“We'll be back!” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“We'll be back!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

Lot's 'o fun, not cheap, but lot's 'o fun! We (2 moms over 40, a 6 year old boy, 5 year old girl & 3 year old girl) went during spring break and were VERY happy with our stay.
The check in was a bit long, but I kind of expected it during spring break. The front desk clerk was friendly & explained everything I needed to know very clearly. It was great to have our wristbands as keys and to use to charge everything to our room.
One thing I didn't realize is that they don't care if you bring food or drinks to your room, people were even bringing coolers in. Good to know for next time for snacks and stuff.
Even though the hotel was sold out, the water park didn't seem crazy crowded. The longest we waited for the big water slide tubes was no more than 10 minutes. The water park staff was EXCELLENT. After many trips on the tubes my 6 year old wanted to go it alone, the employee helped him put the tube in the water & held the tube so he could settle in, gave him a little push to start his trip & gave him a big smile & thumbs up. So happy to see such caring & happy employees here.
FYI - During the day when you go down the tube slides you can see where you are, but at night it's pitch black. And the body slide is always pitch black, kind of freaked me out.
A great place to visit is Leapin' Lizards - a place for the kids to color, play corn hole, connect 4 and even watch a movie on their flat screen. Free fun. Here the employees were great too, the place was crowded but they were helpful, friendly & very good with the kids.
The food at The Crazy Toucan was really good & reasonably priced. Rob our server was great and food came very quick. The pizza was good at the Pizzeria & free pop refills was nice. We did the breakfast buffet at DW Anderson's and enjoyed it too. Tons of fresh fruit was wonderful.
The arcade was fun, loud and a bit of sensory overload for the kids, probably spent too much money in there but the fresh cotton candy was yummy.
Overall, it was a great place to stay for 2 nights. The entire staff was outstanding. The room very clean and plenty of space for all of us. Next time I'll bring my own pillow, theirs were a bit too big for me and the kids.
We will go back!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 6, 2012
Dear Kris 2614,
Spring Break is a key-riffic time to get out of the house and visit us after being cooped up for the winter! Thank you for choosing KeyLime Cove and for sharing this awesome feedback. We truly appreciate your comments and can’t wait to share them with our KLC team.
It sounds like you had great experiences with all of our crew - from Front Desk to Aquatics to Leapin Lizards. This means a lot to all of us at KeyLime Cove as customer service is a top priority.
Food and drinks are permitted as long as they are in your guest room. However, we don’t want you to miss out on all the key-licious food that we have throughout the resort. Sounds like you enjoyed The Crazy Toucan, Anna Chovy’s Pizzeria and D.W. Anderson’s breakfast buffet.
Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family and hope to see you in the FUN-SHINE again soon!
Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Posen, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

WONDERFUL place love going their have been 5 times took my 3 daughters and 5 grandkids all have a great time can't wait to go back and it will be soon.

Room Tip: all rooms are great only used the room to sleep we were swimming the whole time
Dear Bonnie T,
Five times?!? That’s super splash-tactular and we truly appreciate you continuing to visit us at KeyLime Cove. Thank you for taking the time to review your previous stay.
Be on the look out in September for Grandparent’s Appreciation Month.
And we love your Room Tip!
Pingree Grove
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights at Key Lime Cove and had a pretty decent experience. The check in line was pretty long, but moved relatively quick and Lindsay at the front desk went above and beyond on tips to navigate easily.Thank you Lindsay! AWESOME!! My family of 4 stayed in the Key Largo wing and on the 3rd floor and it was very clean and quiet. The room was filled with extra blankets , pillows, etc and nothing appeared to be broken, but I would have liked a lock on the bathroom door. The pool area was busy but flowed well in my opinion and the wrist bands are the best I've seen so you don't have to carry cash or room keys.. Good Call... my one and only real complaint is the prices are a bit high, but our overall experience was great!

Jennifer R

Dear Jennifer R,
Thanks for visiting us for your Spring Break getaway! We will definitely pass along your feedback, especially your shout out to Lindsay.
Spring Break is one of our peak seasons and due to a large number of guests arriving at the same time check-in can be slightly longer than usual. We are so glad you noticed our front desk staff, including Lindsay, working as quickly and efficiently to expedite this process.
On your next visit be sure to visit keylimecove.com and check out our Specials & Packages page for awesome deals.
Joliet, Illinois, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

We went to Keylime Cove over a month ago yet only recently received company feedback after reporting a serious safety concern. They also asked me to write a review on this site, so here goes.

Over all, the resort and employees are great. You honestly feel like you are in a tropical oasis, the temperature is even warm, not hot, but just right. The water park is a blast, though I suggest going during the week, as the weekends are way to crowded.

My main concern was the lack of reaction from the life guards. My 2 1/2 yr old fell in the wave pool twice, once being separated from me and the second time knock from his tube, and the life guards were mere feet away and did nothing both times. Even when others cried ":the baby the baby" as the waves were swiping him under, they still looked and stared. Luckily he was rescued by a hotel guest. But I was very upset. They have plenty of life guards, even in the hot tubs there are two, yet no one stepped into help both times?

The food is decent, though the food stands near the water park are HORRIBLE! They employees are way to slow and often times ignore the fact that you are standing there waiting to order.

The kids activity area is a blast. There are so many fun activities for the family and kids to do for free. There are a few paid activities, but they are more then responsibly priced. The arcade is a blast as well, though there were some less then savory people using the games. One women tried to get into a psychical fight with me because she believed her child was cut by mine; even though her child walked away. Security was not called in a timely manner and the women walked away after a few choice words that do not belong in a family environment.

The rooms were another story. For a 200 a night stay, they are very sub par. Like it has been mentioned before, the TV reception is horrible, the beds are very uncomfortable and the Wi-Fi is a joke. I would expect better living quarters for such an expensive hotel.

If not for the friendly staff and tropical environment that sucked me in, I do not think I would have such a great time given my other complaints. There is room for improvement given the price of the hotel, though I think I would make a return visit.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
Dear Melinda Q,
Thank you very much for taking the time to reach out to us. We truly apologize for any delay in feedback on your stay.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our tropical oasis, interacting with our awesome crew and splishin’ and splashin’ in the waterpark.
Please know that with feedback like yours we continue to the KLC experience and work towards an even more key-riffic resort.
Dubuque, Iowa, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

The only thing that i would change about my trip to Key Lime Cove is that I would go for more than one night. From the start it was a great experience. There was a potential disaster when we realized that I had shown up a day early fro our reservation, but the Customer Service rep changed it on the spot without issue. Yeah, a day early...I still don't know how that one happened. Everyone that my family came in contact with was professional and courteous. The waterpark blew away the one that we have locally, not even a contest. The rooms were clean and comfortable and inspired my wife to want to take a trip to Florida soon.

For $6 you get a locker that your wristband unlocks and it is yours for the day. Very valuable to put things in instead of going to the room all the time. We kept waiting for hidden fees or something, but it never came.

I'm a big fan of Moe's Southwest Grill and we ate at one nearby or we would have ate at one of the many options inside the resort.

• Stayed March 2012, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 12, 2012
Dear Lee J,
What an awesome review! Thank you so much for sharing your KLC experience and we can’t wait until you come back.
Our KeyLime Cove crew does everything possible to make each guest’s stay as splash-tastic as possible. We are thrilled that we are able to switch your reservation for you.
Monee, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2012

My family has been going here for many reasons. ne is because it is closer than the Dells, but also all of the staff has been very nice. My only bad experience was on this last trip. We took friends with us who had the room from I don't know where. IT was gross!!!! The lamps were broken, hanging sideways on the wall, the safe was broken, they had hair all over the bathroom floor and other places, dirt all over the place in the room. When they brought the manager in all that was done about it was he apologized and they offered at $30.00 credit. I understand that they could not refund all of the money, but with the business that they do, maybe offer a one night stay to try and encourage them to come back.

Our room, like other times was clean, but could have been better. I believe that the housekeeping staff needs some immediate improvement. And this time kids kept slipping in the little kids area. I asked for a rubber mat and the head life guard told me they were out to keep wiping down the are with a towel. I did that for awhile but then got disgusted and we left that area. After all I was there to have a good time not keep up the area.

I do not let things like that ruin my trip, it was St. Patty's day weekend so we had a great time anyways!!!!!!!!!! WE will return next winter!!!!!!!!!

Dear Mandy9152,
From all of us at KeyLime Cove, thank you for continuing to visit us! St. Patty’s Day weekend was filled with waves of entertainment and we are happy that you enjoyed your stay.
We truly apologize that the level of cleanliness was not up to KLC standards. Your comments will be passed on to our Housekeeping Team. Our goal is to always make each and every guest’s stay truly splash-tastic but we appreciate you did not let this ruin your trip. And we look forward to you returning next winter!
MI
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2012

Just returned from two nights a Keylime Cove. We had a nice getaway. Official check in is at 4 but we were in line at a bit after 3 and our room was ready. We had a queen deluxe room that had two beds, a pull out couch, a fridge, a table and two chairs.Plenty of room for two adults and a 3 and 6 year old. Matresses were not great, both adults noticed the matress issue. The room was clean but a little worn. We had requested a bedrail when we booked but it was not in the room, however a call to houskeeping quickly resolved the issue.

Water park: The waterpark itself is a good size and the temperature was good. The 3 year old loved the "little kid" slides and went on them over and over again. One word of warning about the waterpark, floors are slippery and we saw several people slip and fall--hard. Water shoes would be a good idea. The kids had a lot of fun on the kids slides. This is the first waterpark I have been to where a tube was REQUIRED to go in the lazy river. This was very annoying at time as there is a shortage of the clear tubes that can be used and people were swarming trying to get a tube. Not cool when adults are taking tubes from kids! Something should be done about this. Friday crowds were manageable but by Saturday in the late afternoon the waterpark was wall to wall people, making enjoyment a challenge. We opted for other activities after it got too crowded.

Food: We had pizza on Friday night at the resort and ate at the 6 soda fountain the next evening. Both were just ok. Not horrible but not great. We ate there mostly because it was easy. Prices were reasonable as well.

Activities: The kids enjoyed the activites at Leapin Lizards very much. They colored T-shirts, did a coloring contest and decorated cookies. They both also loved playing games in the arcade, however, the games were pricey and a bit stingy with the tickets for prizes.

Value: We payed around $260 a night for our stay which we felt ok about initially. When talking to several other folks though, there were some that got a MUCH better price. After leaving the resort,I recieved a text that I could get nights on Sun-Thur for around $100. So would I go again? Yes, but not at $260 a night.

Overall: We had a fun trip. There were a few minor challenges but none that hurt our trip. We would go back, probably mid week to take advantage of lower rates and lower crowds.

Dear Eclecticco,
Thank for all of your observations and tips from your recent stay. We truly appreciate hearing back from our guests.
Lil’ Limers Play Pond is the perfect area for little ones. It makes them feel like a big kid! We do apologize for any inconvenience with the Lazy River. We will be changing our system for distributing tubes and guests should see a definite improvement.
We hope that you do take advantage of our tube-ular text message offers or join Club KeyLime for some more great deals on your next visit.
Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!