“Filthy!!” 1 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Winter Park, Florida
“Filthy!!”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

We checked in and out within an hour. Dirty sheets on the bed and blanket. no housekeeping works nights, so we were given sheets to change the bed ourselves. Then the blanket and the spare were stained. After noticing the dirt in the bathroom were out of there!! Thank goodness other places were down the street. Be warned!! If you enjoy a clean room, this is not the place!!

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DR2ZO, General Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Dear Wjm420

Initially please allow me to thank you for your comments.

Obviously we did not meet your expectations and for that I apologize. I will be meeting with our Director of Housekeeping today to review our inspection program.

It iso true that we have just incurred a vacancy in our evening housekeeping ranks and this although corrected this week, ia m sorry youy did not receive the cleanliness we have been come to be known for.

I would ask that you please call me directly as i would appreciate your direct input and thoughts.

My name is Douglas Artusio. (847) 803-9800. As the General Manager I feel responsible and would like to the time to speak to you directly about your stay.

Douglas Artusio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Madison, Wisconsin
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2014

We stayed in this hotel over Valentine's Day weekend. We are frequent travelers to the area but it was the first stay at this hotel. We arrived late (about 10pm) to find no parking. We circled the parking lot 10 times (!) and finally double parked near the entrance and went to the Front Desk to ask for instructions on where to park. A very annoyed female staff member stated "I do not know what to say, everyone is asking me, and then rudely waved her hands... people are parking in the Fire Lane so try there." For obvious reasons that was not satisfactory answer so we circled a few more times until an event in the catering area let out and parking freed up. It took nearly 30 minutes of circling the lot until we finally found a spot. Why there was no communication between the catering area and the Front Desk is a mystery. It was a long icy walk to the front entrance again... the parking lot was VERY poorly plowed and not well lit. When we finally checked in we stated they should perhaps consider applying salt to the walk areas because it was dangerous to walk, a male staff member stated "are you parked in the ABT lot" We said no... and then he said "oh then you are lucky.. other people had to park there." It was a very unpleasant first impression. The rooms were clean but definitely in need of repair. Our bathroom sink (RM 629) was cracked and the calking around the under mount was missing. There were holes in the walls where hooks and a former hair dryer had been mounted. One TV remote did not work and both TVs were small and hard to see across the room. The elevator made an awful sound on the way up and while the guests ( there were just four of us the first time and five the second time) were joking about it sounding like it was strained it obviously made everyone a little nervous. All staff members we met were sullen and unhelpful. The water pressure was great and the room was clean but it is a hotel in need of repair.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear hellofromme,

Thank you for your thoughts on you recent stay.
I was the manager on Duty last Friday and I know parking was an issue. We have 400 guest in our ballroom for a concert and our lot was indeed full. I apologize for that.

I will visit with the Chief Engineer today and personally go look at room 629 and get these items corrected.

I would ask that you please call me directly at (847) 803-9800. I would be happy to review you stay with us as every guest is important to me and I am personally involved in your satisfaction

Douglas Artusio

Travelers are raving about these Glenview hotels

Gurnee
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 15, 2014 via mobile

I am a guest currently at this hotel and am saddened by the terrible service. I booked the hotel room for two nights for Valentine's Day and me any my husband's anniversary. I requested the sweet escapes package which was supposed to include champagne and strawberries brought to the room upon arrival. When we checked in the front desk person confirmed both would be sent up to our room. We never received even after making three follow up phone calls. The next morning I went to the front desk to inquire what happened and all I received was a less than heartfelt apology and a promise we would receive this evening...it remains to be seen if it indeed happens. I was also promised breakfast and dinner with the package. However, I was only given one complimentary card for breakfast...um where is the one for my husband or should I assume only one person is offered the complimentary breakfast and if I am staying a total of two nights where are the other cards for the next morning. Needless to say I had to request the additional cards that are part of the package. I agree with others...this hotel is dated. The tub had old fixtures from the 60's or 70'a and other things growing in corners and on the tile. It's time to replace the tile because it looks so disgusting. The breakfast was less than stellar. I really wanted to enjoy my stay during this special occasion but unfortunately due to poor service we have not been able to celebrate. Unless they can turn it around today I can say I will ever return.

• Stayed February 2014
DR2ZO, General Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear China7711,

I do hope that you reach out to me at (847) 803-9800 Ext 126.

I am sorry that we did not meet your expectations over this special weekend. I am unable at the moment to look at your room folio based on the limited information on Trip Advisor. We did have many Valentine's packages this weekend and I would like to address your specific situation.

If you would be kind enough to call me, I would be delighted to speak to you.

(847) 803-9800
Atlanta, Georgia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2014

I hopes for a Wyndham in Chicago. The property is first class and well located. However it just seems to be less than it could be. Rooms needed a bit of attention. Not all TV's were flat screens and the facility overall was showing a little wear. The real disappointment came with breakfast. The location and setup were simply not that great. The service staff at breakfast was not up to par either.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
DR2ZO, Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear Jmcolker,

Thank you so much for your comments on your recent stay. I read each and every comment and then share them why my management team.

As you note, there are items which we need to address and I am glad to say that we are in the process of several improvements. We are installing a new intent system this week so that we can provide a higher level of internet speed and connectivity.
I will speak with our restaurant Manager this morning about eh staff and see that the service and attention level makes for a very good experience.

We are also gong through all of our rooms to do repairs and corrections to items and areas that have shown wear.

Again, I appreciate your comments and I will share these as mentioned at my weekly staff meeting.

2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014 via mobile

This is a former Embassy Suites w/ a refurbished lobby & courtyard, but it ain't ready for 'Prime Time'. There was only one flakey-shaker elevator working, but 3 doors; no double beds avail, only king suites & (a crappy) hide-a-bed. I agree w/ another guests' write up, except our king bed was very good w/ new linens. Earlier guest wrote: "This hotel needs a complete makeover. The elevator is too slow. The bathrooms are leaky and in disrepair. The soft goods are worn and not laundered very well."

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
DR2ZO, General Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites, responded to this review, February 12, 2014
Dear ChDP,

I am sorry our property did not meet your satisfaction. We are going through some remodeling on our third floor and most of our double double rooms are located on that floor. That is not an excuse but a simple answer to your comment.
The good news is that the third floor will be back in service February 20th and we will have all of our double double rooms back in service.

Your comments are very important to me as we endeavor to please each and every guest.

Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2014

Being very regular Wyndham property visitors, we were looking forward to our family having a great weekend getaway. Upon checking in to the hotel, we learned that the room reserved online - a double double - was not available and all that was available was a king suite. While there is a pull-out sofa in the front room, it was less than ideal for our family. Having made a reservation for a specific room type, one expects to have that room waiting for them when the reservation confirmation confirms the room availability.

The rooms are dated in their decor. Glass French doors are all that are between the front guest room and the atrium. There is a deadbolt, but doesn't feel very private nor secure.

Quite a bit of noise carries through neighboring walls as well. Upon first impression, this hotel does not live up to the Wyndham standards we have experienced in other hotels.

• Stayed February 2014
Dear Amanda F,

I am sorry that your double double room was not available upon check in. I will immediately speak to our Director of Reservations to ensure this type of problem does not happen again..On your next vibist to the area, please call me directly at (847) 803-9800 Ext 126 and I will personally insure that your room type is pre-registered.

Again thank you for your comments as they are very important to me.

Douglas Artusio

Been to Wyndham Glenview Suites? Share your experiences!