“Suite Sanctuary” 4 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersBronze level
Sarasota, Florida
“Suite Sanctuary”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 24, 2013

I stayed for an unexpected 9 nights, extended by my father's sudden passing and funeral. I was grateful for two rooms and used the living room to read the newspaper and eat so that I was not eating in the bedroom. The staff was exceptionally courteous and helpful. The center, multi-story atrium gave the hotel a spacious, light and bright feeling. I found my room and the rest of the hotel to be very clean. Only very minor things were off, like the tub draining slowly during my shower and the tv remote buttons needing pressing multiple times to work. Only one time did I hear noise from another room; otherwise, I found the Wyndham in Glenview to be a sweet, suite sanctuary during a very stressful family trip. I would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: I got a room on the Milwaukee Road side of the building - very quiet. I would imagine the rooms on t...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Scott K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Wyndham Suites Glenview. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and that the suite you were in was comfortable. We will discuss as a team what we can do to consistently deliver an exceptional experience to all of our guests. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the courteous and helpful staff; I will pass along you compliments to the entire team. I wish your visit was under better circumstances, I hope to see you the next time your travels bring you to Glenview.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Cleveland, Ohio
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

I stayed for one night on business. This was my first time in a Wyndham hotel and I was very pleased. The room was clean and quiet. Front desk was very courteous and answered all of my questions. I was able to print out a document that I needed for the next day, at no charge, in the business center which was a nice touch. Wireless internet signal was strong in all areas of the hotel. Breakfast was not included but was extremely reasonable for a buffet in a hotel where fresh omelets are made to order. Had dinner at the restarurant in the lobby which was very good.

The atrium area is very pretty with live trees and plants and "mood" lighting. It was way too dark to hang out there and read the paper or a book, though. Although, I did not notice if there were skylights....I was only there in the evening, not during the daytime.

It is very easy to reserve the shuttle and I was able to get dropped off at my business site with no problems. The drivers are all professional and very friendly. I will definitely stay here again in the future if I have to come back to the area.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Scott K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites, responded to this review, February 17, 2013
Thank you for recently staying with us and for posting a review of Wyndham Suites Glenview. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience at our hotel and that the suite you were in was comfortable. I hope you will visit us again if your travels bring you to the Glenview area. I will share your comments with the staff and let them know you enjoyed your interactions with them.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

I stayed here for two nights for a wedding. The rooms were plenty big enough. The TV in the bedroom could use updating. The location is fine for the suburbs. The staff was professional. The complimentary breakfast included omeletes and pancakes, and was better than a continental breakfast. Very good value.

Room Tip: I wouldn't want to be on the same floor as the dining room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Scott K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Thank you for your review of Wyndham Suites downtown Glenview. I was pleased to see that you enjoyed your experience while staying with us. I was also glad to see that you felt the location of the hotel was good. I appreciate you taking the time to mention the professional staff; I will pass along you compliments to the entire team. Thank you for your feedback and we look forward to hosting you at the hotel the next time you are in the area.

Scott Kong
Front Office Manager
Cincinnati, Ohio, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

We made the reservation for the Suit room and were excited, however, there were couple of things to be done and fixed. I have attached the photo. Since, we have a little infant, we had to be really sensitive on cleaning.

1. The remote control in the bedroom was not working
2. The backside of the bathroom door need to be fixed..
3. The bathroom door can't be closed properly
4. The sink was so dirty
5. The coffee machine was dirty and I could not see that they have cleaned or not.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Scott K, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Glenview Suites, responded to this review, January 13, 2013
I want to thank you for sharing the experience of your recent stay with us. I apologize for any inconvenience you experienced. We are constantly working on the way we take care of our guests, we will look back on it and see what we can improve upon. We hope you will consider us again the next time your travels bring you to Glenview.

Scott Kong
Front Office Manager

Travelers are raving about these Glenview hotels

Been to Wyndham Glenview Suites? Share your experiences!