“Loved it soooooooo much we will be back” 5 of 5 stars

Grandparents Month
Ranked #1 of 12 Hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
La Grange Park, Illinois
“Loved it soooooooo much we will be back”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

It was like staying in a 5 star Hotel. The staff was over the top. They totally went out of their way to please us. From the night manager Dan to Morgan in the Spa. Just so kind and sweet. My room was very clean housekeeping was tip top. We had 3 rooms of family with us and ate in every one of the restaurants. We never had a bad meal. It was very tasty. We will go back at least 1 more time in 2011.

Room Tip: Get the Cabanaclub pass it's worth it
  • Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (221)
Elmhurst, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

We have stayed numerous times at Key Lime Cove and we have always been pleased with our stay. It is a great family place to just relax and have fun. I have 3 girls and they can't ever get enough of the waterpark. Me and my wife also enjoy getting away and spending a couple of days away from home. It is only a short 30 minute ride in the car. I would highly recommend to anyone with or without kids for a fun-filled getaway!!!

Iowa City, Iowa
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2011

It was a family vacation and we chose this place because it is close to Six flags (specially the outdoor water park) and my 5 years old son love water parks and we needed a back up plan so he can still go to a water park even indoor. The water park was great and my son loved but the hotel, staff (front disk), and restaurants are terrible. First we booked a whole package for two days including Six flags ticks and other stuff, I added the breakfast option to the package and I was told that the price was all for the 2 days, and that was a big lie when I arrived there they changed the charge and charged me extra, although I called twice before I book and ask about this specifically and they confirmed twice that what I will pay at the booking including the add on is for the my whole stay. When I complained about it they were so rude and the Manager was even more rude, and they did something only mean and unprofessional people can do, I told them that I have a back problem and please give me a room close to the elevator so I do not have to walk long or take the stairs and what they did they gave me a room that is the most far from the elevator in the entire hotel. I wanted to leave but my wife do not want us to ruin the vacation time ask that w let it go. The food was terrible the breakfast buffet was full of old pastry and old fruit. the other restaurants do not know even how to use salt. Overall I do not recommend this place I have been in many hotels and many countries this place was the worst place I ever stayed in.

Room Tip: Do not stay at the hotel, just visit the waterpark
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, July 20, 2011
Dear TravelMe2020,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us and we are very sorry for your experience. We truly appreciate your feedback and please trust that your concerns have been passed on to the appropriate managers.

We love hearing that you loved the waterpark! KeyLime Cove is a great place for your family vacation and we appreciate that you chose us. We do apologize for your room placement, but we can assure you that the location was not out of meanness. Still we are very sorry as we do try to ensure all of our guests a comfortable stay in paradise.

Your post was discussed with several of our managers and they would be happy to speak with you further about the details. Please call 224-656-8005 and you will be connected with the appropriate manager.

We want to thank you for letting KeyLime Cove accommodate you and your family and truly hope that you consider us again in the future.

Kindest regards,

Your friends at KeyLime Cove
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

We just spent for a 4th of July weekend.. We absolutely love KeyLime Cove. My daughter had so much fun a the water park and also with my 2 year old son. Seeing them have such a great time was the best.. The stuff has always been very friendly and also like the extra activities that they doing each day for the kids...
My family are already talking and planning to our next visit and we really would LoVe to come back!!!

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 4, 2011

An A+ time for the entire family at a very reasonable price. The entire family loved it from the adults to the Toddlers, KeyLime cove has something for everybody. we can not wait to book a stay again for August. Also you must stop by Island Temptations and try some of the goodies and Nia & Amanda are wonderful and will take care of you (Chocloate & Peanut Butter Pretzles). It's people like them that make the choice to return a no brainer

Room Tip: use the website for special deals
Orland Park, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 2, 2011

KeyLime Cove was what our family needed! So close to home yet felt like we were on vacation. Family friendly and clean. What we loved best about KeyLime Cove - when our 15 month old twins got tired we just simply walked back to the hotel room for naps!
We loved it and are planning to be back soon!

Room Tip: Book two nights if possible - best rate.
Elk Grove Village, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

I took my daughter and her 2 cousins to celebrate her birthday. We had a great time. The girls loved the water park and the room. They even got to do a few of the extras. Looking forward to returning soon. Loved that they had free internet. I was able to go into my Netflix via my computer and watch a movie while the girls slept.

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!