“Rancid children's meal” 2 of 5 stars

Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Lunch
Fairfield, California
“Rancid children's meal”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 1, 2013 via mobile

Well it would have been an excellent rating however, our 4 year old ordered the Mac and Cheese. We kept insisting he eat some and he kept refusing. We kept making deals for him to eat some. Finally I tasted it and it was definitely rotten/rancid/disgusting. And it was some awful from a box mixture as well. You would think with such great menu items for adults they would put some effort into the children's meals. They compted the mac and cheese and brought him the mini burgers meal for free, but really, our whole meal should have been compensated. We were worried we would be sick, fortunately we were ok.

Visited November 2013

Minneapolis
“Great Family place”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 30, 2013

We went there with three seniors, two babies and two more for a great breakfast on Sunday morning. What a great selection of breakfast entrees and every table had a child present. We were lucky to get there by 8:00 am because it soon filled up.

• Visited October 2013
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Saint Louis, Missouri
“Delicious "Door County" Chicken Salad”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 20, 2013

Interesting little restaurant bordering The Glen. Service is quick and cordial and the selection of food options would satisfy anyone's tastes. Prices are very reasonable. The Door County chicken salad is some of the best I have ever had.

Visited October 2013
Chicago
“Good for Breakfast”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 4, 2013

Egg Harbor is primarily a breakfast place, but as breakfast is not my favorite meal, unless your talking traditional pancakes or waffles; which Egg harbor doesn't serve. As a non-breakfast person the few times I've ordered a breakfast dish I was not impressed, so I always stick with two items; the Santa Fe rollup and the Orchard Valley rollup. On this last visit I saw that they had taken the Orchard Valley off the menu so now I'm down to one item. I may be forced to try something else.
I was to meet my friend and her husband and I was with my son. We arrived first and asked to be seated but were told they couldn't seat us unless our party was complete. Now, I can understand this if the place is full but in this case there were plenty of open seats inside and the outside was open as well with empty tables. Once our party was complete we were seated. Our server I'm guessing was new as he seemed a bit nervous and would let this show by clicking his pen constantly. Like I said one of my standbys was off the menu so I order the Santa Fe which was good though I will complain my salad came with no dressing and the potatoes were overcooked and hard. My son had the bacon omelet with a side of their special bacon. I'm guessing he didn't enjoy the bacon as he ate very little. My friend had pancakes, which she said was good and her husband, like myself, had the Santa Fe.
There is enough choices on the menu for everyone, but I always feel like it just misses being great by a small margin.

• Visited October 2013
    • 3 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
“egg-celent lunch”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 10, 2013

I enjoyed everything about my first visit to Egg Harbor. the décor was fun with egg everything everywhere. the meals were fresh and non-complicated, and my blackberry iced tea was very good. they even send you off with a full tea to go.

I will go again when I'm in the area.

• Visited August 2013