“Fix your treadmill.” 3 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Glen Carbon
Davenport, Iowa
“Fix your treadmill.”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2013

It's a fine hotel - but having broken fitness equipment is unacceptable. As a business traveler, this is more important to me than free breakfast or any of the other small things. It's just unacceptable and I won't be back.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013 via mobile

Love this Hampton Inn! It is located near I-270, just minutes from SIUE. The decor is modern, and everything about the hotel is comfortable. The lobby/breakfast area is large and cozy, complete with a fireplace. The rooms are quiet and homey. The beds are very comfortable and made it easy to get a good night's sleep. There are many outlets for electronics (I wish all hotels would follow suit). The bathroom has a large, upgraded counter, as well as a great shower. I will stay here again when I am in the area.

• Stayed February 2013
Champaign, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 19, 2013

My wife and I stayed at this hotel a couple of years ago for a wedding and were quite pleased. This time, we had to come back to Edwardsville for a funeral, so as you can imagine, it was pretty short notice. I made reservations online 2 days before our arrival. I then phoned the front desk and spoke with the clerk because of the 3pm check in time. I explained that we needed to be at a visitation at 3pm, and wondered if early check in would be at all possible. She informed me that she could not guarantee it, but would make a note on my reservation, and also let the daytime manager know our ordeal. I was told to call the day of our reservation, on our way down, to see if early check in was possible. I called before we got into town, and was told that the room was ready for check in.... this was at 1030am! My wife and I were thrilled that the staff made this possible for us. It took some of the un-needed stress off of us, during an already stressful time.
We had a King Bed Studio Suite, as no other king rooms were available. The room was spacious and clean, and the bed was very comofortable. The hotels also sits away from everything, so as long as you don't have noisy neighbors, it is a quiet area. Breakfast was standard Hampton Inn fare, and we didn't have to fight a huge crowd in the dining area.
After speaking with other family members that stayed at other hotels in Edwardsville, it sounded like we payed the least amount for our room, and also had the nicest one. For the value and location, I would highly recommend this hotel.
I also want to thank the front desk staff and cleaning staff for making early check in possible. It is a "breath of fresh air" nowadays to have staff that really seem to care. When we return to Edwardsville, we will definitely be back.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Pittsburgh
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2013

One night stay on a long trip. It was a standard Hampton experience. Nice facility, a little wear and tear, but perfectly fine. As others have noted this hotel sits pretty much by itself, there is no dining within walking distance. This is actually a plus when you are stopping late in the evening on a long trip - there is very little local traffic to contend with. This hotel is also well situated to access Interstates 70, 270, 55, and 255, so almost no matter where you are headed this hotel is near your path.

The breakfast was not the best one we have had. We spent the evening of New Year's day at this hotel; there was almost no one at breakfast the following morning. I suspect this led to the food sitting around a little too long. It wasn't inedible, but it could have been fresher.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Palatine
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2013

Have stayed here twice for two nights each in the last 6 weeks. Its a traditional Hampton, I've stayed in many, and you cant go wrong. The complimentary breakfast is better than most Hamptons. Beds are wonderfully comfortable and the rooms are clean, large bathroom, flat panel TV with extensive cable. Service was friendly. The only negative is the location - Im used to Hampton's being adjacent to restaurants, etc and this one sits all by itself on a hill. There are many restaurants within 2-3 miles but there is nothing else around the hotel. Very convenient to the highway, yet very quiet. It would also be nice if the pool was open a little later than 10pm and opened a bit earlier than 9am. For those coming in from the road later or leaving earlier in the morning, there isnt the opportunity to use the pool or hot tub. If you are looking for something off 270 close to St. Louis, this is a great location. I did think the rate was a little high considering there is nothing around it and it doesnt seem to be very busy. I paid $114. On one trip we stayed at a hotel in nearby Pontoon Beach as it was a little closer to St. Louis. DONT DO IT, stay a couple of miles further away at this Hampton. You wont be disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 1, 2012 via mobile

Just like the previous post, the night I was a guest here 2 vehicles were broken into, one being mine. Completely destroyed the drivers side door trying to get in. When failed, they busted out the rear window. All this happened 5 parking spots down from the front lobby entrance under a light! We didn't receive any acknowledgment of this from management. An apology would have been nice. This hotel has a serious problem and I hope they fix it before they lose more customers or someone gets hurt! 4 vehicles in 2 different incidents in less than 2 months is a problem!!!

• Stayed October 2012
HamptonGC, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville, responded to this review, November 5, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We regret the unfortunate experience you had while staying here. A follow up message was left at the telephone number on file for the registered guest in the involved room but no one has returned my call.

We are deeply troubled by these incidents and have met with the Glen Carbon Chief of Police to discuss current events. As we have said before, the parking lot is well lit and frequently patrolled by local police and hotel staff. We strive to provide a safe and secure place for our guests and take all necessary and appropriate steps to ensure that we manage the variables we can control.
Collinsville, Illinois
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2012

Recently stayed at this location. Two vehichles were broken into, one of them being mine.
There are NO security cameras on the premises. According to a reliable source, this happens at this location every few months. The lock on the driver's door was removed, and since this is a mobility conversion van, the television was taken. The other vehichle was a Nissan truck with a camper shell. Broke out the driver's side window. Without security cameras, the police have nothing to go on. Police swiped for finger prints, but unfortunately, were not able to capture any.
While this hotel is an okay place to stay, due to the fact that there are no security cameras, and according to the hotel manager, they cannot afford to have cameras installed, doesn't feel they are necessary, I will no longer be staying at this location. Yes, this could have happened anywhere, however, I strongly feel if security cameras were in place, the police would have something to assist them in trying to catch these thieves. I stayed at this location for 7 nights, and was not offered anything in compensation. NOT that I was expecting anything, I do know that the owners of the nissan truck, were not charged for their one night stay. 10/13/2012

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
HamptonGC, General Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville, responded to this review, October 19, 2012
Thank you for taking the time to post your feedback. We sincerely regret your unfortunate experience while staying here. As was mentioned in our follow-up, you were misinformed with regards to reoccurring incidents here. Since opening in September 2007 this is the 2nd time we’ve had anything like this has happen. The parking lot is well lit and frequently patrolled by local police. We strive to provide a safe and secure place for our guests and take all necessary and appropriate steps to ensure that we manage the variables we can control.

Been to Hampton Inn & Suites St. Louis-Edwardsville? Share your experiences!