My daughter and I wanted to get away for the weekend and wanted to be within 2hrs of home. My sister lived in the area of the hotel and she recommended it to us. We stayed for two nights at the Herrington during spring break.
As we pulled up to the hotel, we were a bit concerned by the outside appearance of the hotel.The hotel looked a little worn, and in desperate need of a coat of paint. It is in a great location, right next to the Fox Valley River. Parking is right there, no long walks to your car and it is free.
We were greeted warmly by their receptionist. Our check in went smoothly and they escorted us up to our beautiful room. Once we walked into our room, we felt right at home. The decor is beautiful, quaint and attention to details. The bathroom was spotless and the hot tub is one of the best I have ever had in a actual hotel room (as apposed to being in a spa portion of a hotel). I stayed at the Beverly Hilton about a year ago and they had the same tiles and bathroom fixtures. The Herrington Hotel bathroom had a better tub and it definitely had more room. There was even a vanity table with a makeup mirror with a comfortable chair. My teenage daughter and I were in heaven. The towels were soft and actual bath towels, not like those small towels other hotels "call" bath towels. We did not go to the spa, but I am guessing it must be nice because everything seems to be in good order at the Herrington.
The staff gave us a lot of suggestions of things to see and do while in St. Charles. There are many nice shops, theatres and walking trails nearby. The town itself is quaint and has some great restaurants. There is a shop unlike I have ever seen called "The Little Traveler" and it is a "must do" for most women. Their website is: Thelittletraveler.com. There is a Chocolate Restauranat, Starbucks, Cupcake shops, antiques and much more to see within walking distance of the Herrington Hotel/Spa.
At approx. 7pm there was a tap at our door. Everyone gets warm cookies and milk a night, what a nice touch. Great idea, but the cookies were not very tasty. However, we were very grateful for this gesture.
We came downstairs to enjoy the free breakfast in the lovely sitting area of the hotel, but then noticed their beautiful restaurant over looking the garden. The food was excellent as was the service. Check out the photos of the restaurant on their website. It reminded me of the movie The Sound of Music when the oldest daughter and her boyfriend were outside in the gazebo singing "`I am 16 Going on 17". Windows all around, with golden linens and decor touches.
After breakfast that first morning I was talking to the waitor and he told me the history of the Herrington Hotel/Spa. I asked him if we could see any other rooms just out of curiosity. He took us around and let me say, they have a beautiful hotel and each window has a view of the river or garden/town area. Some rooms are more elborate than others like most hotels would offer guests.
This wasn't one of those places that you waited in long lines to check in, or had to request a working hair dryer or tv. It just seemed like they cared about their guests' comfort.
The cost was fair, and it helped we went during the week. This past weekend my husband and I went for a ride because it was a beautiful day. He wanted to see what my daughter and I were raving about at the Herrington Hotel, so we took a ride out there just to show him the hotel and had a great day in town. We are not fooling anybody here, he quickly figured out that I wanted to go back with him for a romantic weekend now that tax season is finally over.
So if you are looking for a great place for a romantic weekend, or a girls' get away, The Herrington Hotel Spa is definitely the place to go. Don't forget your walking shoes!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel, spa, and restaurant in the Chicago suburb of Geneva, IL. Voted one of Illinois best spa hotels and located on the waterfront, each room offers a large whirlpool tub, fireplace, and furnished balcony. We are perfect for storybook weddings, corporate meetings, romantic getaways, fine dining, and relaxing in the best day spa in Geneva. Within walking distance to the Metra Train line to Chicago's Loop, and running/biking path. Evening turn down service staff deliver chilled milk and fresh baked cookies to all overnight guests. Each morning guests enjoy a complimentary European-style continental breakfast buffet served in our grand lobby. Also complimentary: wireless internet access and plenty of onsite parking. Just across from the hotel is the Fox River Trail, available year round for waterfront running or biking. Hotel is within walking distance to over 100 shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Otel so you can book your The Herrington Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herrington Hotel Geneva
- The Herrington Inn And Spa
- Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Geneva