“So much fun!” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Midwest
“So much fun!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

We took our daughter here to celebrate her 4yr birthday, and we had a blast. We went in December so it was not very crowded, which was nice. However our suite offered plenty of space and all the expected amenities. I really like the separate living area so we don't have to be concerned about keeping our daughter awake after we put her to bed.

The water park is the nicest we've been to. It's large and has different areas for the guests to enjoy. There is plenty of space for smaller kids to enjoy, which I liked. However, our daughter was a fan of the larger slides as well. The wave pool is nice and we enjoyed the boat rafts for the lazy river.

The arcade is extensive for a hotel. The games are ticket focused and don't require much skill so our daughter could easily play games.

We were a big fan of Leaping Lizards craft area. The staff there was amazing! They really get the kids engaged. We participated in a handful of the scheduled activities, but you can also go in for games, coloring, movies, etc. I really appreciated having this available because you can only spend so much time in the water each day.

The Enchanted Lagoon kids spa is cute but small so I'd recommend making an appointment.

Overall, we were very pleased and enjoyed our daughter's birthday celebration very much! Now we just need an excuse to go back again.

Room Tip: There are a lot of kids running around so ask for a room on the top floor to avoid hearing them run...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2012

Every year my adult daughters and I spend a weekend Christmas shopping in Gurnee IL. We also take an annual trip to a water park; usually in Wisconsin Dells. This year we thought it would be fun to combine the two and stay at Keylime Cove. The experience did not disappoint; check-in was busy but very fast, the room was nicely decorated and comfortable and the water park was clean and very well staffed. We were a little nervous about the room's proximity to the ice machine (right outside the door), but it really wasn't bad at all. We did not eat at any of the restaurants or order room service due to our busy schedule, but we'll be back again next year!

Westville Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2011

First off the website and when you call to make a reservation it says 86 and sunny year round.
Not true at all if you go durring the winter time I would say that it is more like 75 with freezing water, you know it is bad when a lifeguard is walking around shivering. Our bathroom door locked when no one was in it and the person who fixed it just bent it up so no one could lock the door, also our faucet to our bathtub broke and had to be replaced. Also it seemed to me that some of the games in the arcade where alittle overpriced and it seemed like they were rigged to not let you win very often. ( the big ball game ) We had a good hold on a large number of toys in the crane games and at the last second would lose them. the water was clean but as I said before COLD. As well as some of the lifeguards being inked up alittle to much ( tatto's ). The next time we are going to take a vacation we will be going to the Wisconsin Dells to the Kalahari. It is bigger and also warmer.

Room Tip: would find another indoor waterpark.
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011 via mobile

Service is excellent and very clean facility.
I was very satisfied with my experience.

• Stayed September 2011
Morris, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 26, 2011

KeyLime Cove was truly a great place. My boyfriend and I were looking for an easy getaway for our anniversary and Gurnee is only about an hour away from us, so we decided to try KeyLime Cove (we LOVE beaches and waterparks). We ended up getting a suite with a jacuzzi and king size bed. The room was amazing. Very clean, very tropical. The jacuzzi was huge, but I do have to say that there was a large scuff mark in it that I had to rub away and clean before we gave it a try just because I am a little bit of a germ-a-phob. The TV is also bolted in place, which was kind of frustrating just because from the jacuzzi you couldn't see the TV very well. If it wasn't bolted down, we could have moved the TV over another few inches and both been able to see it from the comfort of the tub. Other than that, the room was lovely.
I also have to mention that the staff there was incredibly nice, too. Every time we left the room or passed one of them by, they would always say hi and smile.
The restaurant that we ate at (the toucan one), was really great. Delicious food, but typically overpriced just like any resort. I was happy to pay it just so we wouldn't have to leave the resort and was pleasantly surprised that it actually tasted wonderful. (Beware of the wing sauce--it was spicier than expected!) ;)
The arcade was a blast--reminded me a Chuck E. Cheese in the fact that you get tickets from your games and then turn them in for prizes. Even though my boyfriend and I are 21, we still had a blast there.

I only have two complaints for KeyLime Cove: it was a lot smaller than expected, and there was virtually nothing for adults only to do. The waterpark literally has 2 body slides (both the same, just turns at opposite times), 3 rafts slides, a lazy river, tiny wave pool, and a kids area. I am sure that this would have been just fine for kids that can go on a slide 10 times in a row and still find it fun, but my boyfriend and I only spent about an hour in the waterpark before we looked at each other and said, "Well, now what?" I was so dissapointed with this just because I had expected more; looks bigger from the outside! I love going to the Dells and this was a pale comparison to that. Finally, the resort was definitely completely centered around families and kids. We were looking for a little bit of a romantic getaway but the only adult fun they offered was a spa. I had figured it was going to be a kid-friendly place but most resorts usually have at least a few adult-only fun things to do, whereas this one had nothing.

All in all, if you are looking for a fun family trip, this place is definitely the place to go. If you're looking for a romantic getaway, look to other places!

Room Tip: The second floor is where the restaurants, shops, and service desk are located. The first floor is w...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Valparaiso, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2011

Great park, especially for kids under 12. My kids love the slides and the restaurants. Arcade is great and the kids activities are hourly. We will be back again

Room Tip: ask for Key Largo wing
Wilmette, Illinois, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 7, 2011

We had a 4 day wkend from school & with no travel plans I decided to take my son & two friends for just a great day in the water! We arrived by 2pm into the water park by 2:20... and stayed until 9:pm....changed and spent 2 hours in the arcade...it was great fun! And the late night(for 8 & 11 yrs olds)made so much easier by for a small fee we could keep our room until 5:pm....was great, we were all worn out & ready to leave! Great food choices, really fun for the kids(I'd take another adult with Me Next time!) and well worth the $$$$ spent!! Plus EVERYONE at KeyLime Cove just worked for You & Your kids to have a GREAT Time! We're already planning a 12th Bday Party in June!

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!