“Greatest Water Park and Resort” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
Chicago, Illinois
“Greatest Water Park and Resort”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2011

I have a family of 4 with (two children) KeyLime Cove was the best and fastest family trip for the, ride was only a hour and when we arrive the children felt as if they were out of Illinois. The pool area was great with swimming guards covering each area. The children loved the Game Room along with the good food and snack. KeyLime Cove you have a Thumbs up from my family.

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Racine, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Checking in was easy, customer service was fast and friendly. The room was very clean, and spacious. The waterpark was clean, and fun! My children loved the arcade. The breakfast buffet was a little expensive, but the food was well worth it! We had an amazing time, and we will definately be back!

Bloomington, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is the 1st time my family has been at a waterpark indoor and it was great. Clean and not very busy kids had alot of fun. Made a reservation for a return visit already

Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

KeyLime Cove was a great place to stay. My daughter and I had a girls weekend there and had a great time. The waterpark is fun, the restaraunts were great and the rooms were comfy and inviting. Can't wait to go again!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Like others, I had some hesitation about the resort because of the negative comments. I decided to book the trip anyway to see for myself. I completely disagree with all of the negative comments. Our room was immaculate and the staff was unbelievably attentive. Yes, if you use a debit card for your booking and you want to charge everything back to your room, they do charge $150 upfront. Can you blame them? Signs are clearly posted on the registration desk explaining the $150 fee. The lifeguards were great as well. They were extremely attentative. I could care less if some of them had tattoos. If they are certified and trained to save my child, they can have all the tattoos they want. We only stayed one night. Got there around 11 am on Friday, May 26th and even though we were not scheduled to check into the room until noon, we were able to check in early. The waterpark was basically empty so my 3 year old was able to really enjoy herself. After 4 pm, however, the park was pretty packed. Kids were pushing my daughter and cutting in front of her for the slide. I blame the parents for not watching their kids. PLEASE PARENTS, TELL YOUR KIDS TO BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER KIDS ESPECIALLY THE LITTLE ONES. I realize everyone is excited but please remember safety first.

Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

What a wonderful time! The resort was fantastic and the staff was upbeat and personable. So much going on for everyone. The waterpark was awesome, and the lifeguards were very attentive. The arcade was great also, with tons of games.... We can't wait to go back!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011 via mobile

We are very pleased with our stay! We apparently visited at the slowest time of the year (midweek before school ends), and we almost have the resort to ourselves. No waiting anywhere at any time! Staff is attentive. Our room is clean and pretty nice considering it's a resort for families with wet young children. The minifridge is a nice touch. Lots of room for all 4 of us, even with a crib. The waterpark itself is clean and fun. There is a nicely stocked arcade that my 5 year old thinks is the most awesome place ever. And everyone is issued a wristband upon checkin, making the whole resort essentially cash-free. My only disappointment is in the on-site dining. I did not see 2 of the main restaurants open at all during our stay, which may just be a result of the high vacancy right now. But definitely check that before you book. Also, the quality of the food may not be what I would consider high, but the location of the hotel allows for many many outside dining options.

• Stayed May 2011

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!