“One of my favorites” 5 of 5 stars

Description: It's a cafe and wine bar in downtown Geneva, IL
my suitcase
“One of my favorites”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 16, 2014

Just go there. You'll love it. The wine, the cheese boards, the bread... it's got it all. And a fabulous outdoor patio to boot.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere

“Neighborhood gem”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2014

Great wine selection as well as food offerings- we've been here numerous times. Everything is fresh and high quality. Expansive wine selection, as well as some beers for the non-wine drinkers. Wednesdays special allows you to choose between 4 wines at $20/bottle- its a great deal and the wine offered for special are of very good quality. Pair it with a homemade flatbread - they are delicious...we loved the italian sausage flatbread.

If you prefer more subdued environment, request a seat in the back enclosed deck area. The front part of the restaurant can get very loud at times.

• Visited April 2014
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
Chicago, Illinois
“The Reviews are Correct-Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 16, 2014

We were looking for a quaint and quiet restaurant on 3rd street in Geneva, that also had a great menu, and we found it! This restaurant is on the very south side of 3rd, and kind of hidden among the larger spots. We were pleasantly surprised at the depth and artisan quality of the menu. Big city type creativity with menu items that ran the spectrum. They have many amazing cheeses-check out their website. We had the European Cheese platter, Eggplant and goat cheese flat-bread and smoked trout rillette / fennel & granny smith apple salad. All excellent. Old brick walls, warm decor and just a really cool experience. Really good prices for the quality and types of ingredients served. Seek it out.

• Visited March 2014
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
“Delicious”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 2, 2014

This is a gem! We went for lunch on a Saturday and if they were open ok Sunday or Monday we would have gone back. We had the artichoke bread pudding. I was sad when it was gone because it was so delicious but it was a satisfying portion size. My husband at the short rib pie (a spin on a pot pie). It was also very tasty. It's clear why this is the #1 plan in Geneva. The vast majority of items are made in site- including the bread. Definite worth a try!

Chicago
“Pleasant Surprise”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 16, 2014 via mobile

My wife received a gift certificate to this restaurant as a thank you. Saturday afternoon we decided to use it for lunch. I have to say that I went into it a little skeptical. Since neither of us drink, I was expecting it to more of a place to share a bottle of wine with some appetizers.
With some help from our very pleasant server who took the time to discuss each of our selections we picked one of the three cheese plates and the egg plant "brandade". Both were excellent and filling.
I then had the lunch special consisting of a pulled pork sandwich, with cole slaw on it served on a fresh made sourdough bun. This came with a cup of the tomato bacon soup. Both were very generous in size and excellent.
I highly recommend you check this out. The seating is tight, but when we were there it was not packed so it was not a problem. I do think that during times when it is full, it could seem like you are sitting on top of each other. Still, give it a try. I do not think you will be disappointed.

Visited February 2014