“Excellent Trip!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
North Aurora, Illinois
“Excellent Trip!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

We took our almost two year old son here for Valentines Day and loved it! The entire experience was wonderful. The ambiance of the entire hotel makes you feel like you are truly in a tropical location. The staff was amazing. They do so much to include kids of all ages in activities, games and events throughout the day that it doesn't get boring. The toddler area gets very packed. The water in that area is much warmer than the rest of the park so that is where families tend to park it for the day. In that area they have bubblers, little slides and zero entry depth for the little ones. The lazy river's water is colder but a nice and relaxing ride. The hotel was full when we went and did feel a little crowded with people waiting for rafts but never felt uncomfortable. The water slides and play area for the bigger kids is fun with a lot to do. There are water shooters, nets, mazes and lots of various slides. There are changing rooms in the pool area so even after you check out, you can play in the pool and change before leaving. They keep the pool area heated to 84 degrees so even after being wet, you don't feel cold. The room was impeccable. It was clean, well lit, and there was a tropical feel to everything. Food prices and gift shop prices are a bit hefty but there are plenty of food and shopping areas outside of the hotel as well! We are so glad we had this opportunity and will definitely be back!

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Holly W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
amanmiller02,
Wow! Thank you so much for your splash-tacular feedback! It sounds like your family enjoyed your “tropical beach within reach.” We always strive to provide impeccable customer service to our guests, so we certainly appreciate that our staff was “amazing”! Our 65,000 square foot waterpark, Lost Paradise, is always 84 degrees and sunny. We’re glad that your entire family had fun splashin’ with us! Our waterpark has plenty of wild rides and mild fun for KeyLimers of all ages! I will be sure to share your wonderful comments with our housekeeping team regarding the cleanliness and condition of your room. Thank you again, and we certainly hope to see your family very soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Two Rivers, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The hotel is nice - the ambiance gives one the feel that they are in the Caribbean. Rooms are spacious and the beds are comfortable. You get a wrist band that has a chip in it which also is your room key and allows you to charge items to your room so you do not have to carry cash (kids bands do not have this function). The waterpark is great for kids, not much for adults. The wave pool is only 4 feet deep, there is a lazy river, a tiny kids play area, a fort play area with several slides, a small hot tub and pool, and a few larger slides. There is a height requirement for some of the slides in the kids fort area. There is also a huge arcade area and some bowling lanes. There are 2 restaurants and a few food stands, and several gift shops - including a candy counter with some pretty decadent chocolates. Rather expensive however, and the food in the restaurants is mediocre. Right across from Gurnee Mills shopping and Great America, and the hotel has scheduled shuttles to each of these places daily.

Room Tip: Try to get a room with a lower room number as they are closer to the lobby - the hallways are extrem...
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Holly W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 5 days ago
j s,
Thanks so much for splashin’ with us! It sounds like you enjoyed your tropical-themed accommodations and the ease of our Conveniently Cashless Resort. At check-in each guest receives a Smart Band® RFID wristband. The wristband functions as a room key, grants access to the waterpark and also allows charging privileges back to the room with just a swipe of the wrist. Our Lost Paradise Indoor Waterpark has a spa area reserved exclusively for guests over the age of 18. We have other activities for adults, including our Paradise Mist Spa and live entertainment inside The Crazy Toucan Margarita Grill and bar. We recently had to adjust slide height requirements due to a change set by our manufacturer. I will be sure to share your feedback with our food and beverage team as we consistently strive to provide a seamless vacation experience for all guests. We hope to welcome you back to KeyLime Cove in the near future!
NE Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Once again, reading reviews on tripadvisor.com helped me to be prepared for this trip!

Booked the room over the phone and believe me...you're gonna pay for this one! $377.00 for a Saturday overnight for 2 adults and 2 children (same as was listed online). Asked about late check-out...an additional $67.00! Yikes...we were out of our room by 11am, packed our things in the car and kept an outfit with us for the ride home! Want to have some extra guests? 35.00/person!! Holy cow...my daughter and her kids came to join us for a few hours and it was over $100!

Check in was at 4pm but our room was ready when we got there around 11:45am!! What a relief because I had read some bad reviews about check-in! I inquired about a cart to get our luggage to the room and the sweetie at the counter advised me to see the bell men outside. I wish there was an option to use the carts yourself, but boy were we happy to have our bellmen, Matt!! He was the weekend's savior! Super, super nice! He treated us like we had been friends for years! I had bought a car for my grandson and one of the screws got stripped to get the car off the packaging! Met Matt in the elevator and he helped us out!! I don't know what he did, but he saved the day by getting that car loose! Ask for Matt and tip him well...you may be happy you did! Use the bellmen service...WELL worth the cost of a tip!

The park is VERY small and probably needs some updating...as some other reviews stated...we had a couple of injuries to two of our four kids also! Seems that the injuries occurred in the middle play area, possibly they need to resurface, as they all slipped in some manner. As other reviews said, it is VERY hard to find tubes for the wave pool and you are not allowed in without one! Frustrating for sure! They pack a lot into a little area and have just about everything you need, but if you've been to Kalahari...it's about a fourth of that size (or less)! Kids were bored pretty quickly! I'd say the staff was pretty bored too! I had to laugh...most of the employees were yawning too! Everyone of the ¨life-guards¨ that we passed on the ¨Creek¨ were yawning! The employees are very young and not as professional as you would expect. The Dells also has them beat in this area too!

We had a late snack at the concession just outside of the water-park entrance (within the facility). Pretty nasty food and our flip-flops stuck to the floor! I saw many people cleaning up their own areas and NEVER saw anyone cleaning for the hotel!
Actually, the only thing I did see someone doing was vacuuming the areas outside of the elevators!

Our room was just ok, long hair on the floor on the bathroom floor upon arrival. Yuck! Went to make coffee in the morning and there was still coffee in the pot!! Eww! Made me really wonder about the ceramic mugs they provide next to the coffee maker! No thank you! It seemed that there were maid-carts in the hallways until very late, perhaps they need more staff in housekeeping? Definitely not what you would expect for the price!

We went to Keylime Cove because it was so close to home and convenient in that manner. Unless you're getting some amazing deal with a groupon or the like...I, as other reviewers stated...would drive the extra miles to get to the Wisconsin Dells!

Room Tip: Get a room close to the main entrance...you'll put less miles on your feet!
Green Features: Very environmentally friendly! Excellent recycling program!
  • Stayed April 2015, traveled with family
Holly W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
NEIllinoisSexygranny,
We are sorry to hear that your stay at KeyLime Cove was less than splash-tacular. I will be certain to share your feedback with our bellhop team. We’re thrilled that Matt provided exceptional service for your family. We take great pride in our team, and we apologize that we fell short in all other areas. I will also share your feedback with our aquatics team inside our 65,000 square foot waterpark, Lost Paradise. Safety is, and always has been, our #1 priority. We are very surprised that cleanliness was an issue during your stay, as it is taken very seriously at KeyLime Cove. If you would like to send an email to hwest@keylimecove.com, I would be happy to put you in touch with Irene Golub, our Director of Housekeeping.
Thank you for noticing our green initiatives at KeyLime Cove. We are committed to protecting our planet. We give guests the opportunity to re-use their bathroom towels if they wish, specially regulate the water in our waterpark, are diligent about recycling, and more.
We can only hope that you decide to give us another opportunity for a fun-tastic vacation in the future.
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

The first night at the resort was AWFUL for the following reasons (things I paid for that were not functioning): Elevator broken, Safe in Room, TV in room, Public Toilets broken, Restaurant threw away our meal before done, Rude Service, DIRTY!!! One of the rudest staff I ever dealt with.

DG,
We are very sorry to hear about your disappointing stay with us. We always strive to provide splash-tacular customer service for all of our guests, and it sounds like we fell short this time. We are very surprised to hear about the maintenance issues you encountered during your stay. I will be certain to share your feedback with our dining team, as it sounds like the service was unacceptable. We deeply apologize.
I would very much like to put you in touch with Mr. Richard Sasso, our Director of Rooms. Please send an email with your contact information to hwest@keylimecove.com.

We can only hope that you decide to give KeyLime Cove another chance in the future.
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I offered to host a birthday party for a friend and she decided she wanted to come here with a group. I made the reservation three months in advance and they charged my credit card the full amount right away.

In the time between then and when we checked in, my credit card was stolen. That account was closed down and I was issued a new card. When I presented the new card at check in, I was told that it was a big issue that it wasn't the same as the one I used to book with. What if I had used a stolen card to make the reservation, the agent asked me. Somehow no longer having that card was seen as an indication of shady behavior. I then had to pay for the room a second time.

I am trying to get the second charge refunded, but was told that the first account would be refunded. The one that no longer exists. Maybe the bank will send you a check, I was told when I called to ask about it.

It is a lot of hassle and headache for a hotel that is one of the dirtiest and dumpiest I've been too in a long time. I should not have to pay for a room twice simply because my account changed. It is a bizarre and unethical practice. If you like your hotel stays to be simple and headache free, don't go here.

• Stayed April 2015, traveled with friends
Holly W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Er1681,
We are very sorry to hear that your stay at KeyLime Cove was less than splash-tacular. Our policy states that the original credit card must be shown at the time of check in. If the original card is not present, then we will refund that card and a different form of payment must be used at the time of arrival. It is for security purposes to verify the credit card holder’s identity. Our policy is stated in the confirmation email that every guest receives upon booking. While it is extremely unfortunate that your credit card was stolen, we had to refund your card since it was not present at check in. When we issue a credit, it will take 3-5 business days to appear back in your account. If the refund was already sent to your card company, you would have to contact them to check on your refund status. They will place the funds in your new account. If you no longer have an account, you should receive a check from your card company for the amount refunded. In extreme circumstances, KeyLime Cove can also issue a refund through a check. We are very surprised to hear cleanliness was an issue during your stay, as we take great pride in our dedicated housekeeping team. We deeply apologize for the inconvenience and would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you further. If you would please send an email to hwest@keylimecove.com, I will put you in touch with management from the appropriate departments.
We can only hope that you decide to give KeyLime Cove another try in the future.
Maywood, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I didn't know what to expect at Key Lime Cove, but I was blown away upon arrival! Curb-side luggage/bell hop pick-up; Check-in was fast and very easy; The rooms were great with the basic amenities too. The water park was AWESOME! More than enough room for all the guests; water temp was perfect; safety was #1; the food was average, but edible; The drinks (alcohol) were good too! Check-out was as simple as dialing "0" and saying "Checkin-out" this was the BEST aspect of the trip; avoiding the check-out lines! Overall is was a GREAT three-night stay & we'd book again real soon.

Room Tip: WiFi was slow at peak times, but overall it was cool.
Jamie T.,
We’re ecstatic that you were “blown away” by our resort! It sounds like check in and check out were a breeze and you found your tropical-themed accommodations to be comfortable. Our 65,000 square foot waterpark, Lost Paradise, is always 84 degrees and sunny! We’re thrilled your family had an “awesome” time and felt safe in our waterpark! Safety is our #1 priority at KeyLime Cove. I will be sure to share your feedback with our dining team as we continuously strive to improve our services and resort.
Thanks again for splashin’ with us, and we hope to see you again real soon!
Ypsilanti, Michigan
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

When we arrived at the waterpark we had to wait in line for 45 minutes only to find out that our reservations weren't as we expected. I was expecting two rooms for two nights on a special coupon for $129.99. I found out my reservation was only for one room, two nights for 275$ a night! Who knew they would charge 30$ more for each person. After explaining to the manager that there must have been a mix up with my reservation, she said it was nothing she could do but give me a list of other hotels in the area. When I explained that I had not idea of the extra charges, she insisted on listening to the call I made to customer service when I initially made the reservation. The complete reservation process ruined the start of what should have been a great family getaway. The kids ended up having a good time in the waterpark, arcade and the kids center. Keylime Cove should work on their customer service from general manager on down although the baggage help were very friendly.

Hi Candice,
We’re thrilled that your kids had a blast in our Lost Paradise Indoor Waterpark, Leapin’ Lizards Fun-tivities Center, and our RipTide Reef Arcade. We’re sorry to hear that the grown-ups did not have as much fun. We do apologize for the confusion and wait you experienced at check-in. I spoke with our Director of Rooms, Mr. Richard Sasso, and he informed me that you were under the impression that you had booked two rooms for the price you paid. Upon arrival, our front desk lead, Lindsay, reviewed your reservations call to determine whether you had booked one or two rooms. In actuality, you had only booked one room. Unfortunately, we were unable to offer you a second room because we were sold out. We do apologize. I am aware that you were offered a Pack n’Play (a soft playpen for your infant to sleep in) that you were not interested in.
At that point, Tiffany offered to assist you in finding alternate accommodations in Gurnee. It was never our intention to offend you, and we apologize for the confusion.

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!