear NunYa2010,

I sincerely apologize for your family’s experience and would like to thank you very much for your feedback as it has gives us the opportunity to improve. Please trust that all of your concerns have been passed onto the managers involved. KeyLime Cove looks into each and every situation to both address and rectify the issue at hand.

Here at KeyLime Cove we take great pride in our customer service so please trust that these improvements are being made in a timely fashion. Thank for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and we hope you will consider us again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!