My husband and I stayed with our toddler and his parents. In a nutshell, I'm impressed with this place - which says a lot since I'm super picky and usually stay in high-end five star properties while traveling. There's a lot of reviews here so I'll try to be brief:
1. The service is outstanding. Every single person we encountered, from reservations to front desk and beyond, was extremely friendly and helpful. I had numerous special room requests bc my FIL is disabled and every single one was accomodated. The morning of our arrival, the reservations manager called and offered us complimentary upgrades which we gladly accepted. We frequented the front desk for various issues (which happens when you travel with young children) and each time a different person was there and provided excellent service. Even the room cleaners said good morning in the hallway, and the bellhop was super nice to my daughter. And after leaving, I filled out an online survey, and my comments were personally responded to.
2. The waterpark is very well staffed. I was impressed at how many lifeguards there were, and how tight a ship they ran. Felt completely safe with my toddler in the kiddie area. When she bonked her head, the first aid staff were super attentive and friendly.
3. The rooms are quite nice. Mini fridge, Keurig coffee pot. There's a handy table near the door with a lower shelf on it that I really appreciated to keep stuff organized. It's a nice touch where most hotels would skimp. Bathroom has double sink and shower/tub/toilet behind a separate door. Shower had a Kohler fixture which felt wonderful. Even the towels were soft. Bed was comfortable. Best of all: a ceiling fan!! Great extra. And free wi-fi. Seriously, no hotel should charge for wi-fi.
4. The full-service restaurants serve good food. I was pleasantly surprised, as was my husband - we are both picky foodies and we liked it.
5. Parking lot is huge but after check-in, they can tell you where to park your car that's closest to your room and you can open other exterior doors with your wristband.
6. Cashless resort. Everything charges to your wristband. Very convenient.
1. Noisy! I know it's a family resort and kids are there to have fun, but families with young children need it quiet by 8pm. Signs announcing quiet hours are posted everywhere, but it says 10pm, and there were loud teens and tweens running up and down the halls long after that. It actually kept me awake. There was zero enforcement of quiet hours.
2. The waterpark doesn't open until 9am. Wish it were 8am, on the weekends at least. Again, for families with toddlers that are up at 6am and begging to go swimming by 7am. It's also colder in there than expected - I shivered a lot.
3. The food at the concessions directly across from the waterpark entrance is not good. Only eat there if desperate. Go to the full-service restaurants instead.
4. The a/c unit in the room worked well but I couldn't figure out how to change the settings on it. No instructions anywhere.
5. Check-in lines were horrifically long. I strongly recommend arriving at least an hour before check-in time. Even if your room isn't ready, you can stow your bags and hit the waterpark, and you don't have to waste time in that maddening line.
6. The room rate was a very good value, but $60 extra for guaranteed early check-in is bordering on extortion.
7. There is no on-site fitness center. They offer complimentary access to Gold's Gym across the street, which is a nice gym, but this is no ordinary street. You must cross the enormous parking lot and then the big wide street and then the gym lot too. It's definitely not close enough to feel convenient.
So much for brevity! LOL. Overall, everyone had a great time and more importantly, we felt like we got our money's worth and would definitely return. Hope I helped!
Call to book; rates cheaper by phone vs. online
See more room tips
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.