“My kids put this place on the same level as Disney!!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Six Flags Ride and Slide
Ranked #1 of 12 hotels in Gurnee
Appleton, Wisconsin
“My kids put this place on the same level as Disney!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2011

I don't know how people can rip this place to shreds!! We had one of the best vacations ever here. My daughter said she liked it as much as Disney if we could stay longer. I loved that there are more things to do then just the water park like the game area and craft area. I love the cute stores and restaurants. They were voting on pumpkins the staff had carved while we were there...the staff was fun and trying to persuade us to vote for the ones they did...do we had lots of fun with that.

Love the Keurig coffee machine in the room...what a nice treat. Nice flat screen tvs and an ipod clock was a very nice touch. I thought the entire place was very clean so I don't know what other people are talking about.

Every staff member greeted us and when we wanted to use our own dvd player to watch some movies we realized the remote we had would not switch the input so I called and the guy was seriously at our room in 3 mins. He gave us the right remote that came with the tv and solved the problem which was big deal to us cause we had a new movie we got just for the trip.

Also something else I will never forget is this man in the game room. I don't think he worked there but services the machines. He was fixing some things and got talking with me. We discovered that we both had recently lost our fathers and he made me feel better! He then let both my kids pick out a very large candy bar from the machine. Also, my daughter won this cool stuffed thing and when he saw my son trying to win the same one in a different color (after putting in lots of money) he went and got one for him! It just a really cool thing to do and made our day.

My kids loved the waterpark and so did my husband and I. The only thing negative I can say is that there were some disrespectful kids in the pool area but the life guard took care of it. Also the hot tub is adults only which most people would like but my husband and I had to take turns and couldn't go together...not sure how to fix that though cause a million kids in the hot tub would be worse...ha ha!

The shuttle to Great America was very nice! We had a nice driver and nice van so we didn't have to pay for parking over there.

We liked it so much we are thinking of going back next Halloween time and we can't wait!!

Great Job and wonderful customer service. I have had some bad experiences in the dells too! Btw we got a really great deal for the room for two nights on the internet.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family

820 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
Cary, Illinois
2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

We went there expecting to have a good time and we were VERY disapointed. The rooms were nice, I will give them that, but the water park not so much. The best thing about the place is that there are a ton of resturants within 5 minutes. We did only eat at one of the restaurants, but it was very disappointing. We stayed Friday and Saturday night and it was one night to long. I did notice that in the morning there seemed to be more families and though out the course of the day the class of people seem to drop of quit abit, I hate to say that, but you should know this, remember the song "the freaks come out at night" very fitting here. In the morning the halls looked like a college dorm, trash everywhere. I had to run out to my car later in the night and passed a car with 4 gentlemen smoking pot in the lot. This was my biggest issue and why I say beware....they charged my card (debt) over $1000 dollars. Now they did reimburse me what was owed to me....the problem....it will take 7-10 business days to be put back in my account. I suggest driving the extra hour or so to one of the resorts in Wisconsin, for what you would pay in gas to get there they are that much cheaper and that much better.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 30, 2011
Dear Dayotte27,

Thank you very much for reaching out to us and on behalf of the resort I sincerely apologize for your family’s experience.

I am sorry that you did not enjoy the waterpark or our restaurants. We pride ourselves on top customer service at all of our destinations and I apologize if your stay was not splash-tastic. I am glad that we were able to take care of the billing error for you and apologize for the inconvenience.

We want to thank you for letting KeyLime Cove accommodate you and your family and hope that you do give us the opportunity to do so again in the future.

Libertvyille, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 20, 2011

I was worried after reading some reviews but decided to give this place a go since we live 5 minutes away and needed a mini-vacation. I wanted to come back and leave a positive review. Let me preface this by letting you know I am used to staying at Days Inn/Baymont Suites/other $60-90 per night type place and am not a nit-picky person.

We stayed during their St. Patty's day special. We arrived at 3pm, waited in line approx. 10 minutes and got checked-in very efficiently. We were allowed into our room before the official 4 pm time. The room was clean and very nice (no bed bugs). Enough towels/glasses/etc for our 4 person reservation. Everything worked - loved the in room safe and Keurig coffee maker. Only complaint is the pillows were too fluffy! ;) Hallways were a little bit noisy but kids are excited all the time in this place. They do have quiet hours between 11pm-8am and maybe I'm a sound sleeper but did not hear any noise after about 10pm. (Also, the whole resort is non-smoking which I love!)

After changing, we headed right for the water park. I did not think it was overly crowded (we later found out the hotel was booked to capacity which surprised me). The floors are slippery (Caution: Wet Floor signs were everywhere) but what else would you expect with wet people dripping everywhere. I would recommend water shoes for small kids but as long as you take your time like we did, we had no issue. The lifeguards were everywhere and very friendly and attentive. There was a limited supply of life jackets for children but every time I passed the window, they had a few hanging there. The water was warm and air temp was comfortable. You did have to wait a few minutes for the tubes for the lazy river but again, it wasn't terribly long. HINT: take your own towels for the walk back to your room or you will be cold as they don't let you take the pool towels out of the area.

We ate dinner at D.W. Anderson's. While the table behind us complained about the wait (and got free ice cream b/c of it), we had our appetizer out in the time it takes to take two small children to the bathroom. The manager was right out to that table and I feel like they acted appropriately (every interaction I saw with staff during our whole stay was very friendly/helpful). I had no issue with the service (if you're complaining about the wait time, why would you stay longer for ice cream? I think someone was just grasping for freebies.) The food was good and fairly priced. If you're expecting gourmet cuisine, this is not the place for you.

The arcade had a variety of games but some took 4 tokens which makes your $5/20 tokens go pretty quickly so we avoided those.

My 6 yr old daughter loved the kid's spa. She got her first mani/pedi. Again, we walked right in without an appointment and no wait. A little pricey but hey, it was a special treat.

Both my 6yr old and 4 yr old liked the Leapin' Lizards area as they are big into crafts. The attendants were great with the kids but there were only 2 for the whole room. As one was busy doing hair braiding, the parents really needed to stay and help the younger kids.

Breakfast buffet at D.W. Andersons was very good. Lots of variety. Was a little disappointed that you couldn't even get a freebie breakfast though. But our waitress was great. Kids 3 and under eat free and when she found out our daughter was only 4, she let her eat free (without us even thinking of asking that).

Checked out and then swam for about 3 more hours before heading him. We could have stayed til 10pm but both kids and hubby were worn out.

One last thing, the whole resort is on this moneyless wristband system. When you check in every member of your party gets wristbands that act as your room key and allow you to charge anything from meals/tokens/services to your room. Younger kids just get plain bands so they can get in the pool area but older kids that may go off on their own can get pre-loaded bands to limit spending. I absolutely love this system (though you can easily spend) and can see many more resorts picking it up. HINT: Since you can stay at all day after checkout, make sure you charge anything you may need (extra tokens, locker at pool) before you check out or your wristband will no longer work.

While I couldn't see staying more than 1-2 days, this place was great for the variety of activities and for the price. I'm highly recommending it to all my friends/family.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed March 18, 2011 via mobile

Looked at all the reviews the night before,( too late to cancel. No issues checking in, fine experience. Went to the room, out the elevator fine as we progressed down the hall we were greeted with an unusual smell. No stench in the room but they could really be cleaned better.
Went down to the water-park , it was really hot and humid and clorine like Wow! I get it that it's needed but it ate at all of my groups skin. The kids area was dirty, the floor throughout the entire perimeter area had stangnat water everywhere "bacteria playground" . There is defiantly an
aray a people. Myself and my other half witnessed "two" separate " lost kid" frantic parent, situations. The bathrooms in the water park area NASTY. Shoes are a must!!! The game area has a weird smell too.
Its, a total surprise that it's still in
business. The dells is a better
option by far!!! I was really
dissapointed by far.....
The entire night was echoing rooms of most likely un-attended children causing havoc. When we woke up got our stuff ready and left our room it smelled nothing less then that of chain-smoking room after room. No order in this place at all. Good luck to key lime cove I hope you can CLEAN up your act and put a lot of order and pride into your business. Summer is coming and gas prices are going up people read reviews and will soon wise up and go other places. One un-happy guest equals 10 people who will never come.

• Stayed March 2011
Dear Inthebizgirl,

Thank you very much for your feedback. We appreciate your feedback and apologize for your experience.

Please know that everyone on our staff does everything possible to make sure all of our guests are having a splash-tacular stay. We always encourage our guests to speak with our staff about any issues, such as cleanliness and security, as they have been trained to address and rectify your concerns in a timely fashion.

Our waterpark is always 82 degrees and sunny so that our guests can get away from the cold for a while and enjoy our tropical paradise. Since we are so close to Six Flags, KeyLime Cove is also a great summer vacation spot.

Racine, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

After reading the negative reviews I just had to put a positve spin on Keylime Cove. We had a quick little family weekend getaway. It was great! The customer service was awesome! The staff really likes their job and are happy to be there. From the front desk, to the waterpark, kids craft area, restaurants, etc. The hotel and waterpark were very clean. Great job! We had a great time and will definately be back!

Racine, Wi
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2011

My husband and I and 6 of our grandchildren (ages 5 to 10) spent the weekend at Key Lime. We checked in at 1 PM on Friday and the room was ready for us and we went into the waterpark. We ate 2 dinners and 2 breakfasts at DW Andersons and loved the food and service. We were very impressed with the attentive attitude of all the lifeguards and security personnel. We encountered no problems. We realize that if you go to a waterpark on a weekend you will encounter lots of noise and exhuberant kids. We had a great time and would definitely come back on another occasion. The kids all really enjoyed the game room, which costs quite a bit extra but if you go
there you know that ahead of time and prepare for it. All of the staff were super friendly and helpful.

Bartlett, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 5, 2011

You would think they handed out free passes at Chicago and Milwaukee's juvenile detention centers... The parents are even worse - Getting drunk around the pool during the day... Classy... Not at all what I expected or what is represented on the website. Total lack of decency among most of the guests... Tattooed, drunk and swearing in the halls and pool area in front of the kids. Tried to get some sleep but a little after 10:00 PM someone thought it would be fun to pull the fire alarm and send hundreds of people outside for 1/2 hour in 30 degree weather while the Gurnee Fire Department checked it out. The staff are useless, and are just as inked up and dirty looking as most of the guests. This will be first and last visit... Darn non refundable deposits, or I would have left tonight when the fire alarms went off and taken my kids to a truely family friendly place in the suburbs during the day tomorrow. I'm really disappointed, and if this place keeps selling rooms at 80% off the regular rate this is what they are going to continue to attract. NOT a family friendly environment.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled with family
slumi, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, April 20, 2011
Dear Bearsfan158,

On behalf of the entire resort, I would like to apologize for your family’s experience. Everyone here at KeyLime Cove strives to make your experience here splash-tastic, and I appreciate the feedback from your stay.

We do ask that all of our guests abide by the quiet hours so as to create a relaxing, tropi-cool atmosphere. Our security staff works diligently to make sure that our guests who choose to enjoy this feature can do so. We do encourage all of our guests to speak with our staff about any major issues, such as security, noise, or safety because they have been trained to address and rectify your concerns in a timely fashion.

Again, we do apologize the inconvenience of the fire alarm, however as safety comes first it was vital for Gurnee Fire Department to thoroughly investigate this issue.

Thank you for giving KeyLime Cove the opportunity to accommodate you and your family and we do hope that you will consider us again in the future.

Your friends at KeyLime Cove

Been to KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort? Share your experiences!