“Wonderful five night stay... friendly staff and great bed, clean room” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove

Special Offer
Weekend Savings!
Ranked #2 of 5 Hotels in Glen Ellyn
Yuba City, CA, USA
“Wonderful five night stay... friendly staff and great bed, clean room”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2011

We were greeted by the friendly staff and a very clean hotel. The bed was great and the room was extra clean for a hotel room. My wife wipes all surfaces down with Chlorox wipes before we put away a thing and it came up clean... most unusual. We have bad allergies so clean is important to us.
The large indoor pool was wonderful for swimming laps and it too was clean. The exerecise room was again clean and the equipment all worked. Each floor had a special machine that made filtered water for drinking so one did not have to buy bottled water, we just refilled our empty bottles... very handy.
The rooms are quiet and the wi fi works well, although you get dropped about every hour.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
CHICAGO, ILLINOIS
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 30, 2011

Very beautifully redesigned place. Great restaurant and large rooms. Clean and pleasant. I love the soft tones of the walls, flat screen TVs, free Internet. They did a GREAT job with this remodel. All the staff I encountered were excellent.

Soundproofing is still needed, though. There's a sign up in the lobby requesting you not to slam doors... but even just shutting doors echo through the hall. The doors on the stairwells can be heard throughout the hallway.

There is a Quiet Zone floor. I'm a bit confused because a large group was booked up there. I stay at Crowne Plazas all the time and usually those floors are to be free of "marching bands, weddings, circus animals, etc" (quote from the Quiet Zone sign).

Overall a top notch place. If they could work on the soundproofing, it would be the best in the Western burbs...

Room Tip: Steer clear of the stairwell!
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, October 13, 2011
Thank you for taking the time to post a review, Please know that when you return we would love to decide the "perfect" location in the hotel and make that your room of choice when you travel to our area. If we know where our guests prefer to be we can make notations in their profiles and whenever possible preblock the reservations to get our guests where they like to be. We have some that like to be up front by the elevator some like the inside halls, some like outside walls, back of the building etc. We strive to get everyone where they would like to be so please feel free to get in touch and we can make that happen for you on your next visit and each time after.
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 23, 2011

My teenaged son and I were in Glen Ellyn for a weekend tournament and instead of driving the 45 minutes back to our home on the North Shore eight times during the course of the weekend, decided to stay put in Glen Ellyn. I researched several hotels and decided the Crowne Plaza sounded the best. It really was. Very modern styling but not "cold". Very comfortable rooms nicely decorated with almost any amenity needed. Great service and very helpful staff. Didn't end up using the pool or fitness room but it was nice to know they were there. Overall a relaxing excellent stay.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 28, 2011
Thanks you for the great review, Hopefully the next time your back to our area you will get to try the pool out. I think the pool is just beautiful. It is wonderful for a winter weekend getaway and we will certainly be offering weekend packages throughout the winter months.
Maryland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2011

My wife and son and myself stayed here at the Crowne Plaza Glen Ellyn in August 2011 for 6 full days. First time to Illinois visiting family. Looking forward to site see in Chicago also. Drivning down Roosevelt Rd we drove right past the hotel. Small sign and the outside is very plain. But, once inside you are in for a surprise!!!!! Very clean and very spacious! Staff is very friendly and professional. Before our visit I contacted the General Manager Kim. I wanted to do something special for my wife for a belated b-day present. Kim was very helpful in planning this out. A bottle of champagne and very nice sized chocolate covered strawberries and also ballons!!! Not only was my wife surprised so was I!!! The room was very nice and the shower was awesome! Marble shower with 2 overhead shower heads. The indoor pool was great! I didn't take pictures but I wish I did. Very clean and big area. The pool is 9ft deep. That is rare to find in a hotel. Also, everyday Monday through Friday between like 5 pm and 7pm the have complementarybeer and wine and some sort of snack. That was so cool! Ordered breakfast for room service a few times. Great food, nice sized portions and professional staff delivering.
To sum it all up. We would and will definitely stay here again! You should stay here if you are going to be in the area!!!!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 22, 2011
I am so glad to hear that everyone enjoyed their stay with us. I am glad that the suite worked for your family and that your wife loved her bithday surprise. I love talking to our guests and helping to make their time with use perfect. Hopefully I will get to assist you again the next time your coming to our area.
Orchard Park, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 13, 2011

Great place to stay in the Glen Ellyn area, and their prices are suprisingly affordable for what they offer here. Although there have been times the room accomodations did not match what we reserved, corrections were quickly made. Our keys stopped working during our stay as well, but this was also corrected easily for us.The hotel is modern and decently clean, quiet and has great furnishings. The pool is really fabulous. Rooms only accomodate 4, so if you have a larger family like ours you may need to book 2. Cute bar/restaurant there too, good appetizers. We have stayed numerous times at this hotel on visits from NY as we have family in the area.

Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 16, 2011
Thank you for choosing to stay with us, we really appreciate you taking the time to post a review and for sharing your feedback with other travelers looking to visit the Glen Ellyn area. We hope to see you again soon.
Indianapolis, Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 8, 2011

We did not find the exterior of the hotel inviting so drove around looking for other places to stay. Came back and checked in .... WE WERE THRILLED with the interior and the wonderful staff. They even put us in the Quiet Zone when I explained that I am a light sleeper. We can't wait to go back. Totally loved the desk staff and the cozy room.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
cpgel, General Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, September 9, 2011
I am so glad you came and decided to give us a try. We love our hotel and enjoy sharing its beauty with our guests. The staff is wonderful and as a smaller boutique hotel we feel like everyone that comes to stay with us is part of the family. We hope to see you again soon.
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 5, 2011

It is a very nice property, tastefully done, and the staff was incredibly responsive. First, I had to call to find out why the a/c wasn't working well. Second, I could not get the phone to disconnect. While I was still on the phone, trying to see if the operator could help me make the phone shut off but also send the engineer to fix the a/c, someone was at the door to help me with the phone. Yeah, that's right, within less than a minute. I wanted to leave the hotel and insisted the engineer come to my room within five minutes. Yup, he got there and explained they'd had a power outage in the morning and by the time I got back to the hotel, it would be as cold as I wanted it to be. And it was! The room was very clean and the mattress seemed to be new. If you need to be in that area of the Chicago suburbs, I think it is a good location -- near highways, stores, restaurants -- and the staff was the most responsive I've come across in a long time.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled solo
Thank you for the great review, I apologize for the initial "troubles" but I am so glad that we were able to make your stay enjoyable and we certainly look forward to having you back.

Been to Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove? Share your experiences!