“So many things to do for the kids!!” 4 of 5 stars

Improve this listing
Ranked #3 of 10 things to do in Gurnee
Streamwood, IL
14 attraction reviews
“So many things to do for the kids!!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 4, 2012

I took my son and a friend for a long weekend during days off of school. What was really nice was that we go to private school so public schools were not off and on Thursday and most of Friday we basically had the place to ourselves!! Of course there were other people there but it was sparse.

The waterpark was clean and the boys had a blast. What I particularly liked was that it was a fairly small area. being that I was the only adult there with 2 boys, I didn't have to worry much about them being so far away from me that I couldnt' get to them in a very short time. The toilet bowl waterslide was the BEST!! The body slides weren't so great, pretty slow actually.

So the 2 week days we were at the park (Thursday and Friday) were very enjoyable because there were so few people there but around 3pm or so on Friday the place started to fill up. And in my opinion the people that came were a bit unseemly... There were loud conversations of the nature that I wouldn't want my 9 yr old to hear and people with kids wearing regular diapers, YUCK!!! Glad my boys were too old for the baby poops (I mean pools!) :( The boys were bored by about 4pm so we left anyway.

it was nice to have the Gurnee Mills Mall so close also, so when the boys got bored we went to the mall and 'bummed around'. I found a groupon for their Reptile 'Museum', I can't remember the name of it, but it was AMAZING!! Definitely worth the 6 or 7 bucks per person to see these amazing creatures, the kids loved it.

The hotel was fine. We didn't find any obnoxious smell in the room, it was clean and decent. The boys switched off from the bed to the hide-a-bed and everyone seemed to sleep well. We were on the 2nd floor, just down from the waterpark, good location, not a lot of loud noises in the hall, but I could only imagine if we had stayed the weekend!!

The food at the hotel was ok, 'theme-park' priced as far as I'm concerned. We only ate lunch there, there are so many places to go eat around there there was no reason for us to stay there and eat.

They had LOTS of fun activities for the kids, make sure you go to the scavenger hunt, the boys loved that. Also because it was near Halloween they had pumpkin painting and we had a blast doing that also. And all the activities were basically free, which is nice. You could upgrade to a bigger pumpkin to paint for $5 but you didn't have to.

The arcade is a total money-sucker!! But like Chuck-e-cheese, it's a main attraction and is good for some entertainment time. The people behind the counter at the arcade where SUPER nice and always very accommodating and patient as the little guys chose their prizes!!

My recommendation is to go mid-week and avoid this place like the plague on the weekend!

Also, go online to get specials. I even found a better special after I booked and they reduced the price for me, very acommodating as far as reservations are concerned.

Overall we had a great time and would do it again (but again, not on the weekend!)

Visited October 2012
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear jfreak5,
Thank you for sharing your splash-tastic feedback! We are thrilled to hear that you, your son and your son’s friend had such a good time staying with us. It seems that you chose a perfect time to stay seeing as how you had almost the whole waterpark to yourselves. It appears that the waterpark was a big hit with everyone, especially the Hurricane Vortex slide. Hopefully you took advantage of our free shuttle service we offer that takes guests to and from Gurnee Mills Mall for shopping or adventures such as reptile tours. We are pleased that you were satisfied with the cleanliness of the resort and your overnight room and that everyone found the beds to be comfortable. It is wonderful to hear that you took advantage of our paint a pumpkin or gourd craft with your son and his friend that we had up for the month of October. There are several activities that are free for guests to participate in our arts and crafts activity center Leapin’ Lizards every day of the week. Thank you again for sharing your stay with us! We hope to see your party of three in paradise again soon!
Have a fun-tube-ulous day!

Chicago, Illinois
4 attraction reviews
“Overpriced Chuck e Cheese. Poor”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Maybe good for 8 and under kids with parents that want to spend too much for poor food and service. Would not recommend to anyone...

Visited November 2012
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, November 29, 2012
Dear ChicagoFamily,
Thank you for sharing your feedback. We apologize if you did not enjoy your time in Lost Paradise Indoor Waterpark. We feel that there is something for everyone in our waterpark including small slides, a wave pool, lazy river, large body slides, tube slides and an 18 and older hot tub. We can only hope that you will reconsider our waterpark in the future.
Kindest regards,
Schaumburg, Illinois, United States
21 attraction reviews
“Fun to play, hard to sleep”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 13, 2012

Just went there with kids. The water park is warm, good for young kids. It was also fun, we all enjoyed it. There were also games, art class, shops and food. Basically we enjoyed it.

The hotel room, on the other hand, is not that good. The room does not have the vent you usually see in a hotel room, so the first breath after I entered the room was bad. There was an air-con unit, I turned it on. But it is either too hot or too cold, it doesn't know when to stop. I found the shower only has cold water and called the service, after about 15 minutes some stuff came, found the hot/cold valve was installed wrongly, so you just need to turn it on a little bit to get hot water, turn it to the end to get cold water. What an interesting shower! The bed was too soft and not in a good shape (too many kids bounced on it?), we could hear people walking/running outside or kids crying in other rooms, so we didn't sleep well.

Oh yes, the locker beside the water charges 6 dollars, so I didn't use it. Make sure you bring your own flip flops, you may also want to bring your own towel for walking to/back from the water park.

Four points for the water park fun, 2 points for the room condition, so I gave 3 points as the average.

Visited November 2012
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, November 14, 2012
Dear GuangY,
Thank you for sharing your comments about your recent stay with us. We are very pleased to hear that you and your family enjoyed playing in Lost Paradise Indoor Waterpark. As for your overnight room, thank you for allowing our staff to come into the room to remedy the issue with your shower. We try our best to immediately respond to any issue/concern that our guests might have to ensure that their stay goes swimmingly. Thank you again for your feedback and we hope that you and your family visit us again in the future.
Kindest regards,
Crystal Lake, Illinois
“Not just for the kids!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2012

We were invited to join my son, daughter in law and three kids for an over night stay.
We had a blast!
Don't think KeyLime Cove is a place for kids only, we would come back and stay with out the kids!!!

Visited November 2012
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, November 9, 2012
Dear Tammy K,
Thank you for your splash-tastic review! We also believe that people of all ages can find something that they’d enjoy inside our resort. From the waterpark, arcade, restaurants and spa, there’s something for everyone. We are looking forward to having you and your husband, and even the whole family, visit us in paradise again soon!
Have a splash-tastic day!
Chicago, Illinois
“easy, fun get away!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012

Lots of fun for the price and location. staff beyond friendly and so accomodating. it's a medium to smallish waterpark that kids and teens seem to love. look for deals. fully a great grab for a quick get away!

Visited October 2012
Danielle W, Manager at KeyLime Cove Indoor Waterpark Resort, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Dear DSRHAOK,
Thank you for sharing your fun-tube-ulous comments about our resort and waterpark. We try our best to make sure our guests have a memorable vacation with us in paradise. We’re looking forward to seeing you again soon!
Have a splash-tastic day!