We really enjoyed our two nights in Geneva December 28 and 29, 2012. We found the service to be very good whenever we had questions or needed something. We stayed in 301, and it was a Junior Suite on the 3rd floor with a view of the Fox River. Be sure to check my room pics.
The two person Jacuzzi tub and large shower make for a great way to relax and unwind. Be sure to bring yourself a bottle of vino. There's an opener in the room. We loved the bidet (if one can love a bidet) because it reminded us of when we are in Italy. I don't know why it's not in more American homes and hotels.
The bed, for me was comfortable, but was hard for my wife. The heating system was perfect, even with having balconey doors and it being 16 degrees out one morning.
Be sure to take a hike along the Fox River Island Trail. We say a Bald Eagle eyeing up breakfast. Speaking of breakfast, we were fine with the hotel Eurostyle free breakfast, as we saved room for lunch and had some great places to eat in Geneva. Try the Preservation Bread and Wine Co. for lunch, and visit Niche for fine dining in town.
- Also Known As:
- The Herrington Hotel Geneva
- The Herrington Inn And Spa
- The Herrington Hotel
- Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Geneva
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel, spa, and restaurant in the Chicago suburb of Geneva, IL. Voted one of Illinois best spa hotels and located on the waterfront, each room offers a large whirlpool tub, fireplace, and furnished balcony. We are perfect for storybook weddings, corporate meetings, romantic getaways, fine dining, and relaxing in the best day spa in Geneva. Within walking distance to the Metra Train line to Chicago's Loop, and running/biking path. Evening turn down service staff deliver chilled milk and fresh baked cookies to all overnight guests. Each morning guests enjoy a complimentary European-style continental breakfast buffet served in our grand lobby. Also complimentary: wireless internet access and plenty of onsite parking. Just across from the hotel is the Fox River Trail, available year round for waterfront running or biking. Hotel is within walking distance to over 100 shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Fareportal and Otel so you can book your The Herrington Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.