“Our Happy 25th!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Inn at Water's Edge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Glen Ellyn
Inn at Water's Edge
You added Inn at Water's Edge to your Saves list
425 Fawell Blvd., Culinary and Hospitality Center at College of DuPage, Glen Ellyn, IL 60137   |
Ranked #1 of 5 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Orland Park, Illinois
“Our Happy 25th!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2014

My wife and I are frequent visitors to the College of DuPage for concerts and other programs. So when I saw that we had a concert on the Saturday night after the Friday of our 25th anniversary, it seemed like a natural to book into the Inn for the weekend. So I took the "Romance" package for Friday night, with it's bottle of Champagne and chocolate strawberries included, and for Saturday night, the "Sunday Brunch" package that would carry us through the rest of the weekend. We ate Friday nights' dinner at Waterleaf, and then also had a Champagne and desert snack before the concert on Saturday night (a complementary surprise treat), and then used the $50.00 certificate to cover the brunch on Sunday. From the time we hit the door of the hotel on Friday evening till we left after brunch, we were treated as if we were the most important guests they have had. Everything was explained clearly and concisely, all turndowns and cleanings were invisible, coffee and continental was available on time (their coffee is excellent), and comfort and quiet were the order of the day. There were a few minor improvements that I would suggest, like a hook in the bathroom for hanging a robe, and noise from the hall through the door could be a problem is there was a noisy guest, but the room is nicely appointed and designed and the bathroom is spectacular for the price range of this hotel. Everything felt safe and secure and very private. I haven't felt this comfortable at a hotel since the Four Seasons on Maui (for several hundred dollars more a night). I know this is a Chicago suburb, and you are on a college campus with other institutional building and their power plants and what not, but if you focus on the lake and trees and birds and the comfort of the setting you are seated in, I don't think you could ask for any more for the price. I would definitely do this again and they really helped to make our 25th something special to remember.

Room Tip: When they put the coffee out in the morning, the aroma is like an alarm clock. Maybe you could sleep...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, April 7, 2014
Thank you for expressing your experience in such detail! I'm glad we met your expectations and had the opportunity to have you stay for such a memorable occasion! Congratulations on celebrating 25 years!! I appreciate you taking the time to provide a review of your stay. It was certainly a pleasure to have you with us for the weekeend and we hope to see you again in the near future!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

The Inn at Water's Edge was a complete delight. From being called to confirm my reservation to being graciously shown to my room--I loved it there. If you are traveling for business with the college--do not miss this unique experience.

One thing I would suggest is that they make sure the restaurant is open 7 days--or some food service available. I had been traveling since the wee hours of the morning--flying and then driving 6 hours that day--and I arrived at dinner time--and there was no food service. Even a little cheese/fruit would have been great. To see chefs cooking in their classes, but having no access to food--was disappointing. Too tired to contemplate getting back in my car to find a restaurant, I retreated to my lovely room. The morning continental breakfast was wonderful, relaxing and quiet.

I would come back here in a minute--but I might stop and get dinner before arriving if it is a Monday or Tuesday. Thanks for the hospitality.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Thank you for taking the time to share your recent experience with us! I appreciate your suggestion of having food available on Mondays and Tuesdays when the restaurant is closed. I will take that into consideration with our chef and see what we can do for the future. We hope to see you again next time you are doing business in the area!
overland park
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

This past weekend we had a wonderful and relaxing stay at the Inn at Water's Edge in the Culinary and Hospitality Center at COD in Glen Ellyn, IL. This was at least our 5th stay at the hotel, maybe 6... I have lost count. But each visit is as special as the last as we are graciously greeted and pampered throughout our visit. Every morning starts in the lounge for a continental breakfast by the large sunny windows that look out over the campus. I can remember the first time I sat there thinking about how it would be to leave our daughter at this college so far away from us in Kansas. We come to the lounge in the robes provided in our room, and make ourselves right at home nibbling on the fresh pastries, fruit and homemade breads and jams. The coffee is perfection! We bring our notes and journals and all the things we need to discuss and talk about and sit for at least an hour, usually more catching up with our daughter and making plans for the future. Someone from the hotel always comes over to say hello and make sure we have everything we need. These are our friends now. They know all about our daughter and are anxious to hear about her progress at COD and what the future holds next for her. The Inn at Water's Edge has become our favorite destination. It will become yours, too, I promise!

Room Tip: There are no bad rooms. They are all lovely.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, March 13, 2014
Even though this was your 5th or 6th stay we always look forward to you and your wife visiting! We love hearing stories about your daughter and future plans for her education. There is always something new to share! Thank you for taking the time to share your stay in detail so future guests may have similar experiences! Until next time, take care!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

I stayed at the Inn at Water's edge because I was involved in an event at College of DuPage that began at 6am and didn't want to drive in from the city that early. The staff went over and above to accommodate my early start time and put out breakfast over an hour early so I could get something to eat before going to my event.
The location on COD's campus is perfect for events on campus, especially those at the culinary school's Water Leaf restaurant and theater and arts events at the MAC.
The rooms were clean and had great amenities- the only thing I missed was not having a fridge for beverages/leftovers.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

I appreciate you taking the time to review your recent stay with us! I'm happy to hear that your special request for breakfast was accommodated. With only 6 rooms on site it's easy for us to personalize our guests experience. Thank you for sharing yours!
Avon Lake
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014

We were in Chicago to help our daughter find a new apartment for her relocation here. I found this hotel with great reviews on Trip Advisor and they deserve all the compliments they receive. There are only 6 rooms here as this is actually part of the College of DuPage School of Hospitality Management. Very nice accommodations with beautiful designed rooms and bathrooms. A little tricky to find the hotel but so long as you know it is within the campus you should have no problem. The room included a continental breakfast that was set out for us in a lounge at the end of our hallway. The staff was very friendly and even escorted us to our rooms when we checked in. Parking was just steps from the front door. The rooms do not have refrigerators in them and the on-site restaurants/cafes have very limited hours or days they are open so know that you may have to go out for meals. Otherwise, I would definitely recommend this hotel. If you are looking for a place with a traditional pool/exercise room this is not for you - but you do have access to the sports facility elsewhere on their campus.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
I love to hear stories of how our guests found out about the Inn at Water's Edge and I'm so happy to hear that you found us through Trip Advisor. Honest guest reviews, just like yours, make a real difference in selecting one hotel versus the other. I appreciate you sharing your review. I hope your daughter found an apartment during your stay with us. Maybe we'll see you again when you come to visit her!
Wheaton, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 14, 2014

We stayed a night at mid-week for our anniversary and the Inn at Water's Edge was a perfect place for that. I've stayed at a number of "non-traditional" lodgings over the years (Cornell's hotel and those run by various business schools) and this boutique hotel is the cream of the crop. The rooms are clean, comfortable and well-appointed and the staff are friendly and provide great service. Some distinctives: continental breakfast served on each floor in a quiet sitting area; exceptionally quiet rooms in a peaceful setting; excellent lunch and dinner options in the hotel as part of the culinary arts program; very good value for money.

The downsides: as a business hotel it is too far removed from offices to be really convenient; it is still part of a community college hospitality and culinary arts program with all that brings. For those accustomed to going online to make a reservation - sorry, you need to call!

Overall, for the right circumstances, it is ideal. If I were travelling to this area on business and had a rental car I'd be here every time.

Room Tip: South facing rooms overlook the lake.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, February 17, 2014
Thank you for selecting the Inn at Water's Edge to celebrate your anniversary! Congratulations on another year of marriage! I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay and appreciate the facts that you provided in your review so that other guests can enjoy future stays. We hope to see you again in the near future!
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2014 via mobile

Stayed at the Inn at Waters Edge last night for a little get away. We love close by and wanted a break from the kids. It is a beautiful place. The rooms are very clean and well decorated. Beautiful bathrooms. Service is beyond belief. I will return often!!!

• Stayed January 2014
Jamie F, Manager at Inn at Water's Edge, responded to this review, January 28, 2014
I'm so glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay and will be back!! It's always nice to get away from the kids for some "me" time once in a while. Thank you for sharing your experience!!

Been to Inn at Water's Edge? Share your experiences!