“Walked in and walked back out” 2 of 5 stars

Website
Menu
Improve this listing
Reserve with OpenTable
Glen Prairie is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #6 of 80 restaurants in Glen Ellyn
Cuisines: American, Contemporary
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Finley
Suburban Chicago
“Walked in and walked back out”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 16, 2012

We planned an early (4 PM) meal on a Sunday to celebrate my birthday. When we walked in, even though only one other table was occupied and some folks were sitting at the bar, we were seated at what I would consider a cocktail lounge-type table with a base so large there was no place to put one's feet. We switched to another table, under which there were pieces of bread scattered over the floor. The music from the PA was so loud we couldn't hold a conversation, and a TV monitor at the bar was playing a football game. Not exactly the atmosphere I expected based on the comments of other reviewers! We decided to get up and leave, and no one from the staff even noted our departure. It was as if they didn't care whether they had customers or not.

• Visited December 2012
    • 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
cpgel, Manager at Glen Prairie, responded to this review, January 2, 2013
I am terribly sorry that we were unable to meet your expectations during your visit, especially for your birthday celebration. I assure you that we definately care about each and every guest we have and I would love to have you contact me directly so I can talk with you. Please feel free to give me a call anytime at the restaurant, my name is Steve and again I am terribly sorry that we were not able to help you celebrate your birthday.

85% Recommend
Indianapolis, Indiana
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

This was my first time eating at this restaurant and I'll definitely be back. I had the butternut squash ravioli and it was delicious!

• Visited December 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
Auburn Hills, Michigan
“Breakfast was interesting...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

I liked the sit down breakfast. Omelet was yummy if a bit pricey. Service on a weekday am could have been better. I enjoyed the food and appreciated the potatoes on the side were more than your average hash browns. OJ tasted fresh squeezed. I did not try the buffet. I liked that Gluten Free options were available and some interesting takes on basics like squash pancakes. I would dine there again, just make sure to give yourself plenty of time.

• Visited September 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 4 of 5 stars Food
“Prices aspiring to be elegant”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

$12 for breakfast eggs, toast and coffee seems a little silly. Tiny bites of sauces at dinner with trendy combinations of flavors. but fresh local ingredients and some organic foods.

Visited April 2012
Highland Park, IL
“A Pleasant Surprise”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2012

We went to this restaurant because we were in the area and we could make a reservation on line, but we didn't expect much. Instead, we were very pleasantly surprised by the food quality and the presentation. We had the duck breast and the salmon and both were well prepared -- delicious. For desert, the creme brulee was a special treat. The waiter was knowledgeable and helpful and although the wine list was small, we found a nice, reasonably priced bottle. All this in a hotel restaurant.

• Visited September 2012