“Rip off. Housekeepers are thieves!!!” 3 of 5 stars

You added Comfort Inn & Suites to your Saves list
Comfort Inn & Suites
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1555 E. Fabyan Pkwy., Geneva, IL 60134   |
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Geneva
“Rip off. Housekeepers are thieves!!!”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013 via mobile

I'm a business traveler who stayed several times before I realized my things were being stolen from my room while I was at work! Even my SONICARE toothbrush and shampoos/soaps from the shower!! The last straw was being charged for a "smoke" smell when I do NOT even smoke. Because I stayed frequently the last time I was there I lit a candle at times so Im guessing where they got the idea to say there was a smoke smell. Regardless.. They are thieves. Bottom line.

• Stayed February 2013
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, March 6, 2013
Thank you for taking the time to write a response regarding your stay. I apologize you feel you were ripped off by housekeeping. Upon furthur research, it was determined that housekeeping did not enter your room during your stay due a privacy sign on your door. When it was taken off, we did find evidence that the room had been smoked in as well.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
North Brunswick, New Jersey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 17, 2013

Very clean, comfortable, pleasant. The staff is always very friendly. The recent addition of some hot dishes (eggs, sometimes meat, other items) to the breakfast menu makes breakfast a good meal here. I stay here because it is close to Fermilab, so I can't comment if the location is good for other attractions.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 18, 2013
Dear Ron R.,

Thank you for the kind words regaring our hotel. I am glad you enjoyed the hot additions to our breakfast menu.

Hope to see you again soon!

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 10, 2013

We stay here upon occasion for business and never regret the choice. The front desk staff is always accommodating and friendly, and on our last stay, upgraded us to a king suite. Our most recent stay in the king suite found a comfortably sized living room with an older TV (I didn't realize such old TVs were still around, but it worked so it is fine.) and a nice sofa to sit on. Since there was no window in the living room area, the hotel provided multiple light sources so it never felt dim. The bathroom was clean and spacious, with a fabric shower curtain that i would love to have at home. A heavy door divides the bedroom area from the living area so you don't hear the noise if someone has the TV on in the living room. The bedroom is also large and the bed extremely comfortable. Another old TV is in an entertainment center in the bedroom. We couldn't hear anyone around us so slept wonderfully. After waking up refreshed, we headed downstairs for breakfast and found good choices as we always do: two types of waffles, an egg sandwich station, cereals, fruit and more. A nice touch was the fireplace was running, giving a cozy atmosphere on a cold morning. When business takes us back out to Geneva and we don't want to drive back into the city, this is where we will always stay. On another note, a great restaurant is next door. This hotel is a great choice for travelers and business people alike.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in back as they are quieter, but even if you are in front, the road noise stops at ni...
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear badger2773,

Thank You very much for your comments regarding your stay. We realize you have many choice and appreciate that you choose us for your business lodging needs. We are in the process of upgrading our televisions throughout the hotel. I am happy to hear that you were pleased withg our variety of breakfast items that we offer.

Thanks Again and We hope to see you again Soon!

4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

Clean and spacious rooms, nice and comfortable structure. I would just suggest to the room service people to fold up guests' pyjamas when they make up the rooms, as it's not very nice to find them piled up on the bedside table.

Dear Marco C,

Thank you for your comments regarding your spacious room. I do apologize that you found your pajamas next to bed. I will be sure to follow up with housekeeping to ensure that this does not occur in the future.

Thanks again and we hope to see you again soon!

Appleton, Wisconsin
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Friendly and very accommodating staff. Left my travel coffee mug in my room and they put it aside for me (without me asking) to give to me during my next stay. Well maintained and superb service from all the employees. The value is well worth the price. Very comfortable -- I'll return again and again.

Dear Jim Y,

Thank You so much for your comments regarding our staff. I will be sure to pass them along. I am happy to hear that you got your coffee traverl mug back. I can appreciate how inportant that is!.

Thanks again and we look forward to seeing you again soon!

Geneva, Illinois, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013

We recently stayed over on a Saturday and really enjoyed the room size, how comfortable the beds were and the indoor pool. We had our 2 kids with us who were both loved swimming in the middle of the cold winter. The staff was friendly and everything was clean. We would definitely return.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, February 4, 2013
Dear Cathy K.,

Thank you so much for your positive feedback. I am so glad you and your family enjoyed your experience while staying here. Please be on the lookout for various special we run during this year for a return visit!

Hope to see you again soon!

Louisville, Kentucky
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 17, 2013

I have a client nearby and have stayed here three times. All three times the hotel has served my purposes very well and this stay is no different. Rooms were clean, nothing too fancy, but my purpose was business. There's a pool and small workout room, neither of which I used. Check in was quick and very polite. Plenty to do nearby. If the weather is nice, take a right hand turn out of the hotel and drive about a mile down to the river and there's a very nice, paved trail that a lot of people use to bike,jog,walk and it goes for several miles from Geneva all the way up to St. Charles... Cross the bridge into town and make sure you eat at Za Za's! It's a fantastic old-style Italian eatery...you'll love it. If you go north on Kirk road, about 1.5 miles where it intersects 38 (Roosevelt I believe) there is a subway, convenient store and liquor store... I didn't partake of the morning breakfast, although plenty of people were and their appeared to be plenty of food available.

I visit St. Geneva a few times a year and will choose this hotel until things change.

Room Tip: Eat at Za Za's in St. Charles...about 5 mile drive. Also check out the river walk if the weather...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
ComfortInnGenevaIL, General Manager at Comfort Inn & Suites, responded to this review, January 18, 2013
Dear tzugidon,

Thank you so much for your continued patronage to our hotel. We realize you have many choices and appreciate that you choose us for your lodging needs when you are meeting your client. I agree with you that the trail from Geneva to St. Charles is one that most people should take advantage of and that ZA Za's is one of the best restaurants around! We look forward on seeing you on your next visit to the area.

Eric Lightner

Been to Comfort Inn & Suites? Share your experiences!