“we loved everything about this place and plan on comming back real soon” 5 of 5 stars
Review of KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort

Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Chicago, Illinois
“we loved everything about this place and plan on comming back real soon”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

I was really pleased with the extra activities they had for the kids. Everyone was so nice and polite the room was imaculate. There is nothing negative I have to say about our visit except didnt want to leave .

Room Tip: i stayed in the room with the double queen sized beds it was more than enough sleeping space

876 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Michigan City, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

My family recently stayed here for our second time for 2 nights. I would have to say overall we enjoyed our stay. I don't get why there are so many bad reviews. It actually isn't that bad considering we have stayed at much more fancier hotels in the past. The theme is really nice. Lots of colors and decorations everywhere you look. The rooms are fairly decent. Didn't have any bed bug problems or dirty room issues. The game room was also pretty neat. We did like how you use a credit card type system by loading points onto a card instead of lugging around tokens to every game. Most of the good prizes would require several hundred dollars in tickets though. The water park was the best part. It isn't the biggest and best indoor water part, but it is pretty good. I did notice some of the things in the water park were not working properly, such as some of the hoses on the tower where you spray people. You can tell some of the things in the park are already showing some age even though it is not old. Hopefully they can keep up with things before things start going downhill. There are 5 big slides you can choose from. And I think 3 smaller ones. None of the pools go over 5 feet also. So if you like diving into a deep pool. Then you wont find one here. Some of the life guards could also be a little nicer too. I got yelled at for dumping water on people when it is supposed to be dumped on people. That's the whole purpose of the water tower.

Overall Keylime Cove is a pretty nice place to stay if you just want to get out and try something different. It's not that bad as some people say. Of course prices are going to be high, and of course not everything will be perfect. It was good for our stay though. I would come again! And we hope to come again soon.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 29, 2011

I took my family on a vacation to Six Flags and decided to stay at KeyLime Cove Resort. It was the best choice I have ever made in terms of a fun, family-oriented, hotel. Upon our arrival, we were greeted by two gentlmen at the front door who helped us get our bags out of our vehicle and gave us directions to the front desk and where I could park our vehicle. Once at the front desk, we were warmly greeted and quickly setup with our room. Our hotel room was very clean, very nice, and well decorated. We then went on a little family hotel tour and were amazed at all of the great things KeyLime Cove offered. This includes a full sized indoor waterpark, with slides, wave pool, water river, etc. We also found several restaurants, shops, and even an arcade. The waterpark was a lot of fun and we spent one whole day enjoying it. When it was time to eat we could walk out the door and we had several choices of restaurants to choose from from pizza, to hot dogs and hamburgers, ice cream, seafood, pasta, etc. My kids also enjoyed the huge arcade that features video games, basketball, table hockey, pinball, etc. The location was fantastic as it was right across the street from Six Flags Great America, shops, restaurants, and just about anything you would want. The hotel offers a shuttle that takes you to Six Flags and picks you up. Parking at the park costs $20 a day so this was an extremely wonderful deal.
I truly liked/loved everything about KeyLime Cove from the room, to the waterpark, the shops and restaurants, but most of all the wonderful people who work there. They answered our questions, and we had a lot of them as my daughter has a peanut allergy and we have to check out any food she eats. The managers at all of the restaurants were very helpful and knowedgable about their menu.
Thething I liked least was we had to leave. My kids loved it and it is a great place for a family to stay and enjoy!

Room Tip: Rooms are very clean. You will be givena bracelet that opens up your hotel door and gets you into th...
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chicago
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 28, 2011

We went to Gurnee to spend Saturday and Sunday at Six Flags, and booked a room for the night at Key Lime Cove. We thought the price was very reasonable considering that we got all day access to the resort and water park on both Saturday and Sunday, even before and after check-out. We also liked the free shuttle bus to Six Flags, since that saved us $40 in parking. The rooms were nice and clean and attractively decorated. Considering all of the activity there, it was pretty quiet in the room area. The kids loved the water park, there was enough for them to do at their ages (11 and 17). We ate dinner at the Crazy Toucan restaurant inside the resort and liked it quite well, and we enjoyed the fact that you could pay for everything with a swipe of your wristband (no cash req'd). We all enjoyed the arcade and seemed to get quite a lot of play for the $20 card we bought. There were also some nice shops and snack bars throughout the resort. All of the employees were very nice. I am sure that we will try to make it back again sometime.

NY
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We decided to visit Six Flags Great America and had received a recommendation for KeyLime Cove from a relative. All in all, a workable choice. The shuttle to Six Flags is very convenient, runs on time and frequently (max. wait 10 minutes). The water park is great for 4-9 year olds, older than that? Forget it. Rooms (we stayed in Pres. Suite) were what you would expect for the money, although could have been cleaner. Housekeeping staff quickly rectified the problems. Food was definately the low point....yuk!!!! Terrible breakfast, lowest quality I have had in years.

In sum, fine place to springboard into Six Flags, no other reason to stay there.

Lansing, Michigan
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011 via mobile

The rooms were very Clean, no smells of moisture. The restaurants were delicious and well worth the cost. The service was super. The arcade was loads of fun!

• Stayed July 2011
Naperville, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We enjoyed our stay at KLC. The lines for registration were long but were dealt quickly. Stephanie, the girl who registered us was great and helpful. She was giving us a room on the 1st floor and we requested a change and she did it with a smile. Any questions we asked were responded with polite replies. Our room was absolutely clean and so was the bathroom.
The 1st night my mattress was like a boat and it gave me severe pain in my neck and shoulders. We requested them to change the mattress and they did that. I am back home but still have lot of swelling in my neck and shoulders.
The water park was very nice.Hotel room towels are allowed in water park but water park towels are not allowed outside the water park. The water was clean and the lifeguards were really attentive except one on green slide who was clearly people watching, was rude to kids and uninterested in his job. He had his back on the line throughout. There was one lifeguard who had a tattoo that started with B and ended with Z and he was exceptionally good at his job. He helped people, was very attentive, corrected kids when needed...he took his job seriously !
We ordered pizza at Anna Chovy's and jojo did a great job making it. We ordered veggie pizza with easy cheese and heavy on the sauce and we also wanted our veggies under the cheese and he happily did it . They all served with a smile. The table was dirty and Corina cleaned it right away and asked us if we needed anything else. That was very nice.
The morning brkfst buffet for a vegetarian was ok. The staff serving there was uninterested like other previous reviewers had mentioned. When I walked in and asked the lady what was in the menu and if there were vegetarian options, she just said she does not think so. I asked her to send someone who can help me !!! The server herself was looking very sleepy and I had to ask her for water, tea and coffee 2 times before I got it. The coffee was very bad and she said that majority of the people don't like it. I had read in previous reviews that their coffee was bad !

We tried their Fudge and pastry , they were delicious. The lady whom we were paying said , " Gratuity is not billed through credit card, just so u know." (!!!!!) I am not paying Gratuity for buying cake in a store !
DW Anderson had awesome icecream and it was very reasonable.
After reading many bad reviews we were scared to go. The reviews were wrong ! The crowd was mixed and everyone seemed happy and were at best behavior. The crowd was not ghetto , i think that is very mean thing to say. So what if people had tatoos ? They were well behaved.
The games area is fun and kids behaved, we din't see any fights or pushing ...Everyone here came to have fun and it seemed like each one was having fun.
The place is casual and mostly people are in swimming suit overalls because of the waterpark and it is justified.
There are resort fees, state tax,local tax , so keep all that in mind :D Every floor had a microwave and rooms have fridge ,which was very good. We were very surprised that room cleaning service did not include changing used glasses .This was the 1st for us.The old glasses were lying around instead of being replaced with clean ones.
The 2nd day in the evening , we were getting bored so we went to the near by Gurnee outlet mall . There are so many eateries right outside the KLC.
Overall our trip was good and thankyou to all the people who wrote fair and good reviews otherwise we would have not gone.

Room Tip: our was on 3rd floor near microwave vending machine and ice maker.It was very quiet throughout.
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!