“First time and was wonderful” 5 of 5 stars

Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
GreenLeadersGold level
Bloomington, Illinois
“First time and was wonderful”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

This is the 1st time my family has been at a waterpark indoor and it was great. Clean and not very busy kids had alot of fun. Made a reservation for a return visit already

832 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (209)
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

KeyLime Cove was a great place to stay. My daughter and I had a girls weekend there and had a great time. The waterpark is fun, the restaraunts were great and the rooms were comfy and inviting. Can't wait to go again!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

Like others, I had some hesitation about the resort because of the negative comments. I decided to book the trip anyway to see for myself. I completely disagree with all of the negative comments. Our room was immaculate and the staff was unbelievably attentive. Yes, if you use a debit card for your booking and you want to charge everything back to your room, they do charge $150 upfront. Can you blame them? Signs are clearly posted on the registration desk explaining the $150 fee. The lifeguards were great as well. They were extremely attentative. I could care less if some of them had tattoos. If they are certified and trained to save my child, they can have all the tattoos they want. We only stayed one night. Got there around 11 am on Friday, May 26th and even though we were not scheduled to check into the room until noon, we were able to check in early. The waterpark was basically empty so my 3 year old was able to really enjoy herself. After 4 pm, however, the park was pretty packed. Kids were pushing my daughter and cutting in front of her for the slide. I blame the parents for not watching their kids. PLEASE PARENTS, TELL YOUR KIDS TO BE RESPECTFUL OF OTHER KIDS ESPECIALLY THE LITTLE ONES. I realize everyone is excited but please remember safety first.

Davenport, Iowa
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 31, 2011

What a wonderful time! The resort was fantastic and the staff was upbeat and personable. So much going on for everyone. The waterpark was awesome, and the lifeguards were very attentive. The arcade was great also, with tons of games.... We can't wait to go back!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2011 via mobile

We are very pleased with our stay! We apparently visited at the slowest time of the year (midweek before school ends), and we almost have the resort to ourselves. No waiting anywhere at any time! Staff is attentive. Our room is clean and pretty nice considering it's a resort for families with wet young children. The minifridge is a nice touch. Lots of room for all 4 of us, even with a crib. The waterpark itself is clean and fun. There is a nicely stocked arcade that my 5 year old thinks is the most awesome place ever. And everyone is issued a wristband upon checkin, making the whole resort essentially cash-free. My only disappointment is in the on-site dining. I did not see 2 of the main restaurants open at all during our stay, which may just be a result of the high vacancy right now. But definitely check that before you book. Also, the quality of the food may not be what I would consider high, but the location of the hotel allows for many many outside dining options.

• Stayed May 2011
Homewood, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2011

Attended the Scout Troop Splash-tastic Overnight Getaway Overnighter with teenage girls. My Girl Scout Troop has decided that they will never go back to KeyLime Cove. The hotel provided a troop check-in counter which was helpful. There were 2 employees handling the check-in at first but then there was only one so the process was slow. The employees at the counter were polite and helpful. We ordered pizza from the Pizzeria, it was actually good. We ate ice cream at D.W. Anderson and it was great! The young lady working at the counter was very friendly. The game room was large with lots of games to choose from. We decied to eat breakfast at Cracker Barrel so it was great!

The hotel room was very clean. We forgot our own shampoo so it would have been nice to have had more shampoo in the room. Called down for additonal coffee cups and they were promptly delivered. Unfortunately the rooms are not very sound proof so it was easy to hear the loud people walking down the hallway. The people in the room on the floor above us woke up at about 5:00 am and allowed the kids to run around the room, thus making a lot of noise and waking us up a lot ealier than what we wanted. Not very considerate.

Now for the water park.......We expected the park to be larger. The changing room/bathroom in the water park was dirty and NOT sanitized. There was dirty water and toilet paper on the floor and the room had an odor. I sat down from the changing room and noticed a lady with a mop only twice but no bucket with cleaning products and no other cleaning supplies. Also the floors and tables inside the waterpark were not clean and I never saw anyone wipe down the tables. Be sure to keep shoes on your feet. The young ladies in my troop also informed me the water was not very clean and that when they stood next to the lights in the lazy river they could see particles floating in the water. There were not enough tubes available for the amount of people in the water park which I also felt was over crowded. It appeared that some people would walk around with their tubes instead of allowing someone else the opportunity to have a turn on the slides. Fortunately some of the life guards noticed this was nice enough to ask the people to pass their tube on to someone else.

We all agreed that for health and safety reasons KeyLime Cove should hire more people and do a much better job of keeping the water park clean!!!!! We do not plan to ever return.

• Stayed May 2011
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2011
Dear Diamond14120,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us. KeyLime Cove works hard to make each and every one of our guest’s experiences a truly amazing and memorable one.

I am glad that you were able to utilize our group check-in line with your troop, which makes the process much faster and easier for you. Thank you for your feedback on Anna Chovy’s Pizzeria, D.W. Anderson’s and RipTide Reef Arcade and that’s great that you were able to enjoy these destinations during your stay too.

I am very sorry for your disappointment in our waterpark. Just so you are aware of our procedures, the Park Services staff does check and clean the locker rooms every hour. The aquatics Supervisors and Head Guards take laps around the waterpark to pick up towels and clean regularly. Please know that having top quality safety and security is of the utmost importance here at the resort. Everyone on our staff does everything possible to make sure all of our guests are safe and having a splash-tacular stay.

Thank for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you!

Kindest regards,

Your friends at KeyLime Cove
IL
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2011

I hate to have to write a bad review about a place we really had loved and had so much fun at but it's really gone down hill. I thought of it as a very high-class place to stay and now the clientele is anything but! We sprung for a Mangrove suite this time and really enjoyed the extra space, private bedroom and 2 TV's but altho the room was clean, it is clearly getting beat up. Chipped paint on furniture, nicks and gouges, couch had lost all it's support and you felt like you were going to land on the floor plus it had stains. Again, they seem to be catering to the low-lifes. It is not the once very nice family/kid friendly place which is sad. We have been many times in the past, starting from when they first opened in '08 but I honestly don't think we'll be back. We had mix ups, rudeness, just plain lazy employees who didn't want to do their jobs. A meal I had in Crazy Toucan's probably should have been reported to the health department. I ordered the Cuban sandwich which was to be pulled pork, cheese and ham slices on toasted roll. I was eating it for a while and thought something didn't taste right or feel right in my mouth. Opened the sandwich and found the pork was nothing but horrible hunks of globby fat, like I was served trimmings off meat and it should have gone in the garbage. I almost threw up and next day I had quite the stomach ache! Of course I didn't have to pay for the meal and was offered something else but by that point I just wanted to get out of there. We did have a good pizza on our first night, ordered from the room and then picked up and ate in the suite. Tried to get sundaes at DW Anderson's and the employees were more interested in counting money and chit chatting and after waiting too long, we just left....it was one thing after another and by reading some of the other posts I think this is the norm now. They just don't care, they don't have good help, you do not have the feeling of being in a high class resort at all. It's just gone sooooo down and unless they make big improvements, I predict that it will be out of business. We are also good customers of Great Wolf Lodge and Blue Harbor and now will just go there and won't waste our money at KLC. It's sad that we won't be coming back because we have had such a good time in the past. Also no one is enforcing any of the rules so there are many guests just running amuck, thus ruining the enjoyment!

Room Tip: go elsewhere