“Third Visit” 5 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Belleville, Illinois
“Third Visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 3, 2011

We absolutely love KeyLime Cove. Our children are 2 and 6 years old. Staff has always been very friendly and I love all the extra activities that are planned each day for the children; decorating cookies, dance parties, Wii tournaments...and the kids area where there are board games, coloring sheets, etc available all day. Each time we have stayed the other guests have also been very friendly and courteous. Taking turns on slides and no fighting over floats. I think the food at DW's at breakfast is fantastic....who doesn't love a fresh veggie omelet made right in front of you to gear up for a day of swimming fun.

Room Tip: I like to always ask for a room on the 1st floor
  • Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (231)
South Bend, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

This was our first visit to Keylime Cove and overall we had a blast! One thing I wanna bring up is the security of our children, it is way to easy for a child to wander off and get picked up and taken without anyone even checking to make sure the child belongs with the person leaving, just come and go as you please. Second, theres no paging system in the water park in case of emergencies, ie, while I was having fun with my older son, my fiancee was with her two small boys and one of them got injured and after getting him first aid, she could not locate me for almost an hour.

During a mealtime, we decided to eat at Anderson's for dinner and got a pizza which had to be the most aweful pizza we've ever had, would've been more economical and better tasteing to leave the resort for Pizza Hut.

Lastly, the bathroom doors are extremly hard for kids to operate and even the adults at times.

With all that said, we did have a really great time and I love the idea of having the braclets chipped for easy room access. We spent Memorial Day weekend there and lines weren't too long at all and it was really nice to be able to enjoy a waterpark without the worry of sunburn. Look forward to staying again, just not eating there :).

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I have a family of 4 with (two children) KeyLime Cove was the best and fastest family trip for the, ride was only a hour and when we arrive the children felt as if they were out of Illinois. The pool area was great with swimming guards covering each area. The children loved the Game Room along with the good food and snack. KeyLime Cove you have a Thumbs up from my family.

Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Checking in was easy, customer service was fast and friendly. The room was very clean, and spacious. The waterpark was clean, and fun! My children loved the arcade. The breakfast buffet was a little expensive, but the food was well worth it! We had an amazing time, and we will definately be back!

Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is the 1st time my family has been at a waterpark indoor and it was great. Clean and not very busy kids had alot of fun. Made a reservation for a return visit already

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

KeyLime Cove was a great place to stay. My daughter and I had a girls weekend there and had a great time. The waterpark is fun, the restaraunts were great and the rooms were comfy and inviting. Can't wait to go again!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Like others, I had some hesitation about the resort because of the negative comments. I decided to book the trip anyway to see for myself. I completely disagree with all of the negative comments. Our room was immaculate and the staff was unbelievably attentive. Yes, if you use a debit card for your booking and you want to charge everything back to your room, they do charge $150 upfront. Can you blame them? Signs are clearly posted on the registration desk explaining the $150 fee. The lifeguards were great as well. They were extremely attentative. I could care less if some of them had tattoos. If they are certified and trained to save my child, they can have all the tattoos they want. We only stayed one night. Got there around 11 am on Friday, May 26th and even though we were not scheduled to check into the room until noon, we were able to check in early. The waterpark was basically empty so my 3 year old was able to really enjoy herself. After 4 pm, however, the park was pretty packed. Kids were pushing my daughter and cutting in front of her for the slide. I blame the parents for not watching their kids. PLEASE PARENTS, TELL YOUR KIDS TO BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER KIDS ESPECIALLY THE LITTLE ONES. I realize everyone is excited but please remember safety first.

• Stayed May 2011, traveled with family

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!