Your first view of the Herrington is large stone buidings evoking what I think of as the English countryside. The lobby displays a fireplace that is also open to the dining room. Check in was efficient even thought the hour was late. Our room with a landing on the river and a view of a park was large and sported a gas log fireplace that activated with a switch. The weather was damp so we had it going frequently.The king bed was sumptious!! The bathroom was beautifully appointed with a jaccuzi and shower, a private toilet, vanity and sink. The water was hot but ran out quickly. Each night cookies and milk magically appeared. The included continental breakfast was more than adequate. Front desk staff is very helpful. We opted to eat paid breakfast in the gazebo. It was not open but the staff opened it quickly with NO complaints. The waiter had to walk a ways to get to us but did it with flair!! We would consider staying here and taking a train into the city if urban experience is what you want. If not there is plenty of rural beauty nearby as well as restaurants and brew pubs. Thank you Herrington!!!
Time did not allow a spa visit but the word is that it is worth a visit!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- AAA Four Diamond boutique hotel, spa, and restaurant in the Chicago suburb of Geneva, IL. Voted one of Illinois best spa hotels and located on the waterfront, each room offers a large whirlpool tub, fireplace, and furnished balcony. We are perfect for storybook weddings, corporate meetings, romantic getaways, fine dining, and relaxing in the best day spa in Geneva. Within walking distance to the Metra Train line to Chicago's Loop, and running/biking path. Evening turn down service staff deliver chilled milk and fresh baked cookies to all overnight guests. Each morning guests enjoy a complimentary European-style continental breakfast buffet served in our grand lobby. Also complimentary: wireless internet access and plenty of onsite parking. Just across from the hotel is the Fox River Trail, available year round for waterfront running or biking. Hotel is within walking distance to over 100 shops, galleries, restaurants, and pubs. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Cheap Tickets, Expedia and Otel so you can book your The Herrington Inn & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Herrington Hotel Geneva
- The Herrington Inn And Spa
- Herrington Hotel Geneva
- Herrington Geneva