“Our best vacation yet!!!!!” 5 of 5 stars

Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Maywood, Illinois
“Our best vacation yet!!!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

Me and my family had the best time ever!!! The waterpark was the best indoor one we've seen yet and the rooms where nice and clean. There where beautiful bright welcoming colors on the walls (reminding me of Hawaii or an island). The service was perfect, they help us out with everything we needed. Two things surprized me while at the hotel one was that we had a bus take us to Great America, that was very helpful and that our wristbands where also our room keys, that's better than having to keep up with a regular card key like other hotels, it was also the first time we ever saw one, big convenience. I have much more to add but at the end of the day we would recommend and love to revisit KeyLime Cove.

Room Tip: Make your reservations as early as you can.

870 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

i had a wonderful time at keylime cove the rooms were clean ...the bed was a little hard for me but overall it .. was a wonderful room the floors were not wet like some resorts i stayed at ... the resterant inside were somewhat good ...and the eggs and saugege at dw anderson was so, so the eggs are powder the meat is not cooked ....right but overall i this is one place i would tell all my friends about my daughter loved it..and for the slide with all the stairs ...that was to much for me but i enjoyed it....i be coming back again soon

Room Tip: rooms are very clean... loved the room
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

Had a great time with the kids/family. I prefer outdoor and indoor park combos, but it was a small, but nice indoor park. Kids could do their own thing and we felt safe. And it was only one hour away v.s. 2 plus hours for dells, etc. Want to go back again. Enjoyed the spa they had inside hotel as well. A little pampering for me while the kids played, swam.

Room Tip: I would prefer a room closer to elevators, action. . lots of walking back and forth to room. bring...
Munster, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2011

I really loved Keylime Cove! My family of four had a wonderful time! There were several high points.
The waterpark was great. My six year old son was just big enough to ride the slides and also have fun at the water playground. I also felt very safe as there were several lifeguards ready to spring into action. We actually had an instance where my son was struggling inthe wave pool and a lifeguard jumped in to help.
The Queen Stateroom was very spacious. We traveled with our four month old son, so having plenty of space for a crib and all of the baby things was crucial.
The food at the Crazy Toucan was much better than we expected. The Chicken Milan was out of the world!
Thanks for a great visit! We'll be returning soon!

Room Tip: The Queen stateroom was a great pick!
Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

We went to KLC as a birthday present for my son. Check-in was a bit infuriating, as guests are not allowed to use baggage carts & must use the porters at the front. Too much signage at entrance made it confusing to know where we could temporarily park to unload and check in.

I paid for balloons and banner to be in the room when we arrived. However, they were not present when we entered. A nice staff member showed up a bit later with a letter-sized, ink-jet printed little sign (not personalized) that said "Happy Birthday" and a small bunch of balloons.....for $7.

The room was nicely decorated and had a refrigerator, which was nice. Housekeeping staff was extremely friendly and attentive, as was the front-desk staff.

My 8 year-old son and I really enjoyed the waterpark. The slides, in particular, were a lot of fun. It wasn't a terribly big park, but had plenty to do, given the size. The toddler area was OK at best. Not well designed to keep in close proximity with your toddler, due to the multiple levels. Our 1st time there, there were multiple teenagers goofing off in there. No effort was made to restrict it to young children, making it less safe for the little ones. My biggest problem with the park was the floors. They were extremely slippery. Despite not running, my 2 1/2 year-old fell about 4-5 times while walking slowly, and my older son fell twice. As a pediatrician, I would strongly encourage KLC to find a way to install a more slip-resistant surface. For the most part, lifeguards were attentive, but could be more assertive in the toddler area. Overall, the park seemed a great place for kids from about 5-12 years old.

We did not eat on the premises, so I have no comment on that.

I would consider going to Key Lime Cove again (especially because it's close to our home in Milwaukee), but maybe not until my younger child is old enough to be do the bigger rides. I just didn't feel it was very safe for a little one.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, August 17, 2011
Dear ANDREW G,

Thank you for taking the time to send us your feedback on your experience! We are glad to hear that you are your son enjoyed Lost Paradise Indoor Waterpark and celebrating his birthday with us here at KeyLime Cove

Please know that your concerns have been passed on to our management team and we are taking steps to improve the various areas of the resort mentioned in your review. We do apologize for the tardiness of the delivery of your birthday enhancement and our staff is currently looking into other options for the birthday welcome banner.

Safety is a top concern at KeyLime Cove for the waterpark and throughout the entire resort. We did recently resurface our waterpark with a non-skid, textured floor. Our Aquatics Director has been notified of your review and will pass on to the Aquatics Team all of your suggestions about Lil’ Limers Play Pond . If you wish to discuss the details of your stay further please contact 224-656-8005.

Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and we look forward to seeing you soon!

Kindest regards,

Your friends at KeyLime Cove
Aurora, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 10, 2011

This was our 4th trip to Key Lime Cove since last summer when my fiancé and son went and fell in love. We went to KLC over the weekend to celebrate my daughter's 4th birthday. She was given a choice of a birthday party or KLC and she opted for KLC. This time we stayed in a suite and brought my cousin and her 2 children as well as my mom. The suite wasn't as roomy as I expected but the jacuzzi tub in the master bedroom was AWESOME. Even more so because I never did get to escape the kids and go in the hot tub in the waterpark. We did have to call island services because the zip line in the room was broken. A very nice man showed up shortly after and although he couldn't fix the zip line offered to get us extra hangers to hang our wet clothes on. The only other issue we had in the room was that housekeeping didn't come until after we were back one afternoon to feed the kids lunch and have some quiet time. We just asked for more towels and the garbage to be taken and left it at that because the kids were napping.

The waterpark was enjoyable as always. I read through some of the posts that said there are never any chairs available and sometimes that is true but really...how often are you sitting in a chair? I bring a book to read but never get to sit down for more than a few minutes to read it. I don't do the big waterslides and my children are young enough that they still enjoy the smaller areas so we just stick with those areas. My fiancé has been down the big waterslides before and loved them.

We all love the pizza and ordered pizza and chili dogs to go back to the room after we were done at the waterpark one night. Ate at Toucans for dinner one night as well and the food was good. After a long day in the water with 4 kids the $5 pomegranate margaritas were even better. However, if you have a seafood allergy make sure you let them know. Last time we did and everything was fine but we forgot this time and we think my fiancé had a mild reaction to something he ate that may have been cross contaminated with something containing shellfish on the menu. It was minor and as soon as he started itching we left and went to the store right on site and bought some Benadryl so all was well.

The kids always enjoy leaping lizards and the evening weekend events in the arcade. My daughter even won 1000 tickets on one of the games where you spin the wheel. Talk about a birthday present. We added the tickets to a card that we can take back again for next time to get something bigger. Leaping lizards is nice because when the kids need a break from the water and you don’t want to keep spending money in the arcade you can go to Leaping Lizards where they can color, play with toys or play checkers or bags. They do have crafts that cost money to do but they are reasonable price wise.

I have yet to be to the spa even after being there 4 times but I will eventually. Really hoping to try that and they also have a spa for the smaller girls as well that I would have loved to have taken my daughter to but sadly there just wasn’t time.

All in all we had a great time as usual. It’s a fun place to go. The only suggestion I have is somehow setting up the wrist bands for those 21 and over to be able to get drinks without having an ID on you (carding at check in possibly and setting up the wrist band so that the scanner knows the id has been checked already). The wristband is helpful in that you don’t have to carry cash or a credit card with you but I ran into the issue that I also didn’t have my driver’s license when I went to purchase a drink by the pool. I understand that the wristbands are used for younger children to charge things back to the room as well so it might be hard to set up such a system but I’m sure it could be done somehow.

Keep up the good work KLC! See you in a few months for my son’s birthday I’m sure 

Hanover Park, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 9, 2011

The staff is friendly and makes sure you are satisfied with the service you receive. We were told by the shuttle driver that they shut down for one week in September for general mass maintenance of the whole resort, which includes painting, changing locks, batteries in smoke detectors, etc. This is a great idea to make sure everything is running smoothly and looking great! For our family of four it is an economical deal all around and keeps our kids, ages 8 and 12 busy.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!