“Great Stay During the Week! Weekends become very full!” 4 of 5 stars

Grandparents Month
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
chicago
“Great Stay During the Week! Weekends become very full!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

This was our first time to Key Lime cove and the property was great very nice and clean. The room was big enough and the games all seemed to work. It was well worth the $11 add on for warm cookies and milk sent to the room. You get a dozen cookies and 4 milks! The only issue was the weekend and at that point the waterpark became very full to the point where it was taking an hour to ride a waterslide.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Naperville, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Just giving a heads up if making any kind of reservation ( Online or by Phone ). If for some reason you need to cancel at any time, you will be charged a cancellation fee. My family was planning on staying there 3 months from now and wanted to plan ahead and make the reservation. What i did not know was that at the time of the reservation, that i would be automatically charged the first nights stay. A little much if you ask me, but i understand and is my fault for not seeing that before i made the reservation. When the charge hit my account 5 minutes later, i realized what happened and cancelled my reservation. My reservation was active for only an hour and keep in mind that i was not staying until 3 months later. Well now a $35 charge hit my account and now they say that they have a cancellation policy listed on their home page that states that any cancellation UP TO 72 hours of arrival will have a cancellation fee applied. Well in their terms and conditions when making the reservation, it states ALL CANCELLATIONS THAT ARE MADE 72 HOURS TO THE ARRIVAL WILL BE CHARGED THE FEE. Funny.....i didnt see the "UP TO" part when i made the reservation and printed out the terms and conditions. Thats because there is no "UP TO" listed there. Makes it sound to me like you have until 72 hours to cancel before you get charged the fee doesn't it? Tricks buisnesses have to get your money it sounds like to me. Well they are not budging and i will plan on staying in WISCONSON DELLS for my childs birthday as they seem to not care to lose any buisness due to a wording error in their part. I even made a phone call to corporate just to explain my situation further and got nothing but a voicemail which is fine. All i asked was to be heard to see what changes can be made, not to cry and yell about it to get my $35 back. Well i never even got 1 phone call back from anybody. Thanks for making my decision for me Key Lime Cove!!!

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear BoShelly,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We sincerely apologize if you were unaware of our cancellation policy. It is stated over the phone as well as online when you make your reservation. It looks like you made your reservation through our online system that states our cancellation policy in the terms and conditions. The exact wording is as follows: “All cancellations that are made 72 hours prior to the arrival date will be charged a $35 cancellation fee. Cancellations made within 72 hours of the arrival date will forfeit first night deposit.” In order for the reservation to come through our system, you do have to select that you agree to those terms. Again, we are sorry if there was any confusion or misunderstanding. We can only hope that you and your family choose to stay with us in the future.

Kindest regards,
KeyLime Cove Management
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

My 4 year old daughter and I stayed at KeyLime Cove the weekend after Labor Day and it was a great time. The water park was perfect for her and I think she'll love coming back for years to come. I was alone with her and was worried about being able to keep track of her in the water park but the design made it very easy, with each area being distinct and contained. The lifeguards were also very attentive and respectful. For full disclosure, it was crowded even on this weekend - which likely wasn't a high volume weekend. We found getting to the water park early was key as it didn't fill up until later in the morning. We had a room on the first floor but around the corner from the main center of activity. It was quiet and comfortable and more than adequate for the limited amount of time we spent in the room. Having everything you need under one roof also made it really easy to just relax and enjoy our time. It ended up being a bit pricey but was worth it for the ability to stay stress free. I agree with other reviewers who suggested bringing your own snacks and your own water, if you prefer bottled. It was expensive to stay hydrated. If I had to suggest somethings to the management of what kept this review a 4 versus a 5, I would say: 1) They should be clear when training staff on the wristbands. I asked on check in to have my wristband tied to my credit card and I assumed it was. When I got to the pool with my daughter and finally convinced her to eat, we ordered our food and then realized my wrist band was in fact not set up. The good news is, the counter help in Sharky's let us have a snack and come back to pay him (which I did and greatly appreciated) and the front desk staff resolved the issue immediately. 2) Cleanliness was only average. There was old toothpaste on the counter in our room (a smear) and then sometimes the waterpark area got a bit messy. Nothing out of control, but I did notice. 3) More healthy food options are really necessary, especially around the pool area and snack bars. It was really difficult to find fruits and vegetables. Overall, though, the staff was great, the accommodations nice and the entertainment unmatched. Good stuff!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Dear fishy100,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic feedback! We are pleased to hear that you found our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise, to be perfect for your Lil’ Limer. It seems like the layout of the different attractions worked very well for your family. As for our lifeguards, they take the responsibility of protecting the safety of our guests very seriously. We appreciate that you found your overnight room to be very quiet and comfortable. It can be very convenient having the waterpark, room and food outlets under one roof, especially now that the temperature outside is dropping. We sincerely apologize for any mishap activating your wristband for open charging at check-in. It seems like our staff was able to correct it for you right away. As for healthier food options, we do have many choices available at our restaurants including yogurt, fruit and salad. Thank you again for sharing your comments on our resort. We hope to have you within our walls of paradise again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

We stayed here a few nights in July and loved it! The room was nice and spacious and clean. The water park was awesome for my 2 year old with the nice kiddie pool and slides. I will definitely be staying there again. It was also right next to Gurnee Mills mall so it was a great location

Stayed July 2014
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 6 days ago
Dear Hannah L,

Thank you for sharing your fun-tastic feedback! We are pleased to hear that you loved your stay with us in paradise. It seems like your overnight room was a perfect fit for your family. Your Lil’ Limer appears to have enjoyed splishin’ and splashin’ around in our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise. We appreciate that found our location to be very convenient and centrally located to local attractions such as Gurnee Mills Mall. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We hope to see you again soon!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Staff is kind. Rooms are clean. Water park is safe. Fun all around. I had four boys 14, 11, 9, 8, and a girl, 5. The drinks were cold and delicious. The kids loved the arcade. We will come back another time to visit Key Lime Cove.

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Laura R,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic comments on our resort! We appreciate that you found our staff to be very kind and friendly. It appears that you felt the resort was very clean. As for our indoor waterpark, our lifeguards take the responsibility of protecting the safety of our guests very seriously. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed some tropical drinks from our restaurants. Our arcade, RipTide Reef, appears to have been a big hit! Thank you again for sharing your comments. Can’t wait to have you and your family back within our walls of paradise again soon!

Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

I stayed Labor Day weekend and the stay was awesome my family had a great time. The rooms were very clean , and the waterpark was very safe and clean as well. The food was awesome and the staff was very friendly and accommodating. I would recommend this hotel for anyone, great time! Definitely will return !!

• Stayed September 2014, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 1 week ago
Dear Shelly H,

Thank you for sharing your fun-tastic recommendation! We are so pleased that you chose our resort for your family getaway. It seems like you found everything to be very clean. As for our waterpark, our lifeguards take the responsibility of protecting the safety of our guests very seriously. Our restaurants appear to have been a big hit! We appreciate that you found our staff to be very friendly and accommodating. Thank you again for sharing your comments. Can’t wait to have you with us in paradise again soon!

See you in the fun-shine!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I stayed the labor day weekend and they was very organized. Everything is always clean. The waterpark was great and safe. I think they dont need to charge for using the lockers but in general is a awesome place to go and spend time with the love ones!!

• Stayed August 2014
Dear Shirley S,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic comments! We appreciate that you found our holiday weekend to be very well organized. It seems like you felt our resort was very clean. Everyone seems to have enjoyed our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise. If you do not wish to utilize a locker, please feel free store your belongings in our bell closet before and after checking in/out of your overnight room. Thank you again for sharing your review with us. We hope to have you and your family within our walls of paradise again soon!

Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!