“Good remodel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #6 of 7 hotels in Glenview
Iowa City, Iowa
“Good remodel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2012 via mobile

I have stayed at this property many times over the years. Initially it was a close local to a customer I visit. Since the remodel , I would consider this motel the best value on the North Shore. Nothing fancy, very clean, great localion and the staff almost always more than helpful. I would suggest that you avoid the rooms closest to I 294.

• Stayed June 2012

24 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Clarksville, Indiana
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2011

Stayed a little longer than I normally do in hotels for business. This Motel 6 is one of the newer remodeled versions with the retro feel. No issues or problems with hotel. You must pay nightly for wifi which is a little annoying to walk to the office every night when you wish to renew. Staff was friendly. Comfortable beds. Amazing choices of places to eat within walking distance, especially if you enjoy any of the different asian cuisines. I would recommend

Room Tip: Rooms toward the back of the hotel have better parking and quicker/ more private access.
  • Stayed October 2011, traveled on business
Green Bay, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2010

I am surprised at the most recent reviews! My husband family lives in Chicago so we go there quite a bit to visit. Whenever we do, we stay at this Motel and we have never been disappointed! It has always been spotless and quiet. The staff is very helpful and they did a great job remodeling the place! I personally would of chose a different color scheme but that is just opinion :) We have never had a complaint!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Hartland, Wisconsin
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2010

Staying here was ok for one night. They claim it was a Non smoking hotel, but my room Stank like nasty cigs. If you happen to get a room on the side with the high way. Good luck sleeping with the window open. There is a nice TGIF Fridays in walking distance good food and drinks. The front desk was hard to understand, but were very nice. There are no Shampoo's in the bathroom, I just happen to forget mine, or any books around telling you what is around the hotel to do. Also the walls are extermly thin...You can hear a lot of different things. The Wifi is also not free.... Hope this helps

• Stayed June 2010, traveled on business
Kenosha, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2010

For your peace of mind and safety I strongly urge you NOT to even consider staying at this hotel. Although located in an upscale northshore Chicago suburb my friend and I were accosted outside the building by a very intoxicated "lady of the night" sort asking us to help her check in using our ID as she didn't have her wallet with her. We refused and reported it to the young night clerk who said he'd handle it. This night clerk was training an elderly gentleman and was very rude and obnoxious to him in front of us and 2 other people waiting to check in. Later I went down to the front desk for coffee and found this creepy lady with a man who was helping her check in. The same night clerk I'd complained to was assisting this! After they left the area he commented to me that he knew how she was going to repay this guy for helping her. I did not venture out of my room again once I found he'd given this woman a room across from mine! The loud drunken noises from the hall made me and my companion very uneasy. I reported all of this to the hotel manager the next day and was given a profuse apology and an assurance she would handle this. She also told me she'd send me a coupon for a free night at any Motel 6 (there are many wonderful one's I've stayed at) but this was never received; I really didn't expect I'd ever actually receive one. The hotel is old and decrepit and the rooms were designed to accomodate one bed however our room had two doubles and there was no room to even walk around the beds. Bathroom was spotless and had been recently updated but draperies, carpets and bedding was old and ugly.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled as a couple

Travelers are raving about these Glenview hotels

Zion, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2010

We didn't get our wake up call so my grandsons were late to their ROTC Memorial Day parade and were in trouble. Despite having reservations - they said I had to climb the stairs to the 2nd floor since that's all they had left. Being disabled - that wasn't an easy task. I'll never stay there again and I definitely do not recommend them.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family
Fairview, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 25, 2010

Rates 5 stars: Immaculately clean; helpful, polite staff. QUIET. Location is a quiet suburb, yet easy access to Chicago.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled on business

Been to Motel 6 Chicago North- Glenview? Share your experiences!