“It's not Wisconsin Dells, but it is 2 hours closer to home” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Gurnee
Libertyville
27 attraction reviews
“It's not Wisconsin Dells, but it is 2 hours closer to home”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2013

This waterpark and resort was a good combination of the best features of my favorite WI Dells water parks on a smaller scale and closer to home in IL. It has a few exciting tube slides and body slides, a little lazy river, a little wave pool, and an awesome medium-sized little kid area, (and a teeny tiny little kid area that I did not check out at all). The kid area had a giant bucket dump, multiple sprayers and water cannons, and sit down slides. The life guards were terrific and there were plenty of them. My only complaint was the lack of seating on a busy holiday weekend. We got lucky with a little patience. The lockers were the Pay-once, reserve-all-day variety. These can sell out quickly on a busy weekend, so head there first. There were kid art activities that we did not have to pay for, (some for purchase). The room was quiet after 11pm and spacious. We got a suite with 2 queens and a separate slide door room with TV and pull out sofa. We were only there for an overnight so did not check out the cool-looking arcade. I took 2-9yr old girls, and 2-7 year old girls and they had a blast. Dells-experienced teens might be underwhelmed. This was the only water park within 100 miles that allowed me to book a single night during Presidents' Day weekend. One last tidbit, no nose covering snorkel style masks are allowed in the lazy river or wave pool. I hope you find a deal, it was pricy for me for the above reasons. However, I was not dissatisfied.

Visited February 2013
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 21, 2013
Dear Jen B,
Thank you for sharing your fun-tube-ulous review! We are thrilled to hear that you had so much fun staying with us in paradise. We appreciate that you enjoyed splishin’ and splashin’ on all the attractions in the waterpark. Our lifeguards take the responsibility of ensuring the safety of our guests very seriously. Weekends do tend to be busier with most people off work and children off school. The seating and lockers available for rent in the waterpark are on a first come first served basis. As for our arts and crafts activity center, Leapin’ Lizards, we offer many activities and games for the whole family at no additional cost. We also offer crafts like ceramics and sand art for an additional fee. We are happy to hear that you found your room spacious and the hallways quiet after quiet hours. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we hope to see you again soon!
Have a splash-tastic day!

Round Lake, Illinois
“Unsettled”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

I jet made reservations for this weekend nd all the reviews are kinda upsetting....it's gnu be my sons 10 th birthday but I didn't pay for a birthday package cuz it was jst to much money...but I'm concerned bat bugs nd no one has yet to answer me about the check in...even though my rm my not be ready till 1 or 4 pm m I still able to come and check in by 9 am and swim the day? Cuz I paid over 300$ and it's not worth it to do it for a Couple hours....and then I want to knw the next morning when I wake up even though we check out by 11am we can stillmuse the watermark till9pm right....I hope so...thnx ruthie georgiou res... For march 3rd to the 4th......

Visited March 2013
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 5, 2013
Dear Ruthie G,
Thank you for sharing your questions with us. Our standard check-in time is 4pm but you may arrive as early as 1pm to begin utilizing the waterpark. If you wish to enter the waterpark earlier, you will have to pay extra for early check-in. Check-out is at 11am but you may use the waterpark the entire day of check-out. Please know that the entire staff at KeyLime Cove takes the issue of bed bugs very seriously as it has become a concern throughout all hotels. Bed bugs arrive on the clothing or in the suitcases of guests from infested homes or other hotels. KeyLime Cove’s goal is always to be as proactive as possible. Our staff has been professionally trained in bed bug detection. We provide canine inspections of our resort rooms throughout the year. KeyLime Cove has procedures in place to investigate a complaint of bed bugs, and react swiftly and immediately if any are found. Our elimination process is held to a high professional standard. We can say with confidence that incidents have been few and isolated. If you ever have any other questions please don’t hesitate to email dwarren@keylimecove.com. Thank you again for sharing your questions.
Kindest regards,
Plainfield, Illinois
42 attraction reviews
“Lot's of water fun”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

The waterpark is outstanding! Took my three and four year old daughter along with my thirteen year old and her two friends. The key to this park is all the activities they have for the little ones.

Visited February 2013
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, March 1, 2013
Dear Travelinguy517,
Wow, what a splash-tastic review! Thank you for sharing your comments with us. We are so pleased to hear that everyone enjoyed splishin’ and splashin’ around in the waterpark. We hope to see you again soon!
Have a fun-tube-ulous day!
Chicago, Illinois
6 attraction reviews
“A very nice weekend indeed!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 12, 2013

We decided after days of deliberation to head over to the Key Lime Cove for the last 2 days of winter break. Read all the reviews (most are good) but just wasn't sure how it would compare to a Dells Resort (like the Wilderness) which we have been to many times and like alot. Their internet price per weekend night was $80 per night more too than what the Wilderness was offering. We decided we would rather drive 30 mins. to Key Lime Cove than 2 1/2 hrs. up to the Dells. I waited to the last minute because when I called they weren't real booked and I wanted to see the rate drop. Well in route it did and we checked in at a great rate (almost close to The Wilderness price) We took the chance and so glad we did. I have 12 year old twins so one of my concerns was the water park being a dissapointment to them which while it didn't "dissapoint them" it definately is on the smaller side...tiny actually compared to The Wilderness. But it was enough to keep them happy for a few days. The water is warm (almost bath warm) which I loved. It has everything, just on a smaller scale. Lazy river, wave pool and miniture sized thrill slides. No fear factor there but still somewhat fun. Arcade was the best. We easily spent most of our time there. My kids LOVED it! Clean, new and modern. There is also lots of tables and seating throughout the arcade where you can grab a snack or lunch and sit and eat. Music is played throughout the whole hotel which gives it a fun, uplifting feeling (danced our way down the hallways on several occassions). There are a few shops, one that is just filled with beautiful stuff from jewelry to home decor. My daughter and I spent an hour just looking at everything. Cute candy shop that sells all kinds of candy, icecream, pastries, small breakfast fare and coffee. The Toucan Bar and Grill was pretty decent. Many drink specials and a fun atmosphere on a smaller scale. There were pretty good food options and as far as prices go...I think this hotel is alot better than the other water park resorts I've been to. There is no fine dining but who needs that at a waterpark hotel? and of course next to Gurnee Mills Mall you can leave the hotel and have your pick of restaurants. Staff from candy shop to housekeeping was just the nicest I've ever encountered. You were always greeted with a hello, goodmorning. A++ there and I am picky about that when I'm spending my money at a hotel...I want friendly workers. Room was above average for this type of hotel. The decor was tropical (amost in a cheesy way) but it added to the enjoyment of being away from home and feeling like you were in a warmer location in this country. The room was very large and clean. The set-up was very nice for a family (we had the standard dble. queen, plenty of room). No complaints there at all. Beds and pillows were decent too. I would recommend staying here during slower periods like weekdays. The last night we were there the place was pretty packed and it made a big difference. The pool was just way too crowded. That aside for the right time and rate I would definately recommend Key Lime Cove. It was just enough and kept us happy and occupied for 2 days. Also...for people with smaller children. The kiddie pool is great! gated with a lifegard and only for the little ones. They also seem to have plenty of tables and seeting in the pool area along with a small snack shop and bar to purchase cocktails. Unlike some of the other reviewers I really thought their prices for drinks/food were not too bad for a water park hotel. There is also a kids crafty room, prob more for the younger kids but my 12 year olds still enjoyed it! They also have an adorable kiddie spa which we did not do, but it was very cute for the little girls. Note that they do have bellhop service and ONLY bellhops can use the luggage carts so unless you want to haul your stuff in with no cart, you may want to use bellhop and of course tip him. We happened to have a room on the outside perimeter, which has a roadway. Cannot park there but can pull up, haul your stuff through your patio door and then go park. This was of course a first floor exterior room. I hope Keylime Cove continues their level of service because it's really good! A previous review said there was just something about this place they liked....I agree...Relaxing, content happy stay for the parents and the kids loved it.

Visited January 2013
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, January 22, 2013
Dear vacationfrenzie,
Thank you for sharing your fun-tube-ulous review! We are thrilled to hear how much you and your family enjoyed staying with us in paradise! Our location can be quite convenient, nearly equal distance from Chicago and Milwaukee, for Northern Illinois and Southern Wisconsin residents. Our 84° waterpark seems to have been a hit with our warm air and water temperatures and the attractions such as the wave pool, lazy river and slides. It also seems that the arcade, RipTide Reef, was the overall favorite outlet for you and your family from the large number of games to plenty of places to sit and take a break. The overall theme of the resort, including the décor and music, is designed to make families feel transported into paradise and we are pleased to hear that this was the case for you and your family. As for our retail shops, there is a wide variety of keepsakes that could keep any family busy when trying to decide on which ones to bring home. Our staff strives to provide exceptional customer service to our guests from clean rooms to friendly attitudes. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed our food outlets and that you thought that the pricing was reasonable. Our Queen Deluxe Stateroom, with two queen beds and a pull out sofa, seems to have been a good fit for your family. Thank you again for sharing your feedback and we hope to see you and your family with us in paradise again soon!
Kindest regards,
Elgin, Illinois
10 attraction reviews
“amazing”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 5, 2013

i think that the water park is a great place to go. the arcade is amazing 10,000 square feet of arcade.

Visited July 2012
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, January 10, 2013
Dear mitch k,
Thanks for sharing your splash-tastic review! We are happy to hear that you find Lost Paradise Indoor Waterpark to be a great place to go and that you enjoy our arcade. Looking forward to having you with us in paradise again soon!
Have a fun-tastic day!