“No surprises so it's good!” 3 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Get 10% off
Ranked #1 of 1 hotels in Glen Carbon
Chicago, Illinois
“No surprises so it's good!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Everything you want after a long day of driving...no surprises at your hotel! Convenient location right off the highway, easily accessible, well maintained grounds, relatively pleasant staff and a clean, comfortable quiet room. The room was well equipped with a microwave and fridge, but otherwise a no frills room. Only apparent areas of improvement I noticed were the jacuzzi jets (not working), and the oatmeal at breakfast was not prepared properly and was very unappealing. I also thought this property was overpriced for this market. All in all if I was in the area again I would consider staying.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business

108 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Washington, Missouri
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Actually pretty pleasantly surprised-clean, comfortable and the towels! Much bigger and softer than most. Anyone who follows my reviews knows it's one of my peeves. Only one drawback I found was the free breakfast. Sausage gravy luke warm and powdered eggs with absolutely no taste-have better at my hospital. Perhaps a lesson or two from Drury Inns is in order. I had one of the last rooms for smokers reserved and because the couple from the night before decided to stay over-they upgraded me to a "suite"-that's was nice of the staff to do. So-overall worth the buck.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Saint Louis, Missouri, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2013

My stay was very restful. The hotel seemed very clean and the front desk and restauant workers were phenomenal. Friendly staff. THe beds and the linens are so comfy that it's hard to get out of the bed in the mornng. The continrntal breakfast is really good too. Everything fresh. I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: King suite is the best!
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled solo
Birmingham, Alabama
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013

My husband and I made a 1,400 mile round-trip in less than 48 hours. We arrived at the hotel late (approx 9pm), with no reservation and were pleasantly greeted, received a fair rate, and in our room within minutes. The property is located near the interstate, but you would have never known it from the silence inside. The room was spacious, spotless and comfortable. Great pillows! We had a very restful, peaceful night's that was followed by breakfast in the large, nicely appointed lobby before we headed back out on the road. Overall, we were extremely pleased with our stay and the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
Davenport, Iowa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

It's a fine hotel - but having broken fitness equipment is unacceptable. As a business traveler, this is more important to me than free breakfast or any of the other small things. It's just unacceptable and I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Love this Hampton Inn! It is located near I-270, just minutes from SIUE. The decor is modern, and everything about the hotel is comfortable. The lobby/breakfast area is large and cozy, complete with a fireplace. The rooms are quiet and homey. The beds are very comfortable and made it easy to get a good night's sleep. There are many outlets for electronics (I wish all hotels would follow suit). The bathroom has a large, upgraded counter, as well as a great shower. I will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago for a wedding and were quite pleased. This time, we had to come back to Edwardsville for a funeral, so as you can imagine, it was pretty short notice. I made reservations online 2 days before our arrival. I then phoned the front desk and spoke with the clerk because of the 3pm check in time. I explained that we needed to be at a visitation at 3pm, and wondered if early check in would be at all possible. She informed me that she could not guarantee it, but would make a note on my reservation, and also let the daytime manager know our ordeal. I was told to call the day of our reservation, on our way down, to see if early check in was possible. I called before we got into town, and was told that the room was ready for check in.... this was at 1030am! My wife and I were thrilled that the staff made this possible for us. It took some of the un-needed stress off of us, during an already stressful time.
We had a King Bed Studio Suite, as no other king rooms were available. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed was very comofortable. The hotels also sits away from everything, so as long as you don't have noisy neighbors, it is a quiet area. Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fare, and we didn't have to fight a huge crowd in the dining area.
After speaking with other family members that stayed at other hotels in Edwardsville, it sounded like we payed the least amount for our room, and also had the nicest one. For the value and location, I would highly recommend this hotel.
I also want to thank the front desk staff and cleaning staff for making early check in possible. It is a "breath of fresh air" nowadays to have staff that really seem to care. When we return to Edwardsville, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville? Share your experiences!