“Recommended” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Geneva
Cedar Rapids, Iowa
“Recommended”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2013

The staff could not be friendlier or more helpful. Cesar even loaned me HIS phone charger when I found I'd left mine at home. The location is great, the rooms are clean and well appointed, the shower was good. I'd definitely return.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends
comfortinngeneva, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, April 29, 2013
Dear Doc21144,

Thank You so much for the kind works. I am happy to hear Cesar was able to assit with a charger. I will be sure to pass the thanks along to him!

We hope to see you again soon!!

Eric Lightner

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 14, 2013 via mobile

We stay with these folks approx 20+ nights per year. Great place, great servive, and great rate. The staff makes us feel like family. None better! We recommend this hotel to all our friends. Will be there 10 to 12 nights over tje next 3 montjs, reservations in place. Please join us, this is a great place!

• Stayed March 2013
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 20, 2013
Thank You so much for making us your choice for lodging! We realize you have a lot of choices and appreciate your continued patronage. We appreciate your positive comments regarding our award winning staff and service.

We look forward to seeing you again in the near future!!

Batavia, IL
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2013

We live locally but I have used this location twice in the past year---one for a Girlscout overnight with 10 girls, and most recently as a pool party location for my son's birthday. The staff is wonderful. Very helpful and accomodating. Great value for the price.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Dear Laura M,

Thank you for your continued patronage of our hotel. I will be sure to pass along your great comments to our staff memebers.

We hope to see you again in the future!!

3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm a business traveler who stayed several times before I realized my things were being stolen from my room while I was at work! Even my SONICARE toothbrush and shampoos/soaps from the shower!! The last straw was being charged for a "smoke" smell when I do NOT even smoke. Because I stayed frequently the last time I was there I lit a candle at times so Im guessing where they got the idea to say there was a smoke smell. Regardless.. They are thieves. Bottom line.

• Stayed February 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay. I apologize you feel you were ripped off by housekeeping. Upon furthur research, it was determined that housekeeping did not enter your room during your stay due a privacy sign on your door. When it was taken off, we did find evidence that the room had been smoked in as well.
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very clean, comfortable, pleasant. The staff is always very friendly. The recent addition of some hot dishes (eggs, sometimes meat, other items) to the breakfast menu makes breakfast a good meal here. I stay here because it is close to Fermilab, so I can't comment if the location is good for other attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Ron R.,

Thank you for the kind words regaring our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the hot additions to our breakfast menu.

Hope to see you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stay here upon occasion for business and never regret the choice. The front desk staff is always accommodating and friendly, and on our last stay, upgraded us to a king suite. Our most recent stay in the king suite found a comfortably sized living room with an older TV (I didn't realize such old TVs were still around, but it worked so it is fine.) and a nice sofa to sit on. Since there was no window in the living room area, the hotel provided multiple light sources so it never felt dim. The bathroom was clean and spacious, with a fabric shower curtain that i would love to have at home. A heavy door divides the bedroom area from the living area so you don't hear the noise if someone has the TV on in the living room. The bedroom is also large and the bed extremely comfortable. Another old TV is in an entertainment center in the bedroom. We couldn't hear anyone around us so slept wonderfully. After waking up refreshed, we headed downstairs for breakfast and found good choices as we always do: two types of waffles, an egg sandwich station, cereals, fruit and more. A nice touch was the fireplace was running, giving a cozy atmosphere on a cold morning. When business takes us back out to Geneva and we don't want to drive back into the city, this is where we will always stay. On another note, a great restaurant is next door. This hotel is a great choice for travelers and business people alike.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back as they are quieter, but even if you are in front, the road noise stops at ni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear badger2773,

Thank You very much for your comments regarding your stay. We realize you have many choice and appreciate that you choose us for your business lodging needs. We are in the process of upgrading our televisions throughout the hotel. I am happy to hear that you were pleased withg our variety of breakfast items that we offer.

Thanks Again and We hope to see you again Soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Clean and spacious rooms, nice and comfortable structure. I would just suggest to the room service people to fold up guests' pyjamas when they make up the rooms, as it's not very nice to find them piled up on the bedside table.

Dear Marco C,

Thank you for your comments regarding your spacious room. I do apologize that you found your pajamas next to bed. I will be sure to follow up with housekeeping to ensure that this does not occur in the future.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Eric Lightner

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!