“A Wonderful Place All Year Round!!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

3.5 of 5 Resort   |   1700 Nations Drive, Gurnee, IL 60031   |
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“A Wonderful Place All Year Round!!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2012

Our family of 5, which includes are three girls, loves Keylime Cove. We would go to Wisconsin Dells, once a year, but that all stopped, once I found Keylime Cove, about 2 years ago. We cannot stay away! The water park is amazing, and has something for everyone, from young to old. My kids love the water slides, and mommy loves the hot tub and indoor sand bar! The staff throughout the whole resoetis phenomenal. Keylime Cove is always our first choice, when planning a getaway!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 12, 2012
Dear treejaws05,

We love when you visit! And we truly appreciate that you and your family continue to choose KeyLime Cove for your family getaways.
Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family and we can’t wait to see you in the FUN-SHINE again soon!

Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
Saint Clair, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2012

We visited Keylime Cove February 25 - March 2 2012. I have to say we had a wonderful time. There is always something going on and tons of things for the kids. While staying there there employees made us feel right at home. The rooms are great and most important CLEAN !! I have to say one of my favorites was starbucks being in the building. Make sure u stop to have Rebecca make you a latte, She is a very wonderful person and made us feel right at home. We will definantly be going back. They also have plenty of lifgaurds on watch so it made it alot easier to let our kids and us have a great worry free time.

Room Tip: First level or second level are best. Closer to all the fun.
Dear StacyM50,

From all of us at KeyLime Cove, thank you so much for visiting our beach within reach for the Martin family vacation! We love hearing about your SPLASH-TASTIC stay and appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback.
Rebecca was thrilled to hear your feedback and she can’t wait to serve you up a latte during your next visit!

Pewaukee, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 3, 2012

We went over labor day weekend before we had to go back to school. We wanted to do something really fun and kind of like a last getaway for the summer. I had always wanted to go to the Key Lime since I drive past there all the time from Milwaukee to Chicago back and forth. So I went with my boyfriend for 2 nights, and we got a good package on where if I booked the room, I'd get free tickets to six flags for the both of us as well as a 2 day entry to the waterpark. Waterpark was a lot of fun! But honestly, after one day, it gets kind of repetitive once you've tried all the slides (only 3 of them) and did the lazy river. Even the kid's slides and water bucket spill was a lot of fun and made us feel like kids again. The lazy river was kind of small and not too deep which is hard to enjoy if you want to just put your arms over the tubes instead of sitting on them, that's hard to do because you can scratch your legs on the surface since it isn't too deep. It's also pretty short. The restaurants & room service is done at 10PM which is when watermark closes so we were really upset about that, especially at a resort. We had to leave the "resort" to go eat a restaurant nearby instead. The next night, we purposely left park early so we could have dinner at the resort...the food was so bad that I sent it back. It tasted like some amateur cook made it....I'm in the restaurant business & I travel a lot too, and trust me when I say that it was one of the worst meals I've ever seen in a restaurant. I saw the cook walking out...he looked like a really, really young college kid. At a resort, I expected a lot more service & good meals as well. The pizza downstairs is okay. They don't deliver room service or anything so there isn't any room service technically...which is also unusual for a "resort". I can't understand how this hotel makes money by closing everything early, and having an insane amount of rooms for just two small restaurants and a small watermark for the size of the hotel. This is going to really hurt them in the long run.

As for the rooms, it's cute but not the best. The prices for the hotel isn't really worth it but I'd go for one night or two nights if you have never been to it, the park is definitely a lot of fun. Definitely would never pay for that again though. Wisconsin dells or the hotel parks in Ohio is a lot better though and has similar prices.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Pamela G,

KeyLime Cove is a splash-tastic choice for a last getaway for the summer, especially with our Six Flags Ride N’ Slide package!
Thank you for sharing your feedback on our restaurants and room service. Your comments will be passed on to our Food and Beverage Team. We have made menu changes in the past few months and continue to improve our service. We truly feel that you will notice a difference upon your return stay.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 29, 2012

I booked online and ordered the breakfast to be delivered on Saturday morning. I never got a receipt emailed. I called to confirm they had my reservation with breakfast, the correct dates and the coupon book that was promised. The lady I spoke to confirmed all of this, I asked if they could send me an email confirmation and she said no but she could give me my reservation number. So I took that all though I really wanted a confirmation. When I arrived they had no breakfast on the confirmation. But I was not charged for it so I asked if I could add it on and they said no I had to go to the island temptation to add it on and there I was told I had to go to the front desk. Irritating! Also at the front desk they asked if I would like to be able to charge things to the wrist band. I thought this was cool and said yes. Figuring then I don't have to bring anything with me. The wristband did not work for charging so I had to go to the front desk to get activated again. I told them my husbands did not work either so they told me to send him up and the will activate his. So I went to watch the kids in the pool and my husband went up there to be told his could not be activated without me. His never worked the whole time we were there. This is a great idea if it worked. I also asked if my sister in law could have a key or wristband access to my room on Saturday AM because she would be checking in but her room would not be ready until 4. They told me I would have to pay $35 for this. Seriously you can't just give her a key if I tell you its okay! So when she arrived I had to get my children out of the pool to escort her to the hotel room since the front desk couldn't even do a simple courtesy like that.

The lifeguards were rude and on a power trip. They made my daughter cry when they told her they could not wear her arm floats because they are not coast guard approved. Then people were going down the slide 5-6 at at time but when I went to go down with my youngest I was told this wasn't allowed. When I pointed out everyone has been doing it all day the lifeguard responded I'm not talking to them. They were pretty hostile in their demeanor. I could never get a tube to even try the lazy river. Overall, we have decided we will be taking our winter get aways back to Wisconsin Dells where the water parks are bigger and better and the staff is more accommodating.
I have them two stars because the kid craft area was awesome the people who worked their were very nice and seemed to actually like kids!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 2, 2012
Dear Helen P,

Thank you for visiting us at KeyLime Cove and for sharing your feedback. We are very sorry that we did not make your stay a splash-tastic one. We are looking into your concerns and have discussed them with our Management Team.
It is very rare for our wristbands not to work and we do apologize that this occurred during your stay. Our Front Desk Manager is addressing the level of service during your stay and again we do apologize.
Although it is never our goal to upset you, it is important to maintain a top level of safety at all times. We only allow Coast Guard approved flotation devices to be used on property. If a guest needs a flotation device we do provide them.
We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our Leapin’ Lizards activity center!
Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family and we do hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Kindest regards,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 28, 2012

I work weekends and holidays. The only time I'm off are weekdays. Keylimecove is a great time, weekdays or weekends the staff,rooms,pool food the service was #1.

Room Tip: Mangrove suite best deal in the house for a family of 5.
Dear Nick R,

Thanks for sharing that SPLASH-TASTIC feedback! Visiting during the week and staying in the Mangrove Suite are TUBE-ULAR tips.
Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family!

River Forest, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2012

One of our favorite escapes. Keylime Cove is just what my daughter and her friends need after a long, hard week filled with early mornings, homework, bedtimes and chores. I often reward her with a weekend of Paradise for she and a friend. The staff is most helpful and friendly. I never fear for their safety, which allows me to have a few tropical drinks while they play! Rooms are impeccably cleaned and well maintained. Their housekeeping staff is one of the best I have seen in all my travels. I and my Daughter have visited Keylime Cove numerous times and I am refreshed by my surprise at the fact that I have yet to experience a "bad" employee at this Resort. After visiting Orlando, Florida numerous times (Disney World) and staying at many "child oriented" resorts, I can state, with confidence, that Keylime Cove is very well "equipped" to give you "the most for your money". One of our favorite options is having freshly baked (still warm!) cookies and cold milk delivered to our room just before bed! Keylime Cove offers so many options for their visitors, both young and old, that I always return home with children that are completely exhausted, but, with HUGE smiles on their faces! Keylime Cove is positively the most "kid friendly" resort we have experienced and we can't wait to return for our next escape. I am also extremely impressed with their high level of Handicap Accessibility in both their common areas as well as their rooms. The availability of internet in each room, via ethernet, and wifi throughout the property, allows me to photograph and send pictures to family members in real time. I also enjoy using Keylime Cove's wifi to post to my Facebook page while the children play. Keylime Cove is so much more than an Indoor Water Park that I can only say, I most highly recommend a visit.

Room Tip: We have stayed in most room types offered. Quite honestly, little time is spent in the room. All ro...
Dear Carlhall64,

We love hearing feedback like yours! Thank you so much for taking the time to share this with our future guests.
Our staff truly appreciates you sharing your comments about our top levels of safety, cleanliness, friendliness and the awesome family-friendly atmosphere through the resort. And the cookies and milk is a key-licious option!
Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family and we look forward to seeing you on your next escape to paradise.

Bloomingdale, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2012

We have been to KeyLime Cove four times over the past few years. We have always had a great time. We just recently went in February 2012. The improvements made were really appreciated! From the VERY CLEAN room and arcade, to the new larger blue swimming towels they provide for the water park, and the great customer service, our experience this time was even better than the last few.

I have several allergies. One of them is to dust and dust mites. When staying at a hotel, I can immediately tell how clean the room is when I wake up the next morning, by how congested I am. When I got up the next morning during our stay at KeyLime Cove, I felt great. I could breath and my allergies were not bothering me at all! Everything in the room was extremely clean. We truly appreciated that!!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, February 24, 2012
Dear Staci M,

We love hearing when guests return to visit our FUN-TASTIC resort and really appreciate when you share your awesome feedback with future guests! Customer service and cleanliness are very important to all of us at KeyLime Cove and we are so happy that you noticed awesome service in both areas during your stay.
Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family and look forward to your 5th visit!

Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!