“Company Christmas Party” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Waukegan, Illinois
“Company Christmas Party”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We recently had our company Christmas party at Key Lime Cove. From the start of the party planning to the night of the event, the KLC event planning staff did a remarkable job. On the night of the party, the banquet manager was not just onsite, but in and around the banquet room throughout the entire evening and did an outstanding job in managing the staff and handling those small issues and concerns that always come up - no matter how much pre-planning you do. The wait staff was very friendly, courteous and helpful. For a party of 180, the food was great and everyone was served as soon as possible. Guests commented that it was the best company party they had attended. Many of the party guests stayed at the resort for the entire weekend to enjoy the amenities and waterpark. I stayed one night and the rooms were clean and very comfortable. We enjoyed our party at KLC so much that we have already booked the banquet space for next year. We are looking forward to working with the sales staff and banquet staff and anticipate another great event.

• Stayed December 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Geneva, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

First, I would like to say that our stay itself was great. The rooms were nice, all the staff was very friendly and it was fun for our group of 12 ranging in age from 5 to 60+. Given the holiday I was more than impressed with how everything was handled during the stay. This was our second visit to Key Lime and based on our stay alone I would give it 5 star rating.
The part that ruined my visit and would keep me from going back is the front desk staff and back office handling the reservation. I made our reservation a month in advance booking four rooms. I was charged for all four and when I went to review all of the confirmation emails about a week before our stay I realized we were missing one. Upon calling I was told only three rooms were booked. Why would we be charged for 4 rooms but only have three booked? In any case they booked us another room and then told us they would still honor the advanced booking rate which I thought should not have had to even been said. I was polite had them rebook and then let it go. We had a great trip and upon receiving our bill at checkout I soon after realized that they had charged us the rate of we agreed upon for our room but given us credit for another room in our party which was lower rate because they were a two person room and had a military discount leaving us with a higher balance to pay at checkout. When I tried to discuss this with the front desk I was there over an hour where upon the front desk person just kept saying that it all evened out and continually offering to print it out in different ways. Well yes of course you can get it to even out, the bill includes the final charge to your credit card and the hotel can say I owe whatever they want on my credit card on the credit side to balance what is owed, but If you took what I was supposed to pay for the room, what I actually paid and then took what my misc charges were it was an easy fix. I offered to leave as I knew they were getting busy with early check-in and left being told they would look into the issue and we would have it resolved. It has now been two weeks and the issue is still not resolved and the person I was working with is now unresponsive to my requests as to the status and I have opened a inquiry through my credit card company. I think you and your family will have a wonderful time during the actual stay but I would caution that you should definitely review any communications prior to your visit and your bill throughly upon check out. I don't think we will be making another visit as this has now soured what would have been a great vacation as a whole. The credit we were entitled to wasn't even that much and didn't take a lot of effort to figure out, but their lack of communication with guests shows they really don't value their guests in the end.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Clean hotel, friendly and helpful staff. Great waterpark for the kids. Excellent supervision and safety standards with attentive life-gaurds. Highly recommended for a nice trip away for a day or two. Six Flags is close by if you visit in the Summer and there is also a local mall for Mamas who like to shop. This is our 6th time at the Cove and we will be back!! Huge thanks to all the staff for a highly enjoyable time. Oh and by the way, my husband and sister loved the barman from the pool area. Chatty, funny and charming they said!

Room Tip: rooms are all spacious. i would recommend a room far away from the main hub of everything so that it...
Green Features: noted recycling garbage outside at the front of the hotel
  • Stayed December 2014, traveled with family
Kaitlyn B, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Janette g,
Thank you for your Splash-tacular review! It sounds like the entire family enjoyed splishin’ and splashin’ inside our waterpark, Lost Paradise. We appreciate that you noticed the high safety standards and attentiveness of our lifeguard staff. The safety of our guests is the staff’s number one priority. We’re thrilled to hear that this has been your 6th visit with us at KeyLime Cove! We hope to see you again soon for more fun in the sun. Have a Key-riffic day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Great mini getaway!!! Kids loved it, we had such a awesome time! My husband and I were able to kick our feet up, while enjoying their delicious drinks and let the kids burn out all that energy!! Big THANK YOU to Timothy Block for making our stay extra special!

• Stayed November 2014
Dear Jessicaishay,
Thank you for your wonderful review! We are glad to hear that your mini vacation was a hit with the entire family. Here at Keylime Cove we have plenty of activities to entertain all ages. It sounds like your Lil’ Limers had a blast in our indoor waterpark, while you enjoyed a few delicious drinks in paradise. We can’t wait to have your family back for more fun. Have a Splash-tacular Day!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I've been here in the past and I loved it! All the staff are very friendly and helpful I'm coming here next weekend and I'm very excited also most places you could smell chlorine but at this place you can't which I love the pizza place right in front of the water park has very nice staff and the pizza was delicious the baggage carriers are very nice and they help us carry our luggage thank you KeyLime Cove for making me and my family and really happy

Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear, Casey C
Wow! What a Splash-tastic review! We are glad to hear that you found our staff to be friendly and accommodating. Here at KeyLime Cove we strive to provide our guests with unbeatable customer service. It sounds like your family really enjoyed our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise. It’s great that you noticed the lack of heavy chlorine odor. On your next visit, we invite you to learn about our state-of-the-art Ozone technology, which allows us to purify our water and air while using fewer chemicals. Ask about our “Behind the Scenes Waterpark Tours” – it’s fun and educational! We can’t wait to have your family back for more fun in the sun! Have a Key-riffic day!
Manteno, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We just got home from an overnight here, the Saturday after Thanksgiving. The waterpark was great for my 7 year old son. When we checked in I asked what the capacity was, they were at 65% but on Sunday they were only at 15%. Even at 65% the waterpark wasn't crowded, lines very reasonable at the slides. While waiting in line at the funnel slide the life guard directing the traffic was texting, just a short text but even so, I was surprised.
The restaurant was okay, they food was comparable to Applebee's. The service was okay, we had a server who was in training so there was a slight delay but nothing awful.
The room seemed okay when we first got there, but after we went to the waterpark and started getting ready for bed I noticed a lime wedge on the floor behind the toilet, a coffee stirrer and a bread tie in the heating vent. It made me feel sick, like how well do they even clean the bedding or shower?!? I had a hard time falling asleep after seeing that. When I mentioned that to the front desk on check out all they said was we'll let house keeping know. That was it.
Overall we had a good time, we paid for late check out and made the most of stay. The arcade was fun, my son had a blast in there. The water park was really big, clean and the life guards were really attentive (besides the one texting). I saw one pluck a small kid out of the lazy river and save him, it was pretty impressive.
We'd go back, but I would check the room cleanliness before I settled in for the night.

• Stayed November 2014, traveled with family
Kaitlyn B, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 2 weeks ago
Dear Kathy R,
Thank you for your review! We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Indoor Water Park, Lost Paradise. As well as our Arcade, Riptide Reef. We are concerned to hear that you witnessed one of our lifeguards texting. I assure you that our lifeguard requirements and policies are very strict and our lifeguards take the responsibility of protecting our guests very seriously. I will bring this to the attention of our Aquatics Director immediately. We apologize for any issues you had with your overnight accommodations. We urge you to contact the front desk immediately if you are ever unhappy with your overnight room. If you aren’t pleased with the cleanliness, we will send our housekeeping staff to rectify any issues immediately. Thank you for taking the time to make us aware of your concerns. We will use your feedback to better serve you in the future. We can’t wait to have your family back for more fun here at KeyLime Cove!
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

We have stayed here many times. This time we upgraded to a suite (lol). It was noisy and the back room was freezing cold. The shower curtain rod was hanging by a single screw and the tub wouldn't drain. Even a blood? smear on the wall. Carpets throughout the hotel looked gross. We were very disappointed with the waterpark and hotel. Manager was told about the issues and only gave us a 50$ credit and told me he was "sticking with that". Really rude guy.

• Stayed November 2014
Dear YvetteKatherine,
Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your experience with us here at KeyLime Cove. If you ever have issues with your overnight accommodations, we urge you to contact a manager immediately. The Director of Guest Services, Richard Sasso would like an opportunity to speak with you regarding your experience. Please email him your contact information at Rsasso@keylimecove.com. We can only hope that you will return to KeyLime Cove for more fun in the sun!

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!