“Amazing day at Key Lime Cove!” 5 of 5 stars

Cinco De Mayo Fiesta
Ranked #3 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
vernon hills, IL
“Amazing day at Key Lime Cove!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We went to Key Lime Cove as a Christmas present for my sons, 9 and 12. The four of us had an amazing time there. The hotel was clean, and bright. The pool was clean, warm, and the towels were a decent size and fresh. The water slides were so much fun and even thought it was winter break, there wasn't a long wait. Each of the lifeguards and attendants were polite and friendly. We found plenty to do for hours at the pool. The drinks were delicious too!
After the pool, we spent an hour at the arcade. Now, we've been to tons of arcades, but this was by far all of our favorite. The room is large, clean, and all the machines were working. There were plenty of ticket counters so we didn't have to wait long. They have a huge variety of games and many games that we had never seen. My sons and I loved the life size connect four and the humongous fruit ninja. We had a blast! Also, the employees behind the redemption counter could not have been friendlier or more patient. What a refreshing change from chuckecheese.
Overall, we can't wait to go back there!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, January 15, 2013
Dear my3boys00,
Thank you for the splash-tastic review! We are thrilled to hear how much you and your family enjoyed staying with us in paradise. It seems that everyone really enjoyed the waterpark including the fresh towels, the slides and the fact that the lines moved relatively fast. Our entire staff, including the lifeguards, strive to go above and beyond to ensure that every guest enjoys their stay. As for RipTide Reef, we are honored to be your family’s new favorite arcade. As you stated in your review, the arcade is quite large with tons of games for all ages to enjoy. We are pleased to hear that you found our staff operating the redemption counter in the arcade to be patient and friendly. We can’t wait to have you and your family stay with us again soon!
Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (257)
Niles, Michigan
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

I have stayed here several times in the last three years and enjoy coming here very much with friends or family. Rooms are decently sized and have a refrigerator, but typically aren't very quiet due to the number of children running up and down the halls (expected).

The ability to buy discount tickets to Great America, take a free shuttle back and forth to the park and spend time in the hotel's water park if the weather isn't cooperating for Great America activities is great. We always have fun at the arcade and the food prices in their restaurants are a pretty good value for a hotel.

I'll be back again soon.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Dear SunnyTrvLvr,
Fun-tube-ulous! What a wonderful review! Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We are honored that you enjoy visiting our resort so much whether it’s with family or friends. It seems that you enjoy the size and some of the amenities included in the overnight rooms, such as a refrigerator. We are pleased to hear that you take advantage of our reduced tickets to Six Flags Great America and free shuttle service that takes guests to and from the park. The arcade and food prices also seem to be a big hit with you and your family/friends when you stay with us. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we are looking forward to having you with us again.
Have a splash-tastic day!
Lombard, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

Our family of 19 (10 adults and 9 children) thoroughly enjoyed our mini vacation at Key Lime Cove Resort and Water Park this past weekend. We had children aged 4 months through 6 years old and the water park was a big hit for all! The temperature in the water park and in the water itself was just perfect - not one pool, or any area in the park was cold, not even for the little 4 month old. There were plentiful slides for the young ones, exciting water slides and play park for the older children, and everyone - young children and adults of all ages - enjoyed the lazy river experience too. The adults had a blast on the water slides, body slide, vortex slide and the delightful hot tub. There was virtually no waiting time for anything in the whole water park. Everything was clean, the staff was helpful and courteous and the patrons were great too. Plenty of lifeguards to help keep everyone safe. The older children enjoyed the arcade - fun games for young children. "Leapin Lizards" Craft area was a blast for our children from 2-6 years old - they loved it! The resort staff was wonderful and accommodating for all of our needs. They booked all 5 rooms next to each other and we were able to register so quickly, had plentiful towels for multiple visits to the water park, and the staff even found a pair of jeans one of our family members had forgotten - called us and then shipped them to us within 24 hours! If that's not service, what is?! We ordered out because we heard the food wasn't that great - Giordanos Pizza is really close and has awesome pizza to please any family. The rooms were super clean, comfortable beds, and well stocked bathrooms. We were so happy to check in early - they were ready for us at 1:00, even though check-in is not officially until 4:00. This gave us extra hours to enjoy. Then, once we checked out the next morning, we were able to use the water park all that day too - how delightful that was for us. We highly recommend this top notch Water Park and Resort to all families - Enjoy! You will have a fabulous time.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear Barbara A,
Thank you so much for sharing your splash-tastic comments! We are so happy to hear how much everyone in your party enjoyed staying with us. It seems that everyone really loved our waterpark, Lost Paradise, from the 84° air and water temperature to the many different attractions such as the lazy river and waterslides for every age. The lifeguards in the waterpark try to keep the lines move quickly on the slides for guests and they take the responsibility of ensuring everyone’s safety very seriously. We’re pleased to hear that the children enjoyed the arcade and our arts and crafts activity center, Leapin’ Lizards. As for your overnight room, our housekeeping staff works in conjunction with the front desk to try to get our guests into their rooms as soon as possible. We are thrilled to have been able to accommodate your family with an early check in and that we were able to fulfill your request to have the rooms next to each other. Any items left behind that are found by housekeeping are recorded and sent back to the owners as soon as possible. With several food outlets in property we believe that just about every guest would easily be able to find something delicious to eat or snack on without ever having to leave the resort. Thank you again for sharing your wonderful feedback on our resort. We hope to see you and your fun-tastic family in paradise with us again soon!
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

KeyLime Cove is an excellent small waterpark and quality hotel, and our boys (8 and 5) had a great time. We checked in around 2 on a Friday and our room was ready; spent the rest of the day at the waterpark. They have one great tube slide, the Vortex (which our 5 year old was not tall enough for yet), two other tube slides, and two body slides. There was a lazy river with wave pool, a multi-story splash playground with smaller body slides, a basketball pool, a kiddie area with small slides and a hot tub. All in all, we thought the waterpark had more activities than Timber Ridge, was clean and not overcrowded, and my wife appreciated that the air and water temperature were consistently warm. We were also impressed by the lifeguard staff, which seemed well-trained and was vigilant without being intrusive.

The hotel itself was very clean, the staff was friendly and everyone seemed to be having a good time. We had a pizza for dinner by the pool, and did the breakfast buffet at DW Anderson's, which was quite good. KeyLime Cove has become our new favorite waterpark hotel, and we will be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, January 8, 2013
Dear ChiLawyer,
Wow, what a fun-tastic review! Thank you for sharing your wonderful comments about your stay with us in paradise. We are thrilled to hear how much you enjoyed everything about your stay from the waterpark to the cleanliness of the resort and the friendliness of the staff. It seems that everyone especially enjoyed the different areas and slides in the waterpark. Our lifeguards take their responsibilities very seriously when it comes to the safety of our guests. Hopefully you took advantage of our behind the scenes waterpark tour that demonstrates how our waterpark operates and maintains our 84°degree air and water temperature. As for your meals, we are pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed the food at our restaurants Anna Chovy’s and D.W. Anderson’s. We are proud to be your family’s new favorite waterpark of choice and look forward to having you stay with us again soon.
Have a splash-tastic day!
Kenosha, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 7, 2013

We were so excited to receive a gift certificate to Key Lime Cove for Christmas. We checked in and went to the Crazy Toucan for dinner. There were 9 tables seated. The staff acted like they were crazy busy and I can honestly say I have never had that terrible of service in a restaurant. The waitress could not have cared less. We waited so long for our bill that my husband and son left me sitting alone at the table waiting. It was 20 minutes from the time I asked for the bill to the time it was paid. 9 tables and 4 servers! Terrible! There were only two occasions when we encountered someone friendly on the staff, when we went to a kiosk that served some pastries and Starbucks coffee, and the breakfast waitress at DW Anderson's. There was even a security guard that approached me as I was waiting to load my son's arcade card. He said "Hey girl, how you doin?" I said "Just here with my husband and son playing in the arcade." He said, "Oh yeah, what room are you in?" Are you freaking kidding me?! Every time I tried to use our gift card, it was looked at like it was a foreign object and they always had to ask someone else how to apply it. They bounced me all over the place at the arcade. They claimed they couldn't accept my gift card and sent me to the front desk. When I tried to re load the arcade card at the front desk, they told me they couldn't do that. They ended up putting a credit to my room so I could re load the card at the arcade. I had to hold my wristband up to a machine. The girl at the arcade didn't bother explaining how it worked to me, just thought it was sufficient to slap my hand away when she didn't want me to hold it up there anymore. By the end I was so ready to go home! I am thinking I will drive the extra miles to Wisconsin Dells from now on.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, January 9, 2013
Dear Christina K,
Thank you for sharing your comments on our resort. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed your time with your family in Lost Paradise Indoor Waterpark. We strive to exceed our guest’s expectations of customer service and it seems that we failed to do so with your family and we sincerely apologize for that. If you are ever unsatisfied with the level of service you’ve received don’t hesitate to ask to speak with a manager. Our management team strives to remedy any issues that might come up immediately to ensure that our guests enjoy their stay with us. We are pleased to hear that you found some of the staff in our food outlets, Island Temptations and D.W. Anderson’s, to be friendly. As for our security staff, they have a responsibility to interact with our guests when patrolling the outlets. They are a part of our team to ensure the safety of everyone in the resort and by no means was the security guard trying to offend you or your family. The reason for your difficulties when trying to use the gift card in the arcade is actually due to the fact that they are owned by an outside company, hence why they couldn’t accept a KeyLime Cove gift card. We apologize that this wasn’t properly explained to you at the time you attempted to use the card. It seems though that the front desk was able to remedy the difficulties with the gift card by crediting your account to purchase a reloadable arcade game card. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we can only hope that you would reconsider staying with us in the future when you plan another family vacation.
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

I love this place! Me and my dad go here ounce a year ! We've been doing this for four years now and I can't wait to come back! The service is amazing! In fact I' think I've had the best service here! The rooms are well kept and well decorated ! It made me fell so great! Can't wait to have a splash tactic birthday here!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
Dear Pickle11Chicago,
Thank you for the splash-tastic review! We are honored that you and your father choose our resort for your yearly getaway. Our number one priority is to exceed our guest's expectations in customer service and we are thrilled that we have done that for you and your father. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we are looking forward to seeing you again soon to celebrate your birthday!
Naperville, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

Waterpark:
The waterpark was a big disappointment. It was extremely small and overcrowded. It was hard to find tubes, and people were constantly running into each other in the pool and river. The worst part about it was it was so cold!! My daughter's lips were purple the entire time she was swimming and we were all constantly covered with goosebumps and shivering. You would see people walking around hugging themselves throughout the entire waterpark. We asked both days if they could adjust the heat, since it obviously seemed to be a problem to many, and we were told they'd "have an engineer look into it" but nothing ever changed the entire time we were there.

Food:
We ate at Toucan's for dinner on our first day. My husband's drink was so bad (basically sugar water) he sent it back. Then our food came and the bread for the buns was stale...really stale. He sent that back as well, and we ate what was edible. When a manager came back to ask how everything was, we mentioned the stale bread and he just kind of snickered and muttered "I'll look into it" with a smirk that made it seem like he didn't even believe us. We ate outside of the hotel for the rest of our stay.

We will definitely not be going back. I was considering taking my daughter's Girl Scout troop there for the hotel's Girl Scout weekend even, but will now be talking the girls out of it.

Dear Amanda M,
Thank you for sharing your feedback on our resort. We apologize if you were not satisfied with the size and occupancy level of the waterpark. We do tend to be a bit busier on the weekends and during winter break when the kids are out of school. As for the temperature in the waterpark, our technology used to regulate the air and water temperature is highly advanced. There are several sensors located throughout the waterpark that regulate the exact temperature in each area. For example three of the sensors in our waterpark currently read 87°, 90° and 89°. We also have climate sensors located in the waterpark for guests to view the current air and water temperature. If you ever have an issue with the temperature in the park please don’t hesitate to ask for a supervisor or manager who can check the sensors to determine if there is an engineering issue. As for your food and beverage, we apologize that your meal was not to the level you and your family were expecting and your comments have been forwarded to our Director of Food and Beverage. If you wish to discuss more details of your stay please email dwarren@keylimecove.com. Thank you again for sharing your stay with us and we can only hope that you would reconsider staying with us in the future with our Scout Getaway Event.
Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!