“One of the nicest hotels in the West Suburbs” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Save on Hotel Packages!
Ranked #2 of 5 hotels in Glen Ellyn
Minneapolis
“One of the nicest hotels in the West Suburbs”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 15, 2011

I need to stay in the West suburbs of Chicago for work. I have stayed at most of the major hotels in the Lisle/Downers Grove/Lombard area and this one is my new favorite. It has been beautifully updated and is very modern. You can still smell the new carpet. The rooms were very nicely appointed with a small fridge and a safe. I stayed in room 332. The pool and the gym looked very nice. I had dinner at the restaurant and it was a very nice meal. Great bed. Quiet. I will be back. The wireless and wired internet was free.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled on business

161 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Downers Grove, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 5, 2011

We had a great experience at this hotel. You can not beat the $69 a night Spring Break Special they have going on. We actually left another hotel and came here. They gave us a tour before we committed to staying there.

• Stayed April 2011, traveled with family
Brisbane, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2011

I was in Chicago for a week including a week-end and needed a hotel that was central to my appointments but also convenient to the airport and whatever I decided to do over the week-end. I found this Crowne Plaza on the Priority Club site and after checking the reviews on Tripadvisor I booked in and was pleasantly surprised at how good it was.

I travel a lot for work so am a bit jaded with hotels generally, this one is different. I was made feel welcome from the moment I approached the Reception Desk. Luz and Rose are superstars and do a great job of managing first impressions. My room was spacious, clean and quiet. The guest reception in the lobby Mon - Thur is a great way to meet the staff and other weary travelers over a pre-dinner drink.

The real gem is their Glen Prarie Restaurant which would be a success even if it were not attached to the hotel which cannot be said for many hotel restaurants. The food is great, the prices are reasonable and the staff are great.

This is a very well run hotel, you can tell because everyone you deal with on staff is on the ball and very customer focused. If you find yourself in Chicago’s south or west this is a great option but you do need a car.

• Stayed March 2011, traveled on business
Chicago
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 20, 2010

The staff was great and attentive. Hotel looks nothing on the inside what you would think from looking at it from the outside. The hotel does offer a shuttle but there is not much to eat near by. You will need a car or to take the shuttle. You are minutes from the highway, Yorktown Mall, and Oakbrook mall. My only complaint would be for such a small hotel, the elevator is extremely slow.

Stayed December 2010, traveled as a couple
Saint Charles, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 13, 2010

Fantastic staff and very attentive to needs. The best sleep I personally had for months...I thought I would be up all night the night before our wedding, but I slept so well in the comfy bed and enjoyed a very relaxing soak in the bathtub before getting ready in the morning! Thank you for taking care of all of our guests and of us! We had a wonderful stay and we will be back.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Omaha, Nebraska
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 24, 2010

Clean, but dreary and the attempts at refurbishing are poor. Walls are paper-thin. You must have a car to stay here; there are no restaurants near the hotel. Meeting rooms are nice and the food at the meetings was good. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled on business
cpgel, Manager at Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove, responded to this review, November 29, 2010
Thank you for your review. We appreciate all of our guest’s feedback. I am so glad that you enjoyed your meeting and the food and beverage ordered for the meeting. The chef that prepares the food for meetings and banquets is also the Executive Chef for Glen Prairie Local Flavor, our award winning restaurant so whether you dine in a meeting, a banquet, the restaurant or even with Room service you will enjoy the highest of quality. The Crowne Plaza Glen Ellyn Lombard is very excited to maintain the highest of quality in all areas of the hotel and it has been our intention since opening to give our guests a superior traveling experience, spectacular guestrooms, excellent meeting experiences and award winning food and beverage so please feel free to contact the hotel to chat if you would like to discuss your stay.
princeton
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 27, 2010

Our daughter arrived several hours before my wife and I. The staff was very accomodating and made sure she got into the room safely. Room was very clean, large and also had two hide away beds for those with children. Room service was timely and above average. Usually stay downtown, nice surprise if you have to stay in the 'burbs. P.S. We use a TomTom gps and it turned us the wrong way off of 355. Make sure you turn towards downtown.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family

Been to Crowne Plaza Lombard Downers Grove? Share your experiences!