“A winner! I am still dreaming of that martini...” 5 of 5 stars

Cuisines: Latin
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Dining options: Breakfast/Brunch
Wheaton, Illinois
“A winner! I am still dreaming of that martini...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 16, 2013

My husband and I went here this weekend and were very impressed. It was highly recommended by our friend, and she was right. The cucumber martini (el pepino?) was seriously out of this world. I sucked down two in a row pretty quickly, and was in awe of how good it was. The skirt steak tacos were decent, but the garlic shrimp taco with cheese was far better. Their corn dish (I can't remember the names of any of these dishes) was very tasty, although a bit on the salty side. The raw tuna tacos were very good. Our server was very good. A serious bonus is that they take reservations. I love Bien Trucha, but I don't like waiting forever for a table. We will definitely be back.

• Visited September 2013

96% Recommend
West Chicago, Illinois
“Damn good food!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013 via mobile

I took my wife out for her 30th birthday with our 1 year old daughter. We had all intentions on heading to Bien Trucha (been there many times before), but the hostess informed us that they don't have high chairs. Disappointing! So my wife suggested we try Altiro because it was close by and she heard good things about it. I'm glad we tried it out because we a great experience. The food was delicious and drinks were superb and they were also kid friendly. Don't wait two hours for a table at Bien Trucha when this place is down the street...give it a shot, you won't be disappointed!

• Visited September 2013
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Loved everything about it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013 via mobile

Very creative menu. The Al Alambre was amazing! Skirt steak with chorizo. The avocado/tomatillo salsa was perfect. The tilapia tacos had just the right heat. Service was impeccable. Can't wait to go back!

Visited August 2013
Laguna Woods, California
“A Small Plate Heaven”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

First you need to know this place follows the "small plate" trend in eating. If you are good with this you are in for a wonderful experience. Second you need to know this is a creative take on Latin cuisine. You are not going to be served anything with a side of rice and beens slathered with cheese.

You will be ordering several plates (as a party of four we ordered eight) so branch out and give things a try, I found it all excellent in flavor and presentation. We tried the guacamole trio, roasted corn, baby spinach salad, potatoes, chicken tacos, skirt steak w/ queso, key lime pie and fried plantains. I loved every bite! The sauces were outstanding, spicy but not too hot and the combinations were very interesting. The service rates an "excellent". The only negative to me is the room is a bit noisy, even when not full.

The cost for our dinner (including a round of drinks) was $58 per couple plus tip, pretty "normal" for a nice dinner in Geneva. If you like Latin food and small plate dining appeals to you Altiro is a must try.

• Visited August 2013
Saint Charles, Illinois
“Finally, an alternative to Bien Trucha”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

Word of mouth led us to Latin Fusion Altiro. For those readers who have been to Bien Trucha, the ambience is identical, except the seating is more spacious. Though the menus are very similar, the choices are different. We enjoyed the food and service very much. We arrived around 12:30 on a Saturday afternoon, and we did not have to wait to be seated. It will be only a matter of time before others learn of this restaurant and the wait for a table will begin. Get there now while there is still time to enjoy a good meal on your own schedule.

• Visited July 2013