“Easily my favourite hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sogndalstrand Kulturhotell

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hauge
Sogndalstrand Kulturhotell
You added Sogndalstrand Kulturhotell to your Saves list
Strandgaten, Hauge, Norway   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Hauge B&B and Inns
Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Easily my favourite hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 16, 2011

I went out to this part of south west Norway on a business trip. I found this hotel quite by accident on google streetview and so decided that this was a handy place to stay.

Sogndalstrand is a special place in Norway with a very narrow street and very little car traffic. All the buildings in the town are under strict preservation orders. Peace, quiet and harmony with nature is the theme for this location.

The hotel is spread out among several building in the village. My room was a typical double room size, overlooking the river. The room is decorated to a high traditional standard and included TV, wireless internet and a shower room. The bed was very comfortable.

The food served in the hotel restaurant is excellent, and despite staying there for a couple of weeks, I found that the menu options were sufficiently varied.

Above all, the thing I like about this hotel is the personal touch you get here. It's something missing from chain hotels, but not here. The staff are all very friendly and have going that extra mile to accomodate us our long stay. When we needed an early rise, then this opened for breakfast early. If we arrived late, there was always a meal for us. When laundry was needed, no problem!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business

Families
Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)

Been to Sogndalstrand Kulturhotell? Share your experiences!