“We were very impressed!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersSilver level
“We were very impressed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011 via mobile

Me and my family had a blast so much fun well worth the money!The slides are awesome.The lifeguards keep everyone safe.A great place to get away spend time with the family.Well maintained friendly caring staff.When we first arrived we lost my sons wristband but one of the guys issued us another one without charge,very thankful thankyou keylime cove for an enjoyable visit!

877 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (220)
Madison, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

From the minute we arrived at the KeyLime Cove resort, we knew this was going to be a special vacation. The staff was attentive and friendly and the hotel is beautiful. The room was very nicely sized and very clean. There were extra linens in the dresser drawers, which was a nice touch. We enjoyed the water park and restaurants. The pizza was very good and hit the spot after a long day of swimming and playing in the water park. I really hope to go back and would highly recommend KeyLime Cove for anyone who wants an affordable, clean, relaxing time away with their family and friends. Worth mentioning, the shuttle that took us to Six Flags Great America was so convenient and the driver was great!

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011 via mobile

The hotel was clean, lots to do and very close to all the major events in Gurnee.
The staff was very helpful and nice seemed like they enjoyed working there.
I would like to see locks on the bathroom door in our hotel room.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

Key Lime Cove is a BLAST! My family and I had a great time. The room was very clean and nice. The water park was hours and hours of fun. Everyone that worked in the resort was nice, polite, and really made an effort to include the children.

The only downside is the restaurants / food. They are all massively overpriced and the food is nothing to write home about. It wasn't awful, but it wasn't good. If the food was actually good, I wouldn't mind the high prices. But, this is not the case.
Avoid the breakfast buffet. It was $13.00 each, for my husband and I, and $8.00 for one child (our other child is young enough to be free) $34.00 for the kind of 'buffet' you would get at a cheap hotel that provides continental breakfast.
With all of this said, we will go back, and just either bring a cooler with our own food, or dine at the restaurants that are near the resort.

5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011 via mobile

This was our first time going to keylime cove. It was super nice and the kids loved it. Would go again...

Kankakee, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

This was our first time here and we LOVED it! The staff was so friendly and the resort was so clean. The kids played in the water park from open to close. We also took time to play in the arcade; which was SUPER cool. We ate at a couple of different places and I have to say the Pizza place off of the arcade was the BEST pizza!!!! The price for everything was reasonable. The room itself was great too. We will be coming back!!

chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2011

My husband and I stayed with our toddler and his parents. In a nutshell, I'm impressed with this place - which says a lot since I'm super picky and usually stay in high-end five star properties while traveling. There's a lot of reviews here so I'll try to be brief:

THE GOOD:
1. The service is outstanding. Every single person we encountered, from reservations to front desk and beyond, was extremely friendly and helpful. I had numerous special room requests bc my FIL is disabled and every single one was accomodated. The morning of our arrival, the reservations manager called and offered us complimentary upgrades which we gladly accepted. We frequented the front desk for various issues (which happens when you travel with young children) and each time a different person was there and provided excellent service. Even the room cleaners said good morning in the hallway, and the bellhop was super nice to my daughter. And after leaving, I filled out an online survey, and my comments were personally responded to.

2. The waterpark is very well staffed. I was impressed at how many lifeguards there were, and how tight a ship they ran. Felt completely safe with my toddler in the kiddie area. When she bonked her head, the first aid staff were super attentive and friendly.

3. The rooms are quite nice. Mini fridge, Keurig coffee pot. There's a handy table near the door with a lower shelf on it that I really appreciated to keep stuff organized. It's a nice touch where most hotels would skimp. Bathroom has double sink and shower/tub/toilet behind a separate door. Shower had a Kohler fixture which felt wonderful. Even the towels were soft. Bed was comfortable. Best of all: a ceiling fan!! Great extra. And free wi-fi. Seriously, no hotel should charge for wi-fi.

4. The full-service restaurants serve good food. I was pleasantly surprised, as was my husband - we are both picky foodies and we liked it.

5. Parking lot is huge but after check-in, they can tell you where to park your car that's closest to your room and you can open other exterior doors with your wristband.

6. Cashless resort. Everything charges to your wristband. Very convenient.

THE NOT-AS-GOOD:
1. Noisy! I know it's a family resort and kids are there to have fun, but families with young children need it quiet by 8pm. Signs announcing quiet hours are posted everywhere, but it says 10pm, and there were loud teens and tweens running up and down the halls long after that. It actually kept me awake. There was zero enforcement of quiet hours.

2. The waterpark doesn't open until 9am. Wish it were 8am, on the weekends at least. Again, for families with toddlers that are up at 6am and begging to go swimming by 7am. It's also colder in there than expected - I shivered a lot.

3. The food at the concessions directly across from the waterpark entrance is not good. Only eat there if desperate. Go to the full-service restaurants instead.

4. The a/c unit in the room worked well but I couldn't figure out how to change the settings on it. No instructions anywhere.

5. Check-in lines were horrifically long. I strongly recommend arriving at least an hour before check-in time. Even if your room isn't ready, you can stow your bags and hit the waterpark, and you don't have to waste time in that maddening line.

6. The room rate was a very good value, but $60 extra for guaranteed early check-in is bordering on extortion.

7. There is no on-site fitness center. They offer complimentary access to Gold's Gym across the street, which is a nice gym, but this is no ordinary street. You must cross the enormous parking lot and then the big wide street and then the gym lot too. It's definitely not close enough to feel convenient.

So much for brevity! LOL. Overall, everyone had a great time and more importantly, we felt like we got our money's worth and would definitely return. Hope I helped!

Room Tip: Call to book; rates cheaper by phone vs. online