“Overall, this hotel met our needs. It is quiet and clean...” 4 of 5 stars

Plan Ahead, Save 25%
Ranked #4 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
GreenLeadersBronze level
Watsonville
“Overall, this hotel met our needs. It is quiet and clean...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

Overall, this hotel met our needs. It is quiet and clean and the suites provide quiet as desired. It could be better if there were some basic dishes and utensils available.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts

DR2ZO, General Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2014
Dear Robert,

Thank you for your kind comments on your recent stay with us at the Wyndham Glenview Suites Hotel.

Although we do not regularly put utensils in each room, on your next visit if you would like, we can make special arrangements to have some dishes and flatware available to you at no charge.

Again, thank you for your comments and we look forward to our next opportunity to be of service to you while int eh Glenview area,.

Digulas Artusio

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (66)
Lauderdale by the Sea, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I was visiting family nearby, had stayed here in September, knew it was pretty good. I was greeted by Janet, very nice and professional throughout my stay. Her first tip was to use American Taxi as opposed to Yellow Cab, less expensive. This was good to know as I had opted not to rent a car, as originally planned. They do have a shuttle, but, they were not able to take me to my family's home, only five miles away. The rooms are all around a beautiful atrium, with live plants and flowers, very nice, especially in the dead of Winter! Glass elevators take you up with this nice view. The rooms are suitable for both vacations and business stays with a rather large sitting/meeting area and desk. My room had two TVs, one in the bedroom and the other in the living area. There was a fridge and microwave. It was freezing outside so I was very pleased that the heat worked really well and not noisy. The bed was perfect! Really soft and comfy, which was good because I was ill most of the time:(( That was when my only real disappointment came. I hadn't eaten for awhile, was looking forward to room service, which, according to the hotel info book, was served from 11am to 11pm, really tasty sounding comfort food. When I called, around noon, the extension rang and rang. Finally, Janet picked up and said the restaurant didn't open until 4pm. No other options were offered. I emailed Grub Hub to have something delivered.
The breakfast buffet is pretty good, but, a little pricey at $14. The omelets are tasty, but, you need to watch for yours to come out. Otherwise it can sit too long and get cold. Even when it is not busy, the waitstaff is not always attentive, but, very friendly.
The pool and hot tub area is nice, lots of light. People do leave their towels around, someone should check the area more often.
The Wyndham is best when visiting the suburbs. It is about a 45 minute drive to city, easy to get on the highways from here.
*Other issue…I made this reservation months ago. Then, the emails start with bonus reward offers for staying when I was. Checking in to see if any adjustment may be made.

Room Tip: I like a high floor room, I was on the seventh floor.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled solo
Dear Saj1001

Thank you for your comments on Trip Advisor. I am pleased that you experienced the hospitality and set ice levels you mentioned from our staff. We endeavor to make each guest's stay a [;peasant one.

On the omelets, I will meet with our Chef and Restaurant Manager today to review the serving of these items as I know it would be frustrating to wait on an ordered item to find that another guest picked up the omelet and was enjoying your order.

Thank you again for your comments. We do take them very seriously.

Douglas Artusio
Columbus, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2014

I would like to give this place five stars but really cant and that's a shame because it's a gorgeous property. We have stayed there some four times in the past four years and really enjoy the layout of the suites. But on our post-Christmas stay we had phoned enroute from Columbus to Chicago to verify our reservation. We were told don't worry they had our room. However upon arrival we were told that the hotel had overbooked that evening and our double room was no longer available. So we had to settle for one king bed. Not the room we wanted and not very customer friendly. The man behind the counter gave us some breakfast certificates as compensation and throughout our stay was very cordial to us. However my experience with the other staff was less cordial and not very professional. I had to ask three times to get someone to retrieve my Wyndham rewards number and upon check-out the front desk man, who appeared to be possible the manager, never asked me whether I enjoyed my stay or even said much of a thank you. When I had called earlier to request a 1pm checkout he blurted into the phone, "Yeah but that's all I can do". I wanted to say that is all I am asking for. A more positive, customer friendly front desk attitude would go along way in this place and perhaps raise the mediocre star rating this place is continuing to get. Finally, the breakfast buffet that is served in the atrium is a rip-off at $13.99 for some fruit, generic fried potatoes, juice and an omelet station manned by an obviously hung-over twenty something who kept saying he was "coming down with something" as he took our omelet order. As if being sick was something one wanted to hear from a chef. When I finally received my meager little omelet NONE of the ingredients I had requested were inside. If I was paying $13.99 for this instead of receiving a comp for this I would be very angry. There's lots of competition in Northbrook/Glenview in terms of hotels and restaurants. Glenview Suites cant afford to be so mediocre in providing service. And it's a shame given such a handsome property.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Davidjohng

I want to thank you for your comments on your recent stay and frankly apologize that we did not live up to your expectations.

As you know, the winter storm in Chicago had put an unusual strain on all aspects of the operations with many guest not checking out as expected which did put our reservations system at risk.

That being said however, hospitality and good simple guest service should never be at risk and for this I apologize that we did not perform up to your or our standards.

If you would be kind enough to call me directly at (847) 803-9800, I will either take the breakfast charges off your your method of payment or provide you with two complimentary breakfast buffets during your next stay.

Again, i apologize for next meeting your expectations and I will meet directly with our Restaurant Manager and our Chef to correct this situation.

Douglas Artusio

Been to Wyndham Glenview Suites? Share your experiences!