“Wonderful place for kids” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersGold level
“Wonderful place for kids”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We visited here for two nights. We had a great time. Check in took a bit but the staff was friendly and the the process smooth. The room was clean and as expected. The waterpark is great! There are three tube slides and two body slides - all fun and our 12 and 8 year olds enjoyed them all. The wave pool is small but fun. The waterpark is clean - my one complaint is the tubes. They are all over the place - someone should be tasked with keeping things organized. They are also in inconvenient places for the slides. The arcade is a blast and also well kept. Overall, we really enjoyed the resort and will definitely be back!

Stayed July 2014

833 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Janesville, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

We booked a room here because we were getting a good deal through our daughters softball team. When I called to make the reservation I requested Saturday night. That was fine, I received a confirmation e-mail with that date. A week before our trip we decided we wanted to stay Friday night as well. When I called to see if we could get a room, I was told we could no longer get the cheaper rate. It was also confirmed then that our reservation was Saturday night only. We booked another hotel for Friday. When we arrived on Saturday to check in I was told our reservation was for Saturday and Sunday night and the only way we could get the cheaper rate was if we booked two nights. This was never mentioned either time I spoke to the reservation person. I showed the desk person and the manager the confirmation e-mail stating our reservation was just Saturday they said it didn't matter and if we wanted the room for one night we would not get the cheaper rate. Since we had no place else to stay and the rest of my daughters team was staying there we just paid for the extra night even though it meant we were very short of money for the rest of the weekend. The manager was very rude the desk clerk was clueless and we felt very ripped off and disappointed at a weekend that was supposed to be fun for the family. I would stay at this place again and I would suggest anyone that does to keep their confirmation e-mails even though it did no good for us. We feel very ripped off and cheated. Horrible weekend!

Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 2 days ago
Our 119Jack,

Thank you for sharing your concerns with us. We are very sorry to hear that you and your family had so much trouble checking into our resort. Our Reservations Manager, Michelle Warren, would appreciate the opportunity to speak with you directly regarding your concerns. If you wouldn’t mind, please send your contact information to dwarren@keylimecove.com. We hope to hear from you soon.

Evanston, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

We stayed one night with our two girls - 10 and 8 year olds. They had fun. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms met our needs. We had wifi in our rooms although it at times was very slow. It was nice that we had a refrigerator. I liked that KLC has a system where everything works off of your wristband - unlocking your room door, paying for meals, buying knick knacks from the convenience store, unlocking your locker. It's very convenient to not worry about keeping track of a room key card, locker key or your credit card while in the waterpark.

On the flip side, I think waterpark could be cleaner. The pool with the basketball hoops looked really cloudy and there was hair floating in it. Kinda disgusting.

Not as big as the water parks in the Dells but very close to Chicago. That's probably KLC's main selling point.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 3 days ago
Dear Lisa Y,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We are pleased to hear that your daughters had fun staying with us at KeyLime Cove. It seems like you found our beds to be very comfortable. We appreciate that you enjoyed the amenities included in the room. Our wristband technology appears to have been a big hit! As for the cleanliness in our waterpark, we actually use Ozone technology to clean the water in our pools. Ozone is 200 times stronger than chlorine and destroys 99.9% of bacteria, viruses, spores, fungus and mold on contact. We can assure you that the water within our waterpark is some of the cleanest water you can swim in anywhere on Earth. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We hope to have you within our walls of paradise again soon!

Have a splash-tastic day!
Chicago,IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

We took our daughter, ages 6 & 2, here. We had a blast! There was so much to do for all of us at the watermark. My girls enjoyed the kid activities, crafts and cookie decorating. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The food prices in the restaurants were very reasonable. We will definitely return.

Stayed July 2014
Dear jjrugs88,

Wow, what a fun-tastic review! Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had a blast staying with us at KeyLime Cove. It appears that everyone was able to find an attraction within the waterpark that they enjoyed. It seems like your Lil’ Limers had fun in our arts and crafts activity center, Leapin’ Lizards. As for your overnight room, we are pleased to hear that you found it to be very clean and comfortable. Thank you again for sharing your comments. We hope to see you and your family again soon!

Have a splash-tastic day!
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

My wife found a coupon deal for this place so she decided we were going to take the 10yr gandbaby there for here birthday with her friend. It was an overnight adventure and fun times were had by all. It's not a huge indoor water park but the accommodations and other attractions make up for it. You would think that the in house cafes and restaurants would be expensive because you are captive audience, but they are not and have good food and generous with the potions. The craft area for the kids was fantastic and not your run of the mill painted ashtray place I was tempted to participate. Would I go again.... Yes!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Dear Jim T,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic comments! We are honored that you chose our resort to celebrate your granddaughter’s birthday. It seems like everyone had fun staying with us in paradise. We appreciate that you found our restaurants to be reasonably priced and have generous portions. Our arts and crafts activity center, Leapin’ Lizards, appears to have been a big hit! Thank you again for sharing your feedback. Can’t wait to have you within our walls of paradise again soon!

See you in the fun-shine!
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This property could be perfect. They have all the bells and whistles. Except they advertise that each room has Wifi which is NOT the case. In this day and age it is not acceptable to not have internet in the room. Especially when you advertise as such. Many many people rely on the web for their job skills. I pick hotels based on that fact. I am hoping the Hampton Inn next door has room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Dear denise b,

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are pleased to hear that you were overall impressed with our resort and amenities. We are very sorry to hear that you had trouble connecting to our complimentary guest wifi. It could have been a number of factors including the firewall on your computer. Please feel free to ask the front desk for assistance if you are ever having trouble connecting. They can help provide a few tips that could solve the issue. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. We can only hope that you and your family chose to stay with us again in the future.

Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago NEW via mobile

First-I was told no smoking in room and I was ok with that until I entered my room, The Smell Of Smoke Was so Strong in My Room, Smelled Like Someone Was in The Room Smoking Rite Before I Opened The Door
Second-I called n made my reservation n ased if I cld bring a float device for my son n was told yes, so ok I paid $160 for the day entered thepool area n was stopped by the lifegaurd n was told I was not allowed to bring any float device All...
Managment Did Nothing To Make me As A "Guest" Happy At All!!!!!
Will Never Step Foot At This Place Again..Nor Will My Coworkers That Told Me About This Place!!

• Stayed July 2014
Dear carter197,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your daycation with us at KeyLime Cove. We do charge a $300 fee for smoking within our overnight rooms or on the patios/balconies. If your room ever smells like smoke, please feel free to request a room move so that we can have someone from our housekeeping team clean the room right away. When you made your reservation through our call center, the agent explained to you that any floatation device brought into the waterpark has to be coastguard approved. We even pulled the recorded phone call from our reservations department and verified that you were informed of this policy when you booked your stay. To protect the safety of our guests, our lifeguards strictly enforce this rule. We can only hope that you understand the reasoning behind this policy. Thank you again for sharing your comments on our resort.

KeyLime Cove Management

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!