“Kids & Parents loved it.” 5 of 5 stars

Grandparents Month
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Morris, Illinois, United States
“Kids & Parents loved it.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Very impressed by the staff. I would love to meet the management of this find waterpark....they run a top-notch show. Fortune 100 could learn a lot off of the management of Keylime Cove. All staff members were very mannerly, professional, and courteous. The place was very clean. I took three girls (ages 10, 6, and 6) and we all had a blast. Waterpark had a great selection of slides, the "Bowl", water playground, lazy river, wave pool, hot tub, kiddie play pool, and a basketball pool. The life guards are the best I've ever seen (this is coming from a public pool manager). Food and drink prices were reasonable. The only shortcoming I could manage to conjure up (after a lot of effort) was there wasn't a place to swim...you either were getting off a slide or had to have a tube to be in the water. Rate it 5 stars.

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2011

This place never gets old!! We go at least twice a year, just to get away for the weekend and it always excites us to be there. The water park is amazing and SAFE. The life guards are attentive, friendly and helpful. The facilites are clean and the restaurants have a variety of food to select from at reasonable prices. The amazing, comfortable and tropical rooms will make you feel like you are in the Bajamas!!! If you want to get away this is the place to go and have a good memorable time with the family!!

Room Tip: Connecting rooms are more spacious and you have more privacy when traveling with others
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

We enjoyed our weekend stay in October 2011. The waterpark is smaller than Great Wolf or Kalahari, but fun for kids under 12. Lots of other nonswimming activities to do too. We had a Captian Dave's Suite - 2 BDR unit which we loved as a family of 5, but it wasn't cheap. The restaurants were very good and the service was excellent. We felt welcomed and our kids (5,6,11) tell us they want to go back often. We did not use the shuttle to Six Flags, we drove.
There are plenty of off property restaurants, shopping etc. nearby. The Spa was kind of small, but nice too.

Room Tip: Our kids loved having their own room w/2 doubles. Also a sofabed. King in Master. 2 Baths. Awesome b...
Bettendorf, Iowa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

We have 3 teen boys and brought our daughter + friend + grandaughter for a weekend getaway. We wanted a fun hotel that was close to Great America. This hotel is acrossed the street and does run one shuttle about every 1/2 hour. The kids had a blast at the water park, we enjoyed the drinks available while they swam. the snack bar food wasn't that great, but the breakfast buffet was amazing. They could benefit from running two shuttles during opening/closing hours at Great America. Overall, we would stay there again.

Westmont, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2011

This was not my first visit to Key Lime Cove, I have been 3 other times but it will certainly be my last. I have two children ages 11 and 2 and not only was I terribly disappointed but they where also during our stay there. I have to say most of the staff was generous and kind but not some of the lifeguards, they yelled at my son and his cousins. We lost one of our two Cabana Passes which has a $59.00 price tag on each and found ourselves to be frustrated at their lack of refund/replacement policy. I know my family and the other family I usually book with will never ever come back, to spend over $600 and be dissatisfied on a family vacation is just not right.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, November 15, 2011
Dear Victoria B,

Thank you so much for continuing to return to our tropi-COOL resort! We love to hear when guests visit us again and again.

We appreciate you taking the time to share feedback from your stay. The Cabana Pass is an awesome enhancement and we understand your frustration upon losing it during your stay. Our policy, with the Cabana Pass and all other guest items, is that KeyLime Cove is not responsible for lost or stolen items. However, our Front Desk and Aquatics staff did a splash-tastic job locating the item for you.

As with all of our guest comments, we appreciate your feedback and have passed it on to the appropriate managers. Please trust that we take the opportunity to learn from all of our guest comments.

Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Kindest regards,

Your friends at KeyLime Cove
La Grange, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2011

Me and my family just love keylime cove my 2yr daughter asks me all the time to go here so we end up going almost once every 2months.. such a great family place.. very friendly staff.

Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2011

I felt like I was at Disney World. My family and I were treated like royalty. I received a great price since I was there for a conference. We had a great experience with staff and management during the conference. I was able to find my family through the huge windows and wave to them and take pictures. With my son having anxiety it was perfect. We went Sweetest Day weekend and it was not too busy. The bell boys, gift shop attendants, restaurant staff, and front desk were wonderful. I loved the lazy river and hot tub. I was able to get assistance at 11:30pm the night before my conference so I could put up my display. When the confernce was wrapping up I called the Bell Boy and he brought my huge posters up to my room for me and even took them off the boards to place with the posters I did not use and my stick pins on the dresser. Every person I encountered was wonderful. It took forever to figure out their alarm clock so I would see if they offer wake up calls or use your cell phone. The rooms were clean even the bathrooms. I brought some decorated chocolates and put them on the night stand for my family. The fridge is in the dresser and works extremely well. We had the cleanest bathroom I ever seen before. I never heard a peep from my neighbors or kids running. Plan to be tired out and if you check out you can still stay and play until the water park closes. I did not pay for a locker i used a plastic bag but put all stuff not needed in my vehicle right away. Ask for coupons. I know we received them however I'm not sure if they are given out to everyone or just special occasions such as our conference. Oh! The Bell Boys are fast so to be polite maybe have everything almost ready before you call. At the bar be careful their Hurricane drink will get you drunk fast. We had a coupon for one and it was tasty. The food was tasty too. You can bring food lots of families do. I seen many coolers. If I new that I would of planned more sandwiches to save some money. We plan on going again. Thanks to Key Lime Cove would a great time!!!

Room Tip: Beds comfortable and bring food in coolers to save money.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!