“Good Stay, Excellent Staff” 4 of 5 stars

Choice Privileges Points
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Grayslake
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Grayslake, Illinois
“Good Stay, Excellent Staff”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

Have stayed at this Motel since July and have made it my home away from home. Motel is clean, rooms are very nice, Staff is EXCELLENT. Evening Staff has been very helpful in making me feel right at home there. Recommend this motel to anyone that wants a reasonable and comfortable stay in and around Grayslake area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Zack D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Hi Mark M. Thanks for taking the time to post your review of the hotel! We enjoy having you stay here so often and always count on seeing you popping into the manager's reception on Wednesday evenings for a quick beverage or two. I'm sure we will see you soon!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Princeton, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I have stayed at this property numerous times in the past year. The hotel is top rate with spacious, clean rooms and a front desk that staff works hard to make one feel at home. Many thanks to Nicole and Dawn for performing their jobs with warmth and sincerity.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Hi DGS8033. Thank you for taking the time to write about your experience with the hotel! We enjoy having you stay here on a regular basis and the front desk anxiously awaits your arrival every time you have a reservation. Your witty comments are always appreciated at the front desk!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2013

Stayed at comfort suites for 3nights. Rooms exceptionally clean and large . Stayed in double queen suite. It was great room had a couch, desk, refrig and microwave. Was a little hard to find entrance. Staff was warm, friendly and very helpful. No dinner meal but restaurants will deliver and not all fast food... Has manager reception on Wednesday might basic but very friendly and fresh
Great job comfort suites .. five stars
K

Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Zack D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, October 4, 2013
Hi klee243. Thank you for taking the time to review the hotel! We are pleased you had an excellent stay with us. Our manager receptions every Wednesday night are great for getting to meet our guests and a nice opportunity for socializing. We hope to see you another Wednesday night soon!
Fort Wayne, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

I was pleasantly surprised once I reached the hotel. It was very difficult to find the entrance because you could only get to it one way. That means you had to do a U-turn on a very busy street. Then you could have driven right by it because the driveway only has a small sign and the entrance grounds is pretty full and somewhat run down making the lot look vacant until you go down the drive and turn. The hotel was clean and it had a safe environment. I usually have trouble with allergies when in hotels but I did great in this one. The hotel staff was also incredibly nice, helpful and professional.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
Zack D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, September 27, 2013
Hi AllFamilyFunTrip. Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback on the hotel! We are happy to hear your trip went well and that you did not have any problems with your allergies when you were here. We take cleanliness very seriously here and we are glad it showed in your case. The entrance is an issue we have been working on and we will hopefully have a solution coming up in the next year. We look forward to seeing you back here!
Melbourne Beach, Florida, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2013

We were at this hotel for 4 nights during our daughter's wedding. They were wonderful to set up a block of rooms for the guests at a reasonable price. We also used the club room for the rehersal dinner which was great. They set everything up for us and could not have been more accommodating! Everyone was friendly and bent over backwards to help in any way we needed. I would definitely recommend this hotel! We had stopped staying at Choice hotels because of some really bad experiences, but this has made me re-think using them again. The rooms were adequate for our many needs, the breakfast was great during the week ( a little lame on the weekends - unless you like biscuits and gravy) Everything was clean and all the staff was friendly and helpful. We would stay again! But I would bring my own pillow!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Zack D, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, September 18, 2013
Hi Faith672013. Thank you for taking the time to post your positive feedback of the hotel! We are glad you enjoyed your stay with us - we take pride in giving all of our guests the best service we possibly can. Thank you for letting us know about the breakfast as well. We are looking at getting more options on the weekends for guests such as yourself. Maybe you can check that out the next time you stay with us!
Madison, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2013

Was disappointed in the breakfast as the eggs were dry & sausage patties were burnt-very friendly staff-Very nice & clean property with very friendly staff. Pool was small but seemed well maintained. Rooms were clean and very spacious

Room Tip: Do not let my review keep you from trying this Hotel-could have just been a bad few days in their br...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, September 11, 2013
Hi dimmer57

Thank you for taking the time to write a review of the hotel. I am glad you enjoyed our clean and extra spacious suites! Your breakfast experience was uncharacteristic of what we usually offer and I have addressed it with the breakfast staff. Please contact me at comfortgrayslake_gm@hp-hotels.com so we can discuss how to make things right for you.
Lees Summit
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I stayed at the Comfort Suites in Grayslake on a business trip, 2 nights. I found the room and entire property to be absolutely great. The room was spacious and comfortable. The staff were always courteous and helpful (with one exception detailed below).

This property is close to a company facility is quite convenient. The hotel is a little off the road and can be difficult to access due to the median in the road. They would benefit from a larger sign but it isn't too hard to find.

The one exception to a perfect stay was that my room was not cleaned during my stay. It wasn't a huge deal but I expected the room to be tidied up and the bed to be made. When I mentioned this to the front desk clerk as I was checking out she just said "Oh" and handed me my receipt. I would have appreciated the room be cleaned but more importantly some apology from the staff.

I will likely return and would stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
comfortgrayslake, General Manager at Comfort Suites Grayslake, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
I am glad you enjoyed your stay here at the hotel. I am really sorry your room was not cleaned and that the front desk was not apologetic whatsoever. We pride ourselves on excellent service in all areas of the hotel, and we failed twice with your experience. Please contact me at comfortgrayslake_gm@hp-hotels.com so we can discuss.

Been to Comfort Suites Grayslake? Share your experiences!