“Staycation” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“Staycation”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

We just came home from our staycation today and we loved it so much that I felt I needed to write a review immediately!!! The location is awesome (right off the expressway, near tons of restaurants, and other exciting family locations too!). We were so impressed by the cleanliness of the hotel and water park, the staff was very friendly and the waterpark guards were exceptional!!!

There are a couple of things that could be a little bit better but still by NO means were they deal breakers! 1.) The traffic in the little limers area could be better regulated, there were plenty of adults just hanging out in the pool and also there were kids in there that were WAY to big. They could implement an age limit of maybe three or five 2.) They don't let you take the pool towels out of the waterpark, I guess this isn't a huge deal but when you have little kids, this means that you have to stop playing sooner so that you can dry off before leaving so that walking through the halls you don't freeze. 3.) This I know won't change but the bridge that is similar to a real bridge (moveable) I could do without that as well, I felt like everytime I walked across there either my feet would get pinched or I was going to twist my ankle. 4.) There needs to be microwaves in every room or it should be an option.

Now on to the amazing things! Everything on your wrist band! That's right no need to worry about losing your money, wallet or room key because the wrist band (adults only) has a computer chip in it!! The locker rooms are very clean and they actually provide decent soap! They have kid sized toilets/sinks on all levels (major plus if you have a newly potty trained kiddo!). They have awesome activities for the kids (not sure if it is extra cost but would be worth it if it was). The lifegaurds are VERY attentive to the children, I myself saw them jump in a couple of times to help children that were left unattended in the pools. Also when I brought a concern up to one of the head waterpark personnel they followed through with my concern and didn't just dismiss it. Lastly they have signs everywhere that say quiet hours are 11p-8a this is a big deal if you've ever stayed somewhere that is family friendly you know that people allow their children to run wild non stop so it was great that this rule was enforced and noted!

I cannot comment on the arcade other than it looked clean and fun (We went to Chuck E Cheese instead more bang for the buck with 4 kids!) We also did not eat there at all, we brought our own food for breakfast and lunch then ate out for dinner. There are PLENTY of restaurants in the area to choose from (Culvers, Golden Corral, Fridays, Chiptole, Wendys, McDonalds, Chilis, Starbucks, etc). We have been to the Dells twice and we would choose Key Lime Cove over it next time!

Room Tip: We stayed in a double queen which was perfect for our family of 6 (it faced courtyard and was near e...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, May 2, 2014
Dear Stephani S,

Wow, what a fun-TUBE-ulous review! Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are thrilled to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us in paradise. Our location is very easy to locate, right off the tollway, and is relatively close to Six Flags Great America and Gurnee Mills Mall. We appreciate that you found our resort to be very clean and our staff to be friendly. As for our lifeguards, they take the responsibility of protecting the safety of our guests very seriously. We do supply pool towels but they must remain in the waterpark. Our suggestion would be to bring a beach towel or a cover up to walk to and from your overnight room. It seems like our wristband technology was a big hit! Not only does your wristband act as your room key and gain you access into our indoor waterpark but it can also be used to make purchases around the resort. Thank you again for sharing your recommendation of our resort. We are looking forward to your next trip to paradise!

870 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Beecher, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Took our 8 year old grandson for a spring break surprise. Arrived on Friday 4/25/14 at 3pm and our room was ready even though check in wasn't until 4pm-great- as we were able to put things in our room, settle in and get ready for the pool! Temperature in the watermark was balmy-perfect for enjoying the water and running around wet. Played for several hours, ordered a pizza from the concession stand-only took 10 minutes- and went back to our room to eat. Off to the watermark again and the arcade before retiring about 10pm-what an enjoyable day! The next morning, waterpark didn't open until 9am-our boy was anxiously waiting for it to open. We played again in the arcade until it opened, but only had an hour to enjoy as we had to leave for is baseball game. Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Resort very clean, employees around keeping it tidy throughout our stay. Waterpark can be enjoyed by all ages -more than enough amenities for the very young to old! Seating can be an issue at times, would suggest getting a place early on . Would also go next time where we would be able to enjoy the 2nd day of park for more hours as one can stay the whole next day at the park-much better value to do so!

Room Tip: We stayed on the first floor-Key Largo hall (Key West hall nearby also) which is the same level as t...
Dear barbj97,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic review! We are thrilled to hear that your grandson loved his surprise trip to our resort. It seems like you were pleased to gain access to your overnight room earlier than the standard check-in time so that you could unpack and head to the waterpark. We appreciate that you found the air and water temperature very comfortable. Hopefully, you enjoyed the pizza you ordered from our food outlet, Anna Chovy’s, before heading back to the arcade and waterpark for more fun. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. Looking forward to having you and your family within our walls of paradise again soon!

Have a FUN-tastic day!
Campinas, SP
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

It hurts me to write this review, since I always choose to stay at the waterpark with my toddler to enjoy not only activities but it places us close to family when we go into town. However this was the worst experience, especially when this time I travelled internationally with expectations of having a smooth and fun stay.

The attention before arriving I thought was off to great start, I chose to pay an extra night to absolutely guarantee we would have a room by 8am, after arriving from an agonizing long international trip of 12 hours! I received a call from the manager the night before confirming if I was still checking in to the hotel(which was perfect since I was at the airport beginning my trip). I explained that I paid that nights stay to guarantee I would have a room when we arrived. I had the reassurance that she would note the account to ensure smooth sailing. Great, right? Sure. We arrived around 8:30am to find out that no room was ready...EVEN AFTER I HAD PAID! and then they proceeded to give me a room that was not what I had booked!!! I asked to speak to the manager and she was right next to the fellow checking me in. So I moved positions to her slot and she proceeded to take the next person in line and left me hanging! The nerve. Finally after patiently waiting for her to clear the other guest, she worked with fellow checking me in and once they found something to our satisfaction, they informed that it would take yet another 45 minutes to get that room ready.

After all the this turmoil and a toddler and husband who just wanted to go to the room and sleep, the manager NOT once acknowledge or apologized for the mishap. You would have thought she could have offered at least a coupon for the arcade or something for the hubby during the wait!

Once we got into the room, it turned out to be smaller (King statesman Spa)than the room from my previous stays, I called the manager and mentioned I was willing to pay something reasonable to upgrade to something more spacious, she didn't work with me and mentioned nothing was available, 3 hours later she said something came through but it was in another wing...come on! I asked if the room next door(mangrove) would be an option, again hesitated and finally she made it work after a 5 minute, very professional discourse, on how unhappy I was...but of course I paid an extra arm and a leg to make my stay much better(without the aid of the manager in charge).

Now I'm planning another trip to visit family and I thinking twice of even considering staying there.

Room Tip: Don't get the King Stateroom Spa...not worth the value.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 30, 2014
Dear 337TripC,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us. We are very sorry to hear about your recent experience at our resort. We strive to exceed the expectations of all of our guests and it seems that we failed to do so with your family. There are a number of possibilities as to why the room type you reserved for was unavailable when you arrived to check-in. One possibility is that your reservation might have been considered a “no show”. Typically, if a guest hasn’t arrived by midnight their reservation is marked as a “no show” and the room is released to the public. Once the manager looked into your reservation, they were finally able to accommodate your family in what appears to have been the only available room type, our King Spa Stateroom. Our King Spa Stateroom is considered a suite and has one king sized bed and a whirlpool jacuzzi tub in the room. At your request of a larger room, the manager contacted you back as soon as one became available with the option to upgrade to our One Bedroom Mangrove Suite that has two queen sized beds and a sliding door that separates the living room area. We sincerely apologize for all of the initial trouble checking into our resort. We do hope the rest of your stay went much smoother after you were settled in. Thank you again for sharing your comments. We can only hope that you and your family would consider staying with us again in the future.

Kindest regards,
KeyLime Cove Management
Glendale Heights, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 27, 2014

We have visited the resort every spring break for 3yrs straight. We love it. This year I made a small special request for my son, who has autism, and the staff went above and beyond for him. He felt so special and excited. It is a real treat for all kids and adults. Thanx KeyLime!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 28, 2014
Dear Kristal S,

Wow, what a FUN-tastic review! Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments with us. We are honored that your family chooses our resort each year for your spring break getaway destination. We appreciate that you gave us the opportunity to make our son’s stay memorable. It seems like everyone very much enjoyed staying with us in paradise. Thank you again for sharing your feedback. See you again next year!

Have a splash-tastic day!
Wheaton, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Got a Groupon deal, so I decided to take my daughter and her friend for a spring break getaway. They loved it!! Check in was fast the staff were nice. After checking out you can stay and swim the whole day.

Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 29, 2014
Dear GinGin376,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic review with us! We are thrilled to hear that your daughter and her friend loved their stay with us in paradise. It seems like you found the check-in process to be a breeze and our staff to be very friendly. Guests are allowed to use the waterpark as early as 1pm the day of check-in and all day the day of check-out. Thank you again for sharing your comments. We hope to have you within our walls of paradise again soon!

wilmot, wi
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

The hotel itself is clean and bright. The water park is clean and offers something for all ages. Our kids are 6 & 4 and they both found something different they liked best. We were there during spring break so it was crazy crowded but we still managed to have fun. They have a large game room and many other activities to keep kids busy outside of the water park.
I made the reservations online and when we got there I was told there would be an additional charge of $60. I'm still not sure what that was all about, but at that point, after waiting over a half hour just to check in, I'm not proud to say I was willing to pay it just to get to our room. (The check-in line was ridiculous. Not sure how you could avoid it.)
We ate breakfast Saturday morning at DW Andersons and were disappointed to find only a buffet available. The food was good, but too expensive to pay for little kids who don't eat much. My advice is to bring some easy breakfast snacks from home and keep them in the fridge in the room (if needed).

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear dolly2377,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic review on our resort! We are thrilled to hear that you and your family had fun during your stay. It seems like your Lil’ Limers were both able to find an activity that they enjoyed. We do have several outlets within the resort designed to break up the waterpark including our arcade, children’s spa and our arts and crafts activity center. The additional fee you paid at check-in was most likely for any additional guests you might have brought with you. We do charge $30 plus tax per person in the room over the base occupancy of two. During higher occupancy days, we have our sit-down restaurant, D.W. Anderson’s, open for a breakfast buffet but we also have our sweet shop, Island Temptations, open for quick items such as coffee, cereal, bagels, muffins, yogurt etc. Thank you again for sharing your feedback with us. We hope to have you and your family within our walls of paradise again soon!

Have a fun-tastic day!
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed at Key Lime Cove for a quick spring break trip with our two children. Most of the reviews that I read were positive, as well as had friends and family speak highly of their own experience. We had planned to stay overnight, which was the perfect amount of time. The rooms are large, with plenty of space to stretch out, unpack, and get a good night's rest. The resort itself is extremely clean, and the staff was very friendly/helpful. The swim area was incredibly clean - no overflowing trash cans, nothing strange floating in any of the pools. We had plenty of time to enjoy the different water slides, lazy river, and wave pool. When we were finished swimming, we were able to enjoy the arcade into the evening. There were plenty of other areas that we didn't get to experience due to our short stay. We would definitely go back as a family if we wanted a quick getaway. Also, it is conveniently located to Six Flags Great America, plenty of choice restaurants nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Sarah V,

Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic feedback! We are happy to hear that you and your family enjoyed your spring break getaway to KeyLime Cove. It seems like you found your overnight room to be very spacious. We appreciate that you found everything to be very clean and our staff to be friendly. Everyone appears to have had plenty of time to splash around in our indoor waterpark, Lost Paradise. Our arcade, RipTide Reef, also seems to have been a big hit! Thank you again for sharing your comments. We look forward to having you within our walls of paradise again soon!

Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!