“Family Experience” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Rockford, Illinois, United States
“Family Experience”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Captain Dave's suite is a great getaway family experience - accommodations are like a home away from home. A great balcony for morning coffee and evening appetizers - and plenty of living space for family activities.

Green Features: Recycling is encouraged and provided for with convenient recycling cntainers.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled with family

870 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

Considering we have always been a Dells family, after our first trip to Key Lime Cove, we probably won't return to the dells. The hotel is very clean and well kept, staff was extremely friendly and the water park was very nice as well! A bit pricey if you eat on site and do the extras, but still considerably less compared to most Dells rip-offs. Perfect size water park especially with smaller children. It was busy, but what can you expect on a weekend during the summer?! I would recommend this place to any of my family or friends. We will definitely be back! Thanks for the great stay!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

The experience was awesome my kids loved it and I'm really looking forward to going back with more family! There was only one place that I felt a little uncomfortable which was the locker room They were very dirty. The showers had hair everywhere the drains were clogged, the mirrors were dirty and towels on the floor!

• Stayed August 2014
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Giselle G,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed staying with us at KeyLime Cove. It seems like your Lil’ Limers had a blast! We sincerely apologize if you were at all unsatisfied with the condition of the locker rooms in the waterpark. Please feel free to inform a crewmember right away so that we can have the area cleaned immediately. We take the cleanliness of our resort very seriously. Thank you again for sharing your review with us. Looking forward to your return trip to paradise with extended family!

Have a fun-tastic day!
Your friends at KeyLime Cove
Chicago
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

First off I booked an overnight stay to have one last family outing before my oldest goes off to school.... So I decided to book the stay online thru keylime cove website and so after booking I called the customer service number twice because after booking over a $300 stay I NEVER received my confirmation email even after calling and checking my spam mail.. Funny thing is I received it after my check in!! So we arrive and everything is ok until we decide to go to the water park. So before going I called the island services not once but twice to ask how much a locker was and if I can charge to my room considering I out a $150 hold on my card so I can charge directly to my room right??? Well long behold after getting ready and getting 3 kids ready we arrive to the park and as I try to use my bracelet it says not available ok no problem right? Wrong I go to the service desk and I ask the girl can I charge to my room she says no! Cash only so I tell her I called and she with a snobbish attitude says cash only so ok as to not get upset in front of my kids or the other families there I agree to now go back to my room and get my credit card and proceed to one of the TWO ATMs in the hotel the closest one was out of service so now I had to lug all 3 kids to the first floor where that ATM would not read my card so I go to the front desk and the girl tells me they do accept credit cards at island services!!!! I go back down and ask the girl do do you accept credit cards and mind you it's the same freaking girl and she says yes we do I just need to authorize your band!!! What the hell is the point of authorizing money on my card so I don't need to carry cash or credit so I can easily swipe my band and yet can't use the dam band to so anything except gain access to my room??? Then also my son lost his bracelet and he's 3 so I go to front desk where the girl tells me it's a $40 fee to replace the bracelet!! I'm like wait it's a band not a key, nor is it the ones an adult uses so you want to charge me $40 to replace a piece if plastic that does absolutely nothing except let you stay In a hotel !!! ABSOLUTELY RUDICULOUS!!!!

• Stayed August 2014
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Kindheart625,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We sincerely apologize if your stay with us fell below your expectations. Our confirmation emails are system generated between the hours of 1pm and 5pm. So if you booked your stay the night before or the morning of your date of stay it is possible that you wouldn’t receive the confirmation email until after you’ve already arrived. However, we are pleased to hear that our reservation department was able to confirm your stay with us over the phone. As for our wristband technology, guests do have the ability to charge lockers back to their overnight rooms through opening charging. We’re not sure where the confusion occurred regarding purchasing a locker but we sincerely apologize for any inconvenience experienced by your family. We have forwarded your concerns to our Director of Aquatics for review. We do charge a fee of $30 plus tax for replacement wristbands as there is no way for us to verify whether or not the guest was included in the original reservation or if they are an additional guest. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We strive to exceed all of our guest’s expectations and it seems that we failed to do so with your family. We can only hope that you would consider staying with us again so that we can improve upon your first impression of our resort.

Kindest regards,
KeyLime Cove Management
Grand Rapids, Michigan
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

Where shall I begin. I brought my family from Michigan for a weekend getaway. I read a lot of reviews regarding Key Lime Cove. Some good and some bad, so I decided to give them a shot. Boy oh boy was this a huge mistake. Number one this place is a DUMP and OVER PRICED. For $300 dollars I was expecting a treat from heaven however, What I got was a disaster from hell. Number two the resort was extremely crowded as we entered the front doors. Once I walked into the room I could have started laughing, because this had to be a joke. Room smelled like wet dog, carpet was dirty, doors and blinds were discussing, the bed was about to fall apart when we sat down, and the worst park full size bed a two small pillows with blankets that looked like they were bought from a clown store. So I politely asked for an upgrade and was told they were sold out. But was given another room which was no better than the first one. Now to the water park. It was HOT, DO YOU HERE ME HOT. Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought this was a kid friendly resort. Well the adults sitting around the pool drinking like they're at a club. Children running around without adult supervision. Not to mention a couple of adults getting TOO CLOSE on the lazy river. But the final straw was when the refrigerator in the room didn't work while my infant son breast milk was in there. And not to mention where in the world is the microwave. In all I will never return. Great Wolf Lodge is 100 times better. #wontgetmymoneyagain

Stayed August 2014, traveled with family
Dear lakerbassfan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We sincerely apologize if you were at all unsatisfied with the condition of your overnight room. We appreciate that you allowed our front desk the opportunity to address your concerns by offering to move you to a different room. As for the temperature within the waterpark, it is maintained within one degree of 86°. We have several temperature gauges on display for guests throughout the waterpark that show the current air and water temperatures. We are completely taken aback by your comments regarding our indoor waterpark. Our Director of Aquatics, Anthony Pollack, would appreciate the opportunity to address your concerns. If you wouldn’t mind, please send your contact information to dwarren@keylimecove.com. Thank you again for sharing your concerns with us. We hope to hear from you soon.

Kindest regards,
KeyLime Cove Management
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

Not as many slides in the waterpark as hotels in WI dells and more expensive. The stay does not include any food or beverage credit so everything is extra. But it is close to Six Flags and the other activities were fun so it was good.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW via mobile

It's a great place for kids of all ages. We loved seeing our 2 year old take to the water and go down the slides. The food was ok- but you're not there to eat. We plan to go back for sure! The make up at the kid spa is probably not worth the money- my girls took it off right away.

• Stayed August 2014

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!