“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!! LOVED IT!!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Oscar Swan Country Inn

Oscar Swan Country Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Geneva
Oscar Swan Country Inn
You added Oscar Swan Country Inn to your Saves list
1800 West State Street., Geneva, IL 60134   |
Ranked #1 of 1 Geneva B&B and Inns
Chicago
“GREAT PLACE TO STAY!!! LOVED IT!!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2012

Stayed here last weekend for the muder mystery dinner. Inn owners are nice, kinda crabby but friendly. Yeah ok it's not the ritzs but it was very nice and charming. The mystery dinner thing was ok, but from what I understand the inn owners don't run that, they have a outside source for that, that part could have been way better, the bar thing communication. The people that run that, well thats a different story. As far as the rooms we had the loft and frank hardings room. Nice and cozy, a bit chilly but what do you expect from a 110 yr old home. I have read some of the reviews on here and I really don't think they are very nice. The inn owners are older and slower to get to things and what you need but they are all right. I mean the man is a bit crabby but. As far as the rooms not being clean and having mold, We did not have this issue. Is the place old yes, does it need to be remolded, maybe. But as far as it being dirty, no! It's is an old charming place with alot of older charm. The inn and the grounds are beautiful, the food was amazing, the breakfast was fantastic and the service was great. What else can you ask for, it's a BED and BREAKFAST and not a HOTEL. We can't wait to go back

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with friends

Solo
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 15, 2011

I spent the weekend with three of my dearest friends at the Oscar Swan mansion. The Swan Loft was absolutely perfect for our needs, with a kitchen area, fridge and microwave. Very comfortable beds and lovely room with a view. Breakfast was delicious. Nina and staff were extremely accomodating and gracious. We couldn't have asked for more and we all had a glorious weekend in this enchanting B&B.

Room Tip: The Swan Loft is perfect for a group of four or more
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Oak Lawn, Illinois
1 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2011

Mself and 6 other fmaily memembers headed out to the Murder Mystery last week. The lady on the phone as well as the paperwork we received told us we needed to dress Semi-Formal(even included picutres of what they felt was accepteable). the cost for the Dinner and mystery was $65.00. and there was to be a cash bar. The cocktail party and clue hunting began at 7pm..When we got there, there was no signs nor direction to tell that you that you had to park in the back lot . When we arrived we were shuffled to an outdoor area which we were lead to believe was a holding area until our cocktail party began inside.. after 20 minutes we (the guests ) discovered we WERE AT THE COCKTAIL PARTY. There was no Bar except for the wedding that was being held. We were then shuffeld into a small dining room . We were then sent table by table to our buffet dinner. NINA and her staff were ALL rude.One of the Guests asked for a 2nd piece of chiken (before tasting it) and was rudely refused. Whe werent even shown where the restrooms were. The food was horrible, the place was filthy and despite being given a map of the entire MANSION, we were isolated to one room. THIS IS SOOOOO NOT WORTH THE MONEY. Did I mention that when we returned to the back parking lot (now dark outside) THERE WERE NO LIGHTS... that has to be illegal.. I nearly broke my neck.. I should sue. I will NEVER go back and WE will tell everyone I know... Not to go

• Stayed June 2011, traveled with family
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 22, 2010

For a friend's birthday three of us made plans to attend a "mansion murder mystery dinner" that was to be held at the Oscar Swan mansion. We decided that instead of driving back to Chicago that night we would make reservations to stay at the mansion which is also a B&B

When we arrived they were hosting a wedding (Which looked lovely) but took time to greet us graciously and show us to our room which was actually a suite composed of two bedrooms, a sitting room, and a bath. The suite was spotlessly clean, comfortable, and charmingly furnished.

The large dining room where the dinner was held was especially attractive; the dinner was excellent and all three of us thoroughly enjoyed the murder mystery and the other participants.

In the morning we had a lovely buffet breakfast that included bacon, eggs, blintzes, coffee cake, fresh fruit salad and other delectables. We ate on a charming brick patio overlooking the back gardens.

All three of us thoroughly enjoyed the entire experience.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
chicago,il
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2010

I would like to extend my sincere thanks to Nina and her staff for making our stay at the Oscar Swan Bed & Breakfast a memorable and exquisite getaway. The B & B itself has so much "old world" charm just like I remember from my stays at the lovliest B & Bs in Europe. The location and proximity to both Chicago and the entire area offer so many choices of things to see and do. Once on the Oscar Swan grounds though, you would never know there is a hectic and busy world just steps away. The atmosphere is relaxing and peaceful. One of the very best parts of our stay was Nina's breakfast which offered unique and absolutely delicious choices of homemade baked muffins and breads.

As we try to go to different places during the different seasons of the year, we had been talking about taking a "color season" trip out to the Mississippi River area in late September. I believe we will be able to stay at the Oscar Swan "sister" B & B in Galena for that trip and are looking forward to the same terrific experience.

Thank you again, Nina!

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
Geneva, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2010

We had my sisters 6th birthday at the Oscar swan. Nina did a beautiful job at providing the food and space we needed. My sister and my family had the time of our life. I had my, my brothers, and my sisters baby dedication there on all four occasions the service and lodging were excellent!!! 

• Stayed July 2010
Chicago, IL
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2010

Our five-member family recently spent two outstanding nights at the Oscar Swan, which we all considered to be far and away the most elegant, historic and welcoming place to stay in the whole Fox River Valley.

Our hostess was gracious, warm and accommodating, and the rooms themselves were large and beautifully appointed. Our breakfast was singularly delicious, in a cheerfully-lit, manorial dining room. It reminded one of a country house in England, and managed to convey a spirit of grandness mingled with a feeling of homey comfort.

• Stayed March 2010, traveled with family

Been to Oscar Swan Country Inn? Share your experiences!