“Average stay - Could improve cleanliness in waterpark” 3 of 5 stars

Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersGold level
Evanston, Illinois
“Average stay - Could improve cleanliness in waterpark”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed yesterday NEW

We stayed one night with our two girls - 10 and 8 year olds. They had fun. The beds were very comfortable and the rooms met our needs. We had wifi in our rooms although it at times was very slow. It was nice that we had a refrigerator. I liked that KLC has a system where everything works off of your wristband - unlocking your room door, paying for meals, buying knick knacks from the convenience store, unlocking your locker. It's very convenient to not worry about keeping track of a room key card, locker key or your credit card while in the waterpark.

On the flip side, I think waterpark could be cleaner. The pool with the basketball hoops looked really cloudy and there was hair floating in it. Kinda disgusting.

Not as big as the water parks in the Dells but very close to Chicago. That's probably KLC's main selling point.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled with family

831 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Chicago,IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 days ago NEW

We took our daughter, ages 6 & 2, here. We had a blast! There was so much to do for all of us at the watermark. My girls enjoyed the kid activities, crafts and cookie decorating. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. The food prices in the restaurants were very reasonable. We will definitely return.

Stayed July 2014
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

My wife found a coupon deal for this place so she decided we were going to take the 10yr gandbaby there for here birthday with her friend. It was an overnight adventure and fun times were had by all. It's not a huge indoor water park but the accommodations and other attractions make up for it. You would think that the in house cafes and restaurants would be expensive because you are captive audience, but they are not and have good food and generous with the potions. The craft area for the kids was fantastic and not your run of the mill painted ashtray place I was tempted to participate. Would I go again.... Yes!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 days ago NEW

This property could be perfect. They have all the bells and whistles. Except they advertise that each room has Wifi which is NOT the case. In this day and age it is not acceptable to not have internet in the room. Especially when you advertise as such. Many many people rely on the web for their job skills. I pick hotels based on that fact. I am hoping the Hampton Inn next door has room.

Stayed July 2014, traveled with friends
Chicago
1 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW via mobile

First-I was told no smoking in room and I was ok with that until I entered my room, The Smell Of Smoke Was so Strong in My Room, Smelled Like Someone Was in The Room Smoking Rite Before I Opened The Door
Second-I called n made my reservation n ased if I cld bring a float device for my son n was told yes, so ok I paid $160 for the day entered thepool area n was stopped by the lifegaurd n was told I was not allowed to bring any float device All...
Managment Did Nothing To Make me As A "Guest" Happy At All!!!!!
Will Never Step Foot At This Place Again..Nor Will My Coworkers That Told Me About This Place!!

• Stayed July 2014
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW via mobile

Stayed a Tuesday and Wednesday, had no wait checking in, did the six flags package, came with my 16 yr old daughter and her friend, they really liked it, said reminded them of Florida. Rooms where nice and slept really good. Read some of the bad reviews before coming here and not too sure they where talking about same hotel because it was really nice and will be coming back.

• Stayed July 2014
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, 4 days ago
Dear JGL1969,

Thank you for sharing your fun-tastic comments on your recent stay with us! We are pleased to hear that your check-in process was quick and easy. It seems like your daughter and her friend really enjoyed the tropical décor. Everyone seems to have had a very peaceful nights rest. We hope you took advantage of our shuttle service that escorts guests to and from Six Flags Great America and Gurnee Mills Mall. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. Can’t wait to have you back within our walls of paradise again soon!

Have a splash-tastic day!
Your friends at KeyLime Cove
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 6 days ago NEW

This place is due for some updates. Room needs new information book the one in my room was falling apart. In the Bathroom a piece of metal was hanging off the wall. I like to open a window to allow a breeze to come in but the windows in the room did not open. I wish the room had a Blu ray player.

At check-in I was greeted by a lovely agent and she offered to check us in early for a fee. We agreed because we wanted to drop off our items. I did notice a room with balconies , I wish the agent would of offered a upgrade I would of loved a balcony. Other than that check in was great.

I will look into a winter escape to Keylime Cove but I will bring a Blu ray player next time.

Room Tip: Bring own shampoo and conditioner the smell of chlorine will stay with you for days
Green Features: they had fun activities for the family. the drivers to six flags are very friendly and helpful.
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled with family
Dear AldayFamily,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on your stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you found our front desk agent to be very friendly. We are sorry to hear that your overnight room fell below your initial expectations. The information books are replaced on a continuous basis, depending on wear and tear and as information is updated. Please feel free to contact our front desk staff to have a new book sent to your room if you feel that the one you have needs to be replaced. If there is ever a maintenance issue in your room, please inform a crewmember immediately so that we may correct the issue right away. We strive to addresses any concerns/issues that may arise as soon as possible. If you are ever interested in upgrading your room, feel free to ask the front desk upon arrival about pricing and availability. Thank you again for sharing your comments with us. We hope to have you and your family with us in paradise again soon!

Kindest regards,
Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!