“As should be expected” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #7 of 7 Hotels in Glenview
AURORA
“As should be expected”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 28, 2013

My frequent trips to this hotel are usually what I expect. The star rating is two, so what I look for is cleanliness and service. For the most part, the rooms are generally clean and the staff will accomodate your needs. The food places are many within the area and are resonably good. I would recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Rooms on the second and third floors, are less used and in better condition.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2012

True, there are some things that may need a little updating ... however, for the price, its not bad ... free wifi, free breakfast, free business center with free printing. free parking ... i only stayed 2 nights... but i didnt have any issues ... plus ... right next to TGI Fridays ... I personally didnt think it was that bad ...

if i had to compare with the westin ... where a candy bar cost $3. internet is $25/day (for a wired connection), and using the computer is $7 and $1.25 per page to print, parking is $35/day ... dont even think about having a package shipped to the hotel for $25 handling fee ...

Like another reviewer said ... I am not Bougie Suzie ... I will choose Travelodge over westin ... or the like ...every single time hands down.
The hotel itself was clean ... the food was not deplorable ... the parking lot did not appear to seem like some type of dirt road ... the long short of it is ... I payed for a travelodge hotel room ... and that is what I got. period.

By the way BRUCE R ... if the toilet wasnt working ... why didnt you ask for a different room ...
the internet was a tad slow ... but then again... it was free... id rather free slow internet vs. expensive slow internet ... all the same ... I have been in all types of hotels.

People kill me with the whole " I wont complain to the manager about my room ... I will just go on the web and talk about how horrible my experience was . " mentality. Even 5 star hotels have issues ... Ive seen it with my own eyes.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
Tom K, General Manager at Park Place Hotel, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Thank you for your comments. Our team works hard to provide the greatest level of value possible. We thank you for your business. Paul Leisner, GM
Chicago, Illinois, United States
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I had to stay here for the night due to inclimate weather. I first got a room at Motel 6 only to find a visitor in the bathroom in the form of a cockroach so I got the hell out there. This place is nextdoor so I thought why not. I was pleasantly surprised. The man at the counter was very pleasant. The room actually smelled good. For $60 i expected a stale smoke smell...nope. It was refreshingly fresh. No cockroaches which is a plus. I cant complain about anything really. For the price you get what you pay for.

I found the bed quite comfortable. Shower head was a bit low but then I am 5'11''. Great water pressure. I guess my only suggestion would be to have more balnkets. The very thin coverlet and blanket underneath are quite sparse. I am not one to have heat going all night so just a tad thicker blanket would have been great.

Other than that. If you are in a jam, great place to stay.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 11, 2012 via mobile

The value doesn't outweigh the quality. Forget the good service the staff could care less if you have an enjoyable stay. The sheets and comforters had tons of cigarette burns in our non-smoking rooms. The ugly green carpet in our room had nasty stains. Free Wifi was poor and practically non existent. Don't ask for anything from the front desk for your room as soon as housekeeping leaves (at 2:00 pm!!) you can't get anything!! While sitting in the main dining area you can enjoy the staff talking about other employees in a way you wouldn't want your mother to hear! DON'T TRUST THE PICTURES! Our rooms looked nothing like the pictures. Oh, and don't forget to bring your own water and ice. In the chance the ice machine (only ice no water) works consider yourself lucky!

• Stayed October 2012

Travelers are raving about these Glenview hotels

Been to Park Place Hotel? Share your experiences!