“LOVED the Herrington!” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Geneva
Bettendorf, Iowa, United States
“LOVED the Herrington!”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013

My beau and I stayed at the Herrington on a whim - he was in town from the UK, everything was overpriced in Chicago, and we decided to go outside the city. I got a great web rate for the Herrington at the last minute on a Monday afternoon. We arrived in Geneva on a perfect summer evening. The staff was lovely at check-in. We ate dinner in the restaurant on-site, and the food was FANTASTIC. Unfortunately - we had to leave the next morning - would have loved to stay longer!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
JP_Herrington, Director of Sales at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this review, August 14, 2013
We're so glad you enjoyed time at our romantic Inn, and we hope you can stay longer next time! Thank you also for pointing out that we're an excellent alternative to staying overnight in downtown Chicago!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (81)
Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed one night for our 28th wedding anniversary. This was our first time to Geneva. We had a room on the third floor with two double beds which was fine. Would have preferred a king bed but it worked out okay. The front desk staff was very pleasant as well as the bellboy. It was very relaxing sitting out on the balcony overlooking the river. The cookies and milk were a great touch! The continental breakfast served its purpose. Our overall stay was a good choice.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
chicago illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 30, 2013

This is my wife and I's 5th time staying at The Herrington and once again had a great stay. I typically don't like to add a review of a place I've been to before but in this case I thought I might pass along some info regarding the rooms. For this trip we choose to stay in the Jr. Suite. I requested the top floor center location and it had in my opinion the best views of the Fox river. I will say that the room itself is very similar to the River deluxe option so if the rates are similar I'd say upgrade, but if its considerably more than I'm not sure its worth the extra expense. The Herrington remains our favorite hotel in the western suburbs, We will be back!

Room Tip: The river deluxe is the best option for the price.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
JP_Herrington, Director of Sales at The Herrington Inn & Spa, responded to this review, July 29, 2013
We appreciate your loyalty as guests of The Herrington Inn & Spa. Thank you also for recommending us to others! Let us know when your return so that we can make sure you get your favorite view! Best Regards, Jennifer
Saint Charles, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 23, 2013

Amazing stay here with the wife, geneva is such a gem of a city. I was looking for relaxation and romance even though I live near geneva we still needed a mini vacation from the kids and that is just what we got.

Room Tip: river views are pretty
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
We are happy when the locals can discover The Herrington Inn & Spa for a "staycation" - thank you for sharing about your experience. Also thanks for giving Geneva a shout out. This town is definitely fun, friendly, full of shops, restaurants, pubs, bicycling, and plenty of history. It's a great getaway that makes you feel like you're so much farther from home!
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

Gorgeous hotel right on the river. We had a beautiful room with a balcony. The room also had a two person jacuzzi (great for my wife and I to celebrate my birthday). Attentive service, safe storage for our bicycles, quite good continental breakfast served in a lovely courtyard. We will definitely be back.

Seattle, Washington, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 18, 2013

As the groom I of course was in charge of booking the honeymoon location. I had no ideas with less than a month to go and our wedding was on July 7th, meaning it was 4th of July weekend and I was sure everything around us was booked. Then I remembered several visits I had taken to Geneva and had always been curious about The Herrington.

I called and told them I was getting married, needed a room, and wanted a view of the river. I also asked if there was some honeymoon package we could get. With these kinds of requests you can never be sure, but it was all for my new wifey!

I do not remember who I talked to, but they were extremely accommodating. They said they had a room, which ended up being a Junior River Suite, and would be able to fulfill all the requests. I was blown away. But what blew me away even more was the price. I've looked into many other inns and nothing has come close to the deal we got. I am not sure if it was our honeymoon or what, but I hope that when we go back we can get a similar deal.

The milk and cookies were amazing. The champagne was great. The strawberries were a fantastic touch. Everything was all that we could imagine and more.

Only thing is we wish we had more time to enjoy the room, the view, and the town. I love Geneva and this is a place we plan on coming back to over the years to celebrate anniversaries.

Thanks so much Herrington for making our wedding night one to remember!

Room Tip: Get a river view. Junior River Suite was amazing.
  • Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Indiana
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

Location: Nice little town. A couple blocks from the hotel is a street where almost all of the old houses have been turned into shops and restaurants. It's on a little river so there are also walking trails right there. We were there in Feb so there was still a little too much snow on the ground for us.

General: We were there during a taste of chicagoland or something so the restaurant in the hotel was booked. We went out to eat both nights we were there but came back and took advantage of the bar in the lobby. It got a lot more traffic than I was expecting, of course it's easy to forget how many rooms there are in that place so it might have been mostly guests. Turndown service includes cookies and milk, no joke! They did a good job when it was built to make it look like an old barn/dairy but very up to date amenities.

Staff: Everyone was EXTREMELY nice.

Room: I want to live there! We had first floor corner room right on the river. It had a gigantic bed that looked like it belonged in a castle, a fireplace that was lit every night as part of the turn down service, and a huge bathroom. Very clean and homey. It fit with the style of the hotel perfectly.

I have suggested it to several friends for a great weekend away.

Room Tip: Our room was closest to the road and we could hear it but just barely.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to The Herrington Inn & Spa? Share your experiences!