“EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Fort Worth/Dallas, TX
“EXCELLENT EXCELLENT EXCELLENT”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 7, 2011

despite some of the negative reviews we had an absolute blast at Key Lime Cove. the entire staff was WONDERFUL, very helpful, professional, and knowledgeable. everyone was so polite. we did the birthday package for one of my kids and it was PERFECT. the cake was delicious and so big. the pizza was EXCELLENT and delicious. they gave us coupons upon check in that were a great value and we were happy to use. the waterpark was so much fun. it was clean, and the employees were great at keeping an eye out on everything. we ordered a burger and grilled cheese sandwich at the pizza place and Tara made such delicious food for us. Devin who checked us in was a great help and James who delivered our luggage to our room was very professional. there's also an area where they have a bunch of fun activities for the kids and Jumpin Jenny was there at the time we went. she was alot of fun. we have absolutely nothing negative to say at all about this place. it is affordable and a great value. the beds were so comfortable, the AC unit was quiet and in great working order. we also had a fridge in our room and they have a line hanging up above the shower area for you to hang your swim suites to dry after going to the water park, so thoughtful. they have a free shuttle that takes you to and from Six Flags, and Gurnee Mills Mall. this is a neat resort where you use a wrist band as your room key and to shop if you'd like, that way you don't ever have to carry cash or cards or anything of the sort. you can put as much money towards that as you want ( up to $150.00 per day) directly from your debit or credit card account, or you can pay cash or use your cards as you go. its up to you. we also made some cool body scrub at the kids spa, it was fun and so cool and affordable. they have a lot of services available for the kids at the spa. I can't say it enough, it was so much fun and so relaxing and such a cool place to stay. we highly recommend it, there's lots of fun to be had by all at this place.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Sugar Grove, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2011

I was initially not excited about going to this hotel because we had stayed at a similar type of waterpark hotel in Rockford and were VERY unhappy. We had tickets to Great America and I found a Groupon for KEYLIME COVE so I figured why not try it out for this price. I have to say it was WONDERFUL!! Everything was in perfect working order, clean and the staff was SO friendly. The waterpark was SO well maintained and there were plenty of lifeguards on staff keeping an eye on things. In addition to the waterpark there were SO many things to do as well!! Plus the free shuttle to Great America was an excellent bonus!! That saved us $20!! The rooms were very comfortable and even had a ceiling fan in the room! What a great feature! The decor was very tropical (as to be expected) and clean clean clean! We did get the room for a good deal and our budget doesn't really allow staying at places like this often, BUT we will be saving up to go again as soon as we can. It IS worth the money!!

Room Tip: No tip needed! I'm sure they are all great!!!
Morris, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

My family had a wonderful experience at KeyLime Cove. All the workers were friendly and outgoing. It was very clean and we felt very safe both in our room and at the water park. We would definitely go back!!

La Grange Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

It was like staying in a 5 star Hotel. The staff was over the top. They totally went out of their way to please us. From the night manager Dan to Morgan in the Spa. Just so kind and sweet. My room was very clean housekeeping was tip top. We had 3 rooms of family with us and ate in every one of the restaurants. We never had a bad meal. It was very tasty. We will go back at least 1 more time in 2011.

Room Tip: Get the Cabanaclub pass it's worth it
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We have stayed numerous times at Key Lime Cove and we have always been pleased with our stay. It is a great family place to just relax and have fun. I have 3 girls and they can't ever get enough of the waterpark. Me and my wife also enjoy getting away and spending a couple of days away from home. It is only a short 30 minute ride in the car. I would highly recommend to anyone with or without kids for a fun-filled getaway!!!

Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

It was a family vacation and we chose this place because it is close to Six flags (specially the outdoor water park) and my 5 years old son love water parks and we needed a back up plan so he can still go to a water park even indoor. The water park was great and my son loved but the hotel, staff (front disk), and restaurants are terrible. First we booked a whole package for two days including Six flags ticks and other stuff, I added the breakfast option to the package and I was told that the price was all for the 2 days, and that was a big lie when I arrived there they changed the charge and charged me extra, although I called twice before I book and ask about this specifically and they confirmed twice that what I will pay at the booking including the add on is for the my whole stay. When I complained about it they were so rude and the Manager was even more rude, and they did something only mean and unprofessional people can do, I told them that I have a back problem and please give me a room close to the elevator so I do not have to walk long or take the stairs and what they did they gave me a room that is the most far from the elevator in the entire hotel. I wanted to leave but my wife do not want us to ruin the vacation time ask that w let it go. The food was terrible the breakfast buffet was full of old pastry and old fruit. the other restaurants do not know even how to use salt. Overall I do not recommend this place I have been in many hotels and many countries this place was the worst place I ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the hotel, just visit the waterpark
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear TravelMe2020,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us and we are very sorry for your experience. We truly appreciate your feedback and please trust that your concerns have been passed on to the appropriate managers.

We love hearing that you loved the waterpark! KeyLime Cove is a great place for your family vacation and we appreciate that you chose us. We do apologize for your room placement, but we can assure you that the location was not out of meanness. Still we are very sorry as we do try to ensure all of our guests a comfortable stay in paradise.

Your post was discussed with several of our managers and they would be happy to speak with you further about the details. Please call 224-656-8005 and you will be connected with the appropriate manager.

We want to thank you for letting KeyLime Cove accommodate you and your family and truly hope that you consider us again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Your friends at KeyLime Cove
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We just spent for a 4th of July weekend.. We absolutely love KeyLime Cove. My daughter had so much fun a the water park and also with my 2 year old son. Seeing them have such a great time was the best.. The stuff has always been very friendly and also like the extra activities that they doing each day for the kids...
My family are already talking and planning to our next visit and we really would LoVe to come back!!!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!