“Good food.... expensive” 4 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Cuisines: Japanese
Description: Corner of Bloomingdale Rd and North Ave. In shopping center with Valli Produce is an absolutely amazing and delicious Japanese Steak and Sushi. The sushi rolls atr
Carol Stream
“Good food.... expensive”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2012 via mobile

My daughter and I ate here one evening. The sushi was just ok. The wait staff was wonderful! The fried rice and the hibachi cooked meal was less than perfect, rather bland on most items and way too sweet on the fried rice. A bit too much for the money we spent. I'd prefer Shinto in Naperville for food quality and value

• 3 of 5 stars Food

Chicago
“Great sashimi and service”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 27, 2011

Tried this restaurant using a restaurant.com certificate. Excellent, fresh sashimi at very reasonable prices. Will certainly go back.

• Visited October 2011
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Loved it!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2011

My boyfriend and I had lunch here after reading the previous review. We were not disappointed. I've only done Sushi once before and someone else ordered for me. I asked the waiter to explain the menu; the waiter added to our wonderful experience.

As for the food; amazing, loved every bit of it. Although I was stuffed, I cleaned my plate and ordered green tea ice cream. Yes, green tea ice cream! Now, I found this flavor to be clean, I'd order it again but in the summer time.

The decor and atmosphere is perfect for business and family (grown up) settings. The decor is a wonderful fusion of contemporary themes with traditional Japanese elements. I can see kids there but that's up to each family. Would be a great place for my 15 year old to bring a date. Great food option after a late movie night too.

Seriously, LOVED IT!!

Oh, the prices were very economical. They have an assortment of $10 "box" lunches to choose from

• Visited October 2011
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Chicago, Illinois
“Great atmosphere”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 20, 2010

After reading some reviews elsewhere, I was skeptical. But I'm glad we went to give it our own opinion. The sushi menu has been redesigned since October 2010 with fresh new ideas and daily special rolls.

We ate at the sushi bar as I am not a fan of repeated hibachi shows -- that's just me with the "been there done that" attitude. The sushi chef was very friendly and very accommodating.

The newly renovated sushi menu was great and the sushi presentation was artistic and creative. The special rolls had appealing flavors that required no soy sauce dipping and some rolls just melted in your mouth. This is a great new find in the suburbs for more than the standard menu.

I think the sushi chef is taking this place to new levels that will leave behind the standard sushi restaurants in the area. We'll be back for more!

• 5 of 5 stars Food